Wonderful Copenhagen

@ Enot

If I was you I will probably take a taxi at 8:30-8:45 just to be sure, the taxi can brake down or there is an accident on the way to the airport that causes a traffic jam.

But the traffic in Copenhagen is not enough to create a traffic jam and especially not on a Sunday.

Thanks a lot!

I'll admit that the City Circle line has a huge impact on Copenhagens landscape but its only until the socalled station boxes are finished that it has the biggest impact.

When the TBM's are starting to dig the tunnels then the impact is smaller because most progress will be made underground.

The metro line is ready for service in 2018 and the line out to the Freeport in 2019.

But its not like all of Copenhagen is one big mess, its only the area around the new stations that are affected.

All tourist sites are not affected any bit, but words like Mini Dubai has floated around. :)

But its similar in London with Crossrail, North South Line in Amsterdam and Citybanan in Stockholm so we are not the only one messing around.

And thanks for all the kind words.

Danish Viking,

We will be visiting in June 5 aboard the celebrity eclipse and cannot wait to visit! I am wondering if u think it is realistic to go back and forth from the ship to town. For example we have an independent tour from 10-2 and then plan to do a few additional sights. After we thought we might go back to ship, change for evening and head back into the city for do Mer and tivoli. If it will be a large cost or huge imposition we probably won't go back.

We are taking "Copenhagen food tour" which meets at the large food market. Any tips how to get to that area easily from the ship. I know there is metro line nearby but doesn't seem to be a metro line near the ship.

Your advice is much appreciated! Thank you for giving so much of your time to us tourists!

There is never a shortage of taxis at CPH, and the lines are divided by normal taxis and big taxis.

But the train takes you directly from the airport to the central station and is alot cheaper.

Its a little bit more expensive to order the card but if you are planning on using public transportation on arrival you have to do it because DSB's ticket office closes at 22:00 and the airports info center closes at 23:00 so you don't have the time to get the card.

Thanks for the info. Too bad we're arriving late ...:(

@ Tennant

Bus 26 will get you to the city and back again all day from either Langelinie Pier or in the evening from one stop further ahead at Indiakaj.

To get to the food market (called Torvehallerne) you just take bus 26 from the pier to Østerport station and take any trains towards Copenhagen and get off at Nørreport where Torvehallerne is located.

http://torvehallernekbh.dk/

The cheapest ticket is the City Pass that cost 75 DKK and covers all transportation in central Copenhagen and the airport in 24 hours.

A single ticket costs 24 DKK and is valid in 1 hour so your ticket is earned in just 3 trips.

I am not sure if "Kiosken" at Langelinie sells the City Pass (or any other Klippekort) so you maybe have to walk to Østerport the first time and buy the card.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Langelinie+All%C3%A9,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=%C3%98sterport+st,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.446756,12.166495&sspn=0.237171,0.617294&geocode=FcTkUQMd2kLAACntMywP3VJSRjE_T-yaL8rkaw%3BFdPQUQMdVxjAACndd6q64VJSRjFTBZ7usitaWw&oq=%C3%B8sterport&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=16

Bus 26 stops at Tivoli and you can also take the train between the central station and Østerport and then take bus 26 for the last leg.

The first ship to dock at the new cruise terminal in 2014 is Legend Of The Seas on the 2nd of may, the name is C330.

C177 Nordre Toldbod and 190 Langelinie Pier is also in use.

The only ships that are using the freeport terminal (C254) next year is Eurodam, Ryndam, Seabourn Quest, Marina, Horizon, Seven Seas Voyager, Crystal Symphony, Azamara Journey but they are not using this terminal on all dates.

It depends on what pier you are docked at, langelinie and Nordre Toldbod is located much closer to Tivoli and the downtown area.

From here I would guess around 150-200 DKK and max 10 minutes.

From the Freeport terminal and the new cruise terminal (from next year) around 200-250 DKK and 5 minutes on top of it.

Hello - my family and I will be taking a red eye on May 23rd, arriving early afternoon on the 24th. It will be me, my husband, our daughter and my parents. We are staying at the Tivoli Hotel for one night before the cruise. Do you know if any of the taxi's have car seats and what the approximate cost might be from the airport to the hotel and then the hotel to the pier (starts with an L)? I'm assuming a taxi would be easiest due to the amount of luggage we will all most likely have along with a stroller. Thanks for your help!

I am not sure but contact one of the companies i have listed on the front page.

The price will be around 250-300 DKK from the airport to Tivoli Congress Center and from Tivoli Congress Center to the pier (I´m Guessing Langelinie Pier) probably around 200 DKK

When you have the distance you can calculate the price yourself.

The distance from the airport is between 9,3 and 12,1 kilometres, the longest route being the motorway.

From The Tivoli Congress Center to Langelinie Pier there is 5 km.

http://www.taxinaevn.dk/takster/takster.pdf

From the look of it you need a so called storvogn (big van)

I´m guessing you are at the airport between 07:00 and 16:00 so its takst 4 so the starting fee is 90 DKK (inclusive 3,5 km) and then its 17,35 DKK/km

So its between 190 DKK and 240 DKK from the airport if you calculate in kilometres but the waiting time (traffic lights or jams) is 6,75 DKK/min so it adds up.

We loved our stay at the Hotel Bethel. Wonderful view from our window, great breakfast and ideal location, especially if you like to walk.

Thanks, it looks wonderful in the pictures. We hope to be able to see some of the sights the day we return from our cruise and will be walking around rather than taking an organized tour.

I am not sure but contact one of the companies i have listed on the front page.

The price will be around 250-300 DKK from the airport to Tivoli Congress Center and from Tivoli Congress Center to the pier (I´m Guessing Langelinie Pier) probably around 200 DKK

When you have the distance you can calculate the price yourself.

The distance from the airport is between 9,3 and 12,1 kilometres, the longest route being the motorway.

From The Tivoli Congress Center to Langelinie Pier there is 5 km.

http://www.taxinaevn.dk/takster/takster.pdf

From the look of it you need a so called storvogn (big van)

I´m guessing you are at the airport between 07:00 and 16:00 so its takst 4 so the starting fee is 90 DKK (inclusive 3,5 km) and then its 17,35 DKK/km

So its between 190 DKK and 240 DKK from the airport if you calculate in kilometres but the waiting time (traffic lights or jams) is 6,75 DKK/min so it adds up.

Thanks for the info. I'm used to feet and miles so I'm trying to process this, lol. I'll also have to figure out currency exchange. Doesn't look to be cheap though. Do you know what we would have to do about our daughter and a car seat for a taxi?

@ whynotcruise

Its a shame but luckily its only 25 DKK extra per card if you order it online.

We may have to order the card online. But if for some reason we don't get one online, I'm assuming there are ticket kiosks in the station since the office will be closed when we arrive? BTW, will there limited trains since it's after 11pm? Also, my concern is safety at night ... our hotel is supposed to be 5-10 mins walk from the Central Station.

Thanks for sharing your wealth of information :-)

Trains are departing at 23:02, 23:06 23:14 23:22, 23:34, 23:42 and 23:54 and makes the trip in 14 minutes.

After the 00:22 departure the train goes every 30th minute during the night and

The metro runs all the time but will not run reach the central station before year 2018. :)

If you follow the longer route (only 50 metres longer) you will walk on the main street and not some quiet side street so it should be okay.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=K%C3%B8benhavns+Hovedbaneg%C3%A5rd+Posthus,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Savoy+Hotel,+Vesterbrogade+34,+1620+K%C3%B8benhavn+V&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.673162,12.560034&spn=0.003685,0.009645&sll=55.673215,12.56003&sspn=0.003685,0.009645&geocode=FZh-UQMdgbW_ACG8Pbjhu201oCnh_NMBDVNSRjG8Pbjhu201oA%3BFfF-UQMdtZi_ACmtAfkzC1NSRjGxJ8eFD-TUKQ&oq=k%C3%B8benhavn&t=h&gl=dk&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=17

The DSB ticket office is the train ticket office at the airport so it closes at 23:00 (or 11 PM).

But if you only are planning on using the CPH Card the next day and not as transportation from the airport you can then buy a 3 zone single ticket that costs 36 DKK.

The Copenhagen Card dealerships near your hotel.

Absalon Hotel

Helgolandsgade 15

1653 København V

Comfort Hotel G

Gyldenløvsgade 19

1600 København V

DSB Ticket Office København H (central station)

Bernstorffsgade 16 - 22

1577 København V

Copenhagen Marriott Hotel

Kalvebod Brygge 5

1560 København V

Danhostel Copenhagen City

H.C. Andersens Boulevard 50

1553 København V

DSB Ferierejser

Among others:

DSB Rejsebureau Terminus

Københavns Hovedbanegård

1570 København

DSB Kviksalg (I´m guessing they mean 7-eleven but I´m not sure)

Københavns Hovedbanegård

1570 København V

DSB 7-eleven Vesterport Station

Ved Vesterport

1612 København V

Scandic Hotel Copenhagen

Vester Søgade 6

1601 København V

Scandic Hotel Webers

Vesterbrogade 11B

1620 Købenahvn V

Tivoli Hotel

Arni Magnussons Gade 2

1577 København V

Wonderful Copenhagen Visitors Center

Wonderful Copenhagen Visitors Center

Vesterbrogade 4A

1620 København V

Can someone tell me what flavors of diet soda I would be able to find in Copenhagen? I am diabetic and would like to pick up some sodas to take onboard with me for some variety. I prefer Coke Zero and diet Orange and Grape drinks here at home. We are staying at Hotel Bethel so I will be looking in the stores near there. Thanks in advance.

I have seen Coca Colas light and zero products and Pepsi Max here in Denmark.

And also some local brands like Faxe Kondi Free, that's like a better version of Sprite :cool:

Thanks, I will have to look for the Faxe Kondi Free and the Coke Zero. Good to know I will find something I can drink there. :)

When i say Coca Cola i do of course also mean Fanta and Sprite, i have yet to see other of their brands in the Zero version.

The range of sugar free products are Coca Cola Light (diet Coke), Coca Cola Zero, Fanta Zero and Sprite Zero and Nestea White Peach.

http://www.coca-cola.dk/nordic-corp/da_DK/pages/products/cocacolalight.html?cat=lt

Royal Unibrew makes Faxe Kondi Zero and Pepsi Max

http://www.royalunibrew.com/Default.aspx?areaid=1

Hi

I am flying from amsterdam post cruise with just my five year old to copenhagen. We are staying at the clarion Mayfair in July. We arrive Saturday around 1700 and fly back to amsterdam Monday night at 2200. Besides a boat tour, the zoo, and Tivoli any recommendations with a child that age? We are also going to oslo, stockholm, and helsinki pretrip so we will be gone a long time. Thanks,

Heather

Experimentarium in Tuborg Havn is a fun place for the childrens.

The open air museum in Sorgenfri (if your not visiting the one in Stockholm)

Viking ship museum in Roskilde, they have replicas you can sail on in the Fjord.

The Imax Cinema called Tycho Brahe Planetariet, its just a few 100 metres from Vesterport station.