Wonderful Copenhagen

We love to try beer while in other countries. What can you suggest in Copenhagen that we try out that isn't Carlsberg? I have had it and liked it before but was looking for something I might not find here in the State.

Also is there a dish or pastry we should try out? In Venice it was Cuttlefish and Greece was authentic baklava.

Smørrebrød (open faced sandwich) is one of the most danish dishes and you can get that at many places.

Ida Davidsen is probably the most famous place but there are alot of others and I would like to point alot of places out but I am in charge of a Indoor soccer tournament this weekend so all my time goes with this but I promise you that I will show you some restaurants in next week.

About the beer, some good local beers are Nørrebro Bryghus and Vesterbro Bryghus.

Smørrebrød (open faced sandwich) is one of the most danish dishes and you can get that at many places.

Ida Davidsen is probably the most famous place but there are alot of others and I would like to point alot of places out but I am in charge of a Indoor soccer tournament this weekend so all my time goes with this but I promise you that I will show you some restaurants in next week.

About the beer, some good local beers are Nørrebro Bryghus and Vesterbro Bryghus.

Oh man that soccer tournament is going to keep you busy for sure. Have a good time doing it.

The first ship to dock at the new cruise terminal in 2014 is Legend Of The Seas on the 2nd of may, the name is C330.

C177 Nordre Toldbod and 190 Langelinie Pier is also in use.

The only ships that are using the freeport terminal (C254) next year is Eurodam, Ryndam, Seabourn Quest, Marina, Horizon, Seven Seas Voyager, Crystal Symphony, Azamara Journey but they are not using this terminal on all dates.

Just to be sure I am not mistaken... is the NCL Star scheduled to use the Freeport Terminal on June 3, 2013?

And i can´t even write in danish Its Refshaleøen. :o

The timetable is here

Mandag - Fredag means Monday- Friday

Lørdag means Saturday

Søndag og Helligdag means Sunday and Holidays

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/991-0991-121012-r.pdf

Danish Viking,

I hope the tournament was a success! I am sure you are exhausted, and here I am bothering you with another question. On the harbor bus schedule you provided via PDF, do the harbor buses run mid-day on Monday through Friday? I see on the schedule a "boxed in" area under the Monday through Friday schedule with no timetable.

If we were to use the harbor bus, we would likely use it from 1200 to 1500 on a Wednesday.

Thank you again for your help!

Melissa

@ RJ 2002

The new cruise port will first open in 2014.

The tournament is first this Saturday so no time to relax now.

@ Jeff and Melissa

It just mean that they have fixed departure times in that timeframe.

If you see 2 numbers they will sail every 30th minute according to the numbers shown in the box.

So from Nordre Toldbod they will sail xx:10 and xx:40.

Edited by Danish viking

@ RJ 2002

@ Jeff and Melissa

It just mean that they have fixed departure times in that timeframe.

If you see 2 numbers they will sail every 30th minute according to the numbers shown in the box.

So from Nordre Toldbod they will sail xx:10 and xx:40.

Danish Viking,

Thank you so much for clarifying this for me! I knew there was a secret code to it somehow! :D

Have a great day!

Melissa

Danish Viking,

Now that I've got all the logistics worked out, now the most important questions! We plan on getting off the ship as soon as it is cleared...800-ish. Catching bus 26 to the Central Station area. We plan on going on Richard Karpen's copenhagen walking tour, which doesn't start until 1030am from Tourist Information there.

So, we will have a little time to wander around. Any recommendations for a spot to have a coffee and pastry around there? We don't mind walking a bit. Also, any place around there where we can purchase Toms caramels and/or Anton Berg chocolates? :D

Thank you again!

Melissa

How do we find out what pier our ship will be at? We are sailing on Brilliance of the Seas and will be in Copenhagen on July 16th, 2013.

Port website:

http://www.cmport.com/ships-in-port/calls

and, here is the link to download 'ships in port' for 2013 (lists the quays for all ships)

http://www1.cmport.com/ships-in-port/cruise-ships/cruise-list-2013

jill

@ JeffandMelissa

There are lots of places in and around the central station that serves a good coffee.

The places closest to the central that has a big variety of chocolate is Superbrugsen and Irma and probably also some kiosks in or around the station but its impossible to find a list of all the kiosks in Copenhagen.

Superbrugsen Halmtorvet

Halmtorvet 25

1700 København V

Irma Codanhus

Gl Kongevej 64

1850 Frederiksberg C

Irma City Vesterbrogade (closest to the central station)

Vesterbrogade 46

1620 København V

@ Flounder8

C177 is Nordre Toldbod and is the pier closest to downtown Copenhagen

C190 is Langeliniekaj and is located next to the Little Mermaid.

C245 to 254 is the freeport terminal on a map its Sundskajand Orientkaj.

C330 is the new cruise terminal that opens next year.

@ blonde1981

Here is a list of places that serves smørrebrød to keep you busy with :-)

Aamanns Etablissement

Øster Farimagsgade 12

2100 København Ø

Centrum Smørrebrød

Vesterbrogade 6

1620 København V

Schønnemann Restaurant

Hauser Plads 16

1127 København K

Slotskælderen hos Gitte Kik

Fortunstræde 4

1065 København K

Restaurant

Store Kongensgade 56

1264 København K

Told & Snaps

Toldbodgade 2

1253 København K

Tivolihallen

Vester Voldgade 91

1552 København V

Kanal Cafeen

Frederiksholms Kanal 18

1220 København K

Grøften

Vesterbrogade 3, Tivoli,

1620 København V

Husmanns Vinstue

Larsbjørnsstræde 2

1454 København K

Færgekroen

Vesterbrogade 3, Tivoli

1630 København V

Pilekælderen

Pilestræde 48

1112 København K

Ida Davidsen

Store Kongensgade 70

1264 København K

The rest of this list is here (3 more pages)

http://www.aok.dk/soeg#what:Restaurant%20og%20caf%C3%A9;where::Indre%20By;what_sub::Dansk%20-%20traditionelt;query:sm%C3%B8rrebr%C3%B8d;source_1_page:1

Edited by Danish viking

@ JeffandMelissa

There are lots of places in and around the central station that serves a good coffee.

The places closest to the central that has a big variety of chocolate is Superbrugsen and Irma and probably also some kiosks in or around the station but its impossible to find a list of all the kiosks in Copenhagen.

Superbrugsen Halmtorvet

Halmtorvet 25

1700 København V

Irma Codanhus

Gl Kongevej 64

1850 Frederiksberg C

Irma City Vesterbrogade (closest to the central station)

Vesterbrogade 46

1620 København V

Danish Viking,

I've added this list to my notes. Thank you again for all your valuable guidance and help!

Melissa

I must admit that i was looking with one eye on the Computer and one eye on my very own X-Files marathon.

Generally i think that they have to many (Commercial) breaks for my taste but i have it the same way with Superbowl like the wither games, I don´t care at all about it but somehow i need to see it anyway. :-)

But i thought you did something useful while the Power was out :-)

But the half time show i always looks forward to was mediocre at best, Only Black Eyed Pears has done a more worse job.