How many blankets on the bed

boa toting mama

How many blankets are on the bed on the ships? (Specifically we're sailing on the Liberty in March).

I am very cold when I sleep, even in mid-summer. Is it simple to ask for extra blankets? I often have 4-6 blankets on our bed. Hubby only has less than half that many on his side. I just fold blankets in half and put extra on my side.

I can't remember for sure. But I bet it wouldn't be a problem to request more from your room steward.

Great! I'm very excited for our cruise, but in addition to the warmth, I sleep with extra blankets for the weight.

I often kick the extras off in the night but I fall asleep under several blankets. It's nice to know I'll likely just be able to ask and get them.

If I remember correctly if there is a sofa bed in your cabin, there will be extra blankets in either a drawer under the sofa or in the closet for that bed.

I have read on here that some people ask for extra pillows from their room steward so I'm sure they will have extra blankets too.

If I remember correctly if there is a sofa bed in your cabin, there will be extra blankets in either a drawer under the sofa or in the closet for that bed.

I have read on here that some people ask for extra pillows from their room steward so I'm sure they will have extra blankets too.

Thanks! That will be perfect.

I sleep with extra blankets for the weight. I often kick the extras off in the night but I fall asleep under several blankets.

Have you heard of a weighted blanket? It's supposed to be great for a sound sleep. They say the optimum blanket is 10% of your body weight, so if you are 150 lbs you'd buy a 15 lb blanky. They are spendy though. Google it.....:)

My daughter sleeps with a weighted blanket. I remember taking it with us on several cruises. After 911 it was truely a hassle to travel with as hers was made with small BB Pellets. Some I have seen are made with treated beans or rice but I knew someone that invested in one of those and it couldnt be washed and also smelled funky after a month. You could contact your local school special ed department and see if there is anyone locally that makes them. Also can order on-line but then they get pricey but well worth it...I'm sure your room steward will take good care of you with an extra blanket. :) Stay Warm!!!:D

How many blankets are on the bed on the ships? (Specifically we're sailing on the Liberty in March).

I am very cold when I sleep, even in mid-summer. Is it simple to ask for extra blankets? I often have 4-6 blankets on our bed. Hubby only has less than half that many on his side. I just fold blankets in half and put extra on my side.

LOL this sounds like my twin! I sleep with a sheet, a vellux blanket, a heavy comforter, and a down comforter on top of it all :eek: Plus I wear sweats to bed! I am always so cold!

I think there is just a light sheet on the bed. As soon as I enter the cabin, I turn up the heat! DH yells at me, but I can't help it. :o

I think I am also going to ask for blankets. I can't stand to be cold.

Also - warning - take sweaters for public spaces on ship. I am not kidding you, one night we went to the comedy club and it was so cold in the lounge on deck 5, you could have taken a gallon container of ice cream and it would not melt! :eek:

Although it's not very "romantic", instead of adding extra blankets, you could wear some flannel jammies or a sweat suit to bed. :rolleyes:

Yes, that's good option and yes, though not romantic, my flannel jammies will be going on the cruise. I usually sleep with those and 4-7 blankets on the bed, down to 3-5 blankets in the summer of Colorado. I'm one of those frozen hands / frozen feet types even when it's very warm outside.

Have you heard of a weighted blanket? It's supposed to be great for a sound sleep. They say the optimum blanket is 10% of your body weight, so if you are 150 lbs you'd buy a 15 lb blanky. They are spendy though. Google it.....:)

They're great, I don't have one, but I'm a special ed teacher and I've seen them used/used them with some kids who find them invaluable at school (the small sizes). You're right, they are spendy!

Archived