New York Newbie

willpickup

I'd cancel as well. I had a good experience with trinity. There is some religious affiliation there - in their emails they say "have a blessed day". The Ramada at $117 tax included is a budget choice. I stayed there when it was a Holiday Inn. It's located in an isolated area just off exit 14 with the Doubletree and a prison. IMO this is good for leaving your car. The Ramada has a restaurant (expensive) and a popular sports bar (Teddy's) and a pick up cafe.

The main problem with the Ramada is that it can be hard to find. You need to print out directions and follow them exactly. If you come off the turnpike at exit 14, you need to get on I78 LOCAL (on the right I think) and take the very first exit which is Frontage Road. I believe you make a left, go past the Doubletree, and the Ramada is the next property.

Buy reservations has the Elizabeth Courtyard, which is next door to Country Inns and is also very popular with cruisers. I'd go with either of these properties.

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn located in Secaucus/Meadowlands and you can park your car free of charge in their secure garage. Car service is $70 including tip to go to pier. Bus stop out front to go to Manhattan. 15 minute ride

Archived