Wonderful Copenhagen

Hello,

We are coming from the USA and I was wondering what type of adaptor I will need for my electrical appliances? Is it the same one for more of Europe with the two prongs? If not, what do I need to buy?

Thanks

That is two round prongs. :D

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07Jun.0212 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 31 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice. ;)

25th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 Oct. - 16 Oct. 2013, 10 Day Cruise, Quebec City to New York City

26th cruise - Royal Princess, 14 November - 01 December, 2013, Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

27th cruise - Crown Princess, 15 February - 05 April, 2014, South America, FLL - LAX, 49 Days.

Danish Viking, Hoping you can give some input for our trip. Sailing on Emerald Princess 5/12 13. Arriving SAS flight Thursday afternoon, 5/9/13. 2 couples, 1 staying @Radisson Blu Falconer, Falkoner Alle 9 in Federiksburg, other couple staying Sct Thomas, Frederiksburg Alle 7 in Frederiiksburg.Since we have 3 days before boarding sip. I was thinking getting a 72 hr Copenhagen card when we arrive @ Kastrup, taking Metro into Frederiksburg & walking to hotels. Is this reasonable? Not sure which pier Princess is using, but what transit should I use to get to pier from our hotels? Last question ,after debarking the ship on 5/23, is a cab to the airport for 4 make sense or is public transit, time & cost effective.Thanks for all your great info I have learned from your previous posts. Norman

The metro is perfectly fine to use and the airport is the end of the line so you can just go in and grab a seat.

From Frederiksberg you can take bus 18 directly to Nordhavn but you will have a 15 minute walk to the Freeport terminal from there.

Its a weekend so bus 26 will not serve the Freeport area.

A taxi will cost you around 200-250.

But you will be back on a Wednesday so bus 26 will depart from just outside the Freeport terminal every 20th minute.

Here you get of the bus at Østerport stations and take the airport train (not metro) from there.

The ticket out to the airport will cost you 36 DKK each or 144 in total.

A taxi will be in the 400 DKK range.

Hi Danish Viking,

We will be taking the metro from the airport to Nordhavn St. (Freeport cruise pier C245), I can't remember you mentioned that there is a huge constructions going on in which transfer stations, was it the Norroport or the Osterport station, so we can avoid as we will have luggages.

Thanks. We will be in CPH on Aug. 4 and return Aug. 18 for our 2 cruises.

@ nsw104

Most places accept cards without chips, the most important thing is the PIN code.

My Visa card is without any chips and I have no problems using it.

@ PC168

Its Nørreport, but if you take the metro you can´t avoid Nørreport.

Take the airport train towards Nivå or Helsingør and get off at Østerport instead.

From here you can take any northbound S-trains (towards Farum, Holte, Hillerød or Klampenborg) and take it one stop to Nordhavn station.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Nordhavn+st,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Orientkaj,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.708267,12.596512&spn=0.007362,0.01929&sll=55.70811,12.594967&sspn=0.007362,0.01929&geocode=FRAAUgMdFR7AACkNFsfZ7lJSRjGbh0DwCZFRdw%3BFX8SUgMdSEPAACkdaQn26lJSRjFoIC8HvzE4tA&oq=nordhavn&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=16

This is a remarkable thread ... thank you for beginning it. I don't have the time to read through it right now, but will certainly do so.

We'll be cruising from Copenhagen in early September ... weather seems to be on the cool side (for us in Texas) with a less-than-average chance of precipitation. We survived Alaska in late August, so this shouldn't be insurmountable.

Our plans are to arrive two days before the cruise (actually a day-and-a-half), then recuperate from the 13-hour flight, and be ready for a full day of enjoyment before the cruise. Our accommodations will be at the Crown Plaza Copenhagen Tower. We're fans of the hop-on, hop-off variety of sightseeing (we had an incredible time in Dubai), and notice that there are several operators ... heard some pretty bad things about the "green" line, so can you suggest one that will let us explore the city without concern about whether a bus will show up?

We'll be eating and shopping here and there, and wonder whether it would be feasible to convert some USD's to DKK's ... have no clue how much we'd need. Our credit card does not charge a currency conversion fee, but I'm assuming that some of the small eateries won't take it.

We'll be spending another day in Copenhagen when we return, and would like to take in Tivoli Gardens. Is it more economical to purchase tickets in advance? Is there anything else in that general area to see?

Any input will be genuinely appreciated.

Al

Stromma is the biggest operator in Copenhagen so they should be reliable.

http://www.stromma.dk/en/Home/

A dinner should be around 150-250 DKK pr person and cheaper if you take the lunch offers (normally before 16:00 or 17:00)

Copenhagen is very tourist friendly so I think that the restaurants accept most cards.

Ticket prices to Tivoli are the same online and at the gates.

Stromma is the biggest operator in Copenhagen so they should be reliable.

http://www.stromma.dk/en/Home/

A dinner should be around 150-250 DKK pr person and cheaper if you take the lunch offers (normally before 16:00 or 17:00)

Copenhagen is very tourist friendly so I think that the restaurants accept most cards.

Ticket prices to Tivoli are the same online and at the gates.

Many thanks for the information ... Stromma it is! I like the idea of using my credit card around the city, especially since there is no charge for currency conversion.

We'll be staying at the Bel Air Hotel near the airport. They have an advanced-booking discount, and breakfast is included. Most reviews are favorable, and the complaints are largely picayune. It should serve our needs well. Public transportation is right at the door, so we should be fine getting to and from our destinations. How do we pay the fares? The hotel will convert USD to DKK ... probably not the best rate, but for the small amount involved I think we'll be OK.

In this day and age, I found the airfare quite reasonable ... we'll be flying SAS, so we should have a taste of Denmark before we even arrive.

Again, your input here is very much appreciated.

Al

Danish Viking,

Well, you knew there would be another question from me, right? :D

Throwing some math at you....

We (2 people) anticipate only using public transportation twice....A bus ride on Number 26 from Langelini pier to Central Station and a harbor bus ride from Knippelsbro to Norde Toldbod. One day in port in August.

Current prices on movia.dk indicate a single ticket purchased from driver is 24DKK per person...so 48DKK total per person for the day. City Pass is 75DKK per person.

I'm thinking single tickets, yes? Or am I missing / misreading something on the movia.dk site or an advantage to having the City Pass?

Thank you again for your guidance!

Melissa

@ jewopaho

You can walk to Tårnby Station in 10-15 minutes time

Bus 36 will go directly from your hotel and to the airport or Tårnby station where you can catch the train to Copenhagen.

The busstop you gonna use is Tårnby Plejehjem and on this schedule its 4 minutes before Tårnby st. when coming from the airport.

So if the bus is at the station at 26 or 56 it will be at your busstop at 22 or 52.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/36-0036-091212.pdf

You can pay for a single ticket at the bus driver but in order to get to central Copenhagen you will have tom pay for 3 zones and that is 36 DKK and the ticket is valid in just 1 hour.

A City Pass cost 75 DKK and is valid for 24 hours and covers zone 1,2,3 and 4 so the airport is covered in this card.

There is also a 72 hour ticket that costs 190 DKK

The 24 hour transportation ticket costs 130 DKK and covers transportation in all zones in the greater Copenhagen area including Roskilde, Hillerød Køge and Helsingør

The Copenhagen Card also covers transportation in the same area and costs 274 for the 24 hour card, 504 for the 72 hour card and 724 for the 120 hour card.

It also covers entrance to around 65 museums and attractions and reduced entrance to the other places not covered.

@ JeffandMelissa

In your case two single ticket would be enough because a klippekort or citypass would be to expensive.

Thanks for the suggestions! We are doing the Viking ship museum in Stockholm

And the open air museum there. Experium sounds great is it?

I don´t think tere is a Vikingship museum in Stockholm. If it´s the Wasa you referring to, it´s a different story. But very exciting aswell!

The Roskilde Vikingship experience is something not to be missed; it´s a working museum where longships are made by hand in small workshops, alongside the "real deal" exhibited the Vikingship hall.

2 more questions:

1) Departing flights seem to be either at 6/7 am or noon. Is there enough time to disembark from the boat and get to the airport without feeling rushed?

2) The Roskilde Vikingship museum. How far away from the Tivoli area of Copenhagen. I can't seem to find a good map on their website.

What time can you leave the ship ?, i would recommend you to be at the airport around 45-60 minutes before departure and if its a transatlantic 2-3 hours before.

Departures from Copenhagen central station to Roskilde goes at

XX:00 Intercity train towards Aalborg and then bus 203 Towards Veddelev at XX:27

XX:06 Regional train towards Holbæk

XX:13 Regional train towards Nykøbing F

XX:17 Regional train towards Ringsted

XX:28 Intercity train towards Esbjerg and Sønderborg/Flensburg and then bus 206 Towards Veddelev at XX:57

XX:36 Regional train towards Kalundborg.

The other connections shows a 1,7 kilometres walking trip from the station to Vikingeskibsmuseet of 20 minutes, but taxis are always available at Roskilde Station.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Roskilde+Station,+Roskilde&daddr=Vikingeskibsmuseet,+Roskilde&hl=da&sll=55.446756,12.166495&sspn=0.237171,0.617294&geocode=FYH8UAMdUHa4ACE4HBbgrSFHjCnvR1e-xV9SRjE4HBbgrSFHjA%3BFc0pUQMdGFm4ACEg3HmeQShpiCkbJAFy019SRjEg3HmeQShpiA&oq=viki&t=h&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&z=15

The ticket you need is a 8 zone ticket that cost 96 DKK but are only a oneway ticket.

But its cheaper for you to buy a 24 hour ticket that cost 130 DKK, a saving of 62 DKK.

Here it is on a map

http://maps.google.dk/maps?q=Vikingeskibsmuseet,+Roskilde&hl=da&ll=55.650474,12.082214&spn=0.47189,1.234589&sll=55.446756,12.166495&sspn=0.237171,0.617294&oq=vikinges&t=h&hq=Vikingeskibsmuseet,+Roskilde&z=10

@ jewopaho

@ JeffandMelissa

In your case two single ticket would be enough because a klippekort or citypass would be to expensive.

Danish Viking,

Thank you again for your help. Have a great weekend! (Hope this one will be less hectic than your last one with that tournament going on!)

Melissa

What time can you leave the ship ?, i would recommend you to be at the airport around 45-60 minutes before departure and if its a transatlantic 2-3 hours before.

That is what I'm unsure about - disembarking. We would be flying to the US so we would probably need to be there 3 hours before. Hmm so if the ship is cleared we would have the be in the first group to get off to make it. I'll have to think about what to do. Gosh darn we might have to spend another night in Copenhagen!

Hi:

We are staying in Copenhagen at Hotel Ansgar (which I believe is near Tivoli Garden).

Could you possibly provide some suggested methods of transportation to get from the hotel to the port to meet our cruise ship.

Could you possibly provide some suggested methods of transportation to get from the port to the airport when our cruise ends.

Right now we have 4 in our party.

Thank you very much,

Wendy

@ Melissa

After a week of vacation I am ready to do some travelling myself, I´m am going to Frankfurt tomorrow and later on Berlin.

I do probably not have to say this but I´m going to see two almost sold out soccer games, tomorrow its Eintract Frankfurt at home against FC Nürnberg

After a 4,5 hour trip on first class on board the german high speed train ICE I´m in Berlin where we gonna see the Berlin Derby between Hertha Berlin and Union Berlin on a sold out Olympiastadion (the very same stadium the ****´s build for the 1936 olympics game).

So to all of you, no updates from me until Tuesday :D

@ blonde1981

A extra night in Copenhagen, sounds wonderful. ;)

@ Busyma

Not to ruin your plans but a few metres from your hotel hotel you will find your very own Metro station construction site. :D

I have located it on this map.

http://map.krak.dk/m/n0Xq1

The train ticket costs the same even if you change your hotel but i need to have the date for when you will have to get to and from the ship and also pier name or ships name.