Wonderful Copenhagen

If anyone is booked at hotel Absalon I can gladly tell that it closed down on October for a heavy renovation and will open again in May.

The owner will invest 80 million dkk (around 16 million usd) and there will be 30 rooms less because they will make more suites.

As your guys probably know Bella Sky and Marriott is now under same ownership.

This also goes for Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers and they have together with AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen (or what the name was) purchased a tourist bus that will be used as a shuttle bus that will go between the airport, Crowne Plaza and Bella Sky.

Its a 50 seater MAN tourist bus and it will depart every 30th minute and every 20th minute in the "rush hour".

The article doesn't mention the price but the hotel owner talk about good service for the customers so perhaps its free.

But I can't figure out how they will be back at the airport in 30 minutes, perhaps they keep their Mercedes Sprinter minibusses.

Edited by Danish viking

• 1 year later...

Hello, we will be disembarking from Oceania's Marina on August 25, 16 from Oceankaj C330. Our hotel for a post cruise stay is Best Western Hotel City. We will have too much luggage to manage so I would like to arrange for a transfer that will take a credit card. Can I get a recommendation on who to contact ? Thank you Virginia

Hello, we will be disembarking from Oceania's Marina on August 25, 16 from Oceankaj C330. Our hotel for a post cruise stay is Best Western Hotel City. We will have too much luggage to manage so I would like to arrange for a transfer that will take a credit card. Can I get a recommendation on who to contact ? Thank you Virginia

We stayed at Best Western City last July post cruise. When we needed a taxi, the hotel ordered one for us via some sort of connection. It was not a phone; it was a dedicated device between the hotel and the taxi company. I recommend you email the hotel and ask them if they could order a taxi for you for the trip between the pier and the hotel.

Hello Danish Viking,

Well it has been awhile and I told my husband about all the answers you passed on. Now I have a plan in place.

Arrive at 7:00 AM Copenhagen (our body clock will be about 2:00AM). We have a room at the Radisson Blu Royal but know this will not be ready until later in the day. Princess claims to have a desk at this hotel so the plan is we drop our bags first.

Then find a canal tour either from information here or the hotel. How far would the tours for this be from this hotel? Hope this takes care of some time. Then grab lunch and maybe they will have our room ready. Last time we went to Copenhagen we waited 4 hours in the lobby for our room. Not this time we have traveled more since then.

Once room is ready rest for a few hours then off to Tivoli Garden as this is the only other site we missed the first visit. I understand this is across from the hotel and they take credit cards for tickets to enter. We are not big fans of rides so hope to just wing this, but I am a huge foodie and want to have a taste of locale items (including local beer). Do you have any favorites I should try?

Well do you think I have a doable plan? We can sleep in on Sunday and if transfer is to late in the day for us may just grab a cab. Sunday's plans are in the air so may just see Princess Rep. if we (my husband) sleep in. I will as always be up early and may go for a walk when it is light out. I assume this area is safe for an older woman to walk alone on a Sunday morning, only in the square area that is.

Thanks as always for you input, Laura

Edited by latebloomer56
spelling

As your guys probably know Bella Sky and Marriott is now under same ownership.

This also goes for Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers and they have together with AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen (or what the name was) purchased a tourist bus that will be used as a shuttle bus that will go between the airport, Crowne Plaza and Bella Sky.

Its a 50 seater MAN tourist bus and it will depart every 30th minute and every 20th minute in the "rush hour".

The article doesn't mention the price but the hotel owner talk about good service for the customers so perhaps its free.

But I can't figure out how they will be back at the airport in 30 minutes, perhaps they keep their Mercedes Sprinter minibusses.

According to the hotel directly, it was free now only 2E each, we are wait listed for 1st night but are staying there for 2nd & 3rd nights. Wondering if cabs any other currencies or cc?