Mariner Question

Fouremco

Mariner status is acquired at the conclusion of your first cruise. If that cruise is the first leg of a b2b, are you considered a Mariner for the second leg? Can you eat lunch in the MDR on embarkation day for the second leg or are you obliged to eat in the Lido?

Mike

Yes and yes. The only exception would be if you have already sailed on any other lines, that is under the Carnival umbrella. Then you come on with '1' star status, so you can eat at the mariners embarkation lunch. Or if your traveling with someone who has 'star' status.

Hope that is not to confusing.

I booked online so I will inform them of the number...if I can find it. :-)

Don't worry about finding it - call Princess or email them and get your Captain's Circle number ( I think that's still what it is with Princesss) and then just let HAl know - you can email or call them.:D

hope this helps a bit and welcome to the HAL board:):)

Shortly after booking my upcoming first HAL cruise, I checked online just for fun and discovered I had a Mariner number. I called and discovered they already knew about my 2004 Carnival cruise. They also said I was a one star Mariner and entitled to the embarkation lunch and the Mariner brunch.

So if you've taken a cruise in the past on the sister lines, try out the HAL Mariner Number Lookup and you too might be surprised! (All you need to fill in is your name, birth date, and zip code. Kind of scary in a way...)

On my December cruise on Westerdam, we went to the Mariner's lunch. I am three star and my GF had been on Carnival before. We also had her daughter and friend with us, in a separate cabin who were on their first cruise ever. I was unsure if they would be allowed in or not. If not, we would have ate elsewhere. We were seated and were never asked for a sea card or any other questions. The dining room was not crowded at all.

If your cruise on Carnival was more than 20 years ago, you might have trouble. I had to send Carnival photos of me from my 1988 cruise in order to get past passenger status on another Carnival cruise last year. I was told that they had lost records of cruises that had taken place before the early 1990s.

Archived