Your own itinerary

palladian

I could be out of date, but IIRC tailormade dates are available only close to departure (90 days ahead?), so that available space goes first to those taking the conventional start and finish dates (i.e. minimising vacancies); you pay undiscounted top dollar; it is cruise only; and there is an additional challenge in finding space on the WC. Good luck!

I suggest you contact Silversea directly, Palladian, to learn how this works and see if it meets your needs. Best to get this kind of info direct from them right at the outset. You (or your travel agent) can call their Ft. Lauderdale office at 800-722-9955 and they'll be glad to explain everything you need to know. Hope it works out for you.

My TA inquired for me and was told that they are NOT going to break the 2014 world cruise into segments. I find that pretty hard to believe as I doubt they can fill the ship with those doing the whole world cruise and especially considering they are now offering smaller segments of other cruises. But that is what she was told very emphatically.

I agree. If they don't break the WC into segments they'll be sailing a ghost ship.

Not breaking the WC, but breaking much shorter voyages is just plain stupid.

So who is coming up with these stupid ideas?:eek:

Cheers

Jennifer

I agree. If they don't break the WC into segments they'll be sailing a ghost ship.

Super cute phrase of a potential to be "sailing a ghost ship". Also, true!! Agree with Jennifer and others that they will need to break things up into parts. Too many other lines offers such World Cruises and not that many people with that large, large size of cash to put down for that long of a cruise.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 93,316 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Alas they have broken it down to segments in the new brochure lust out:)

Considering they told RachelG's travel agent that they were not going to do, what they obviously had plans to do (since a brochure had been sent to a printer), is really, really bad form IMHO.

My TA inquired for me and was told that they are NOT going to break the 2014 world cruise into segments. I find that pretty hard to believe as I doubt they can fill the ship with those doing the whole world cruise and especially considering they are now offering smaller segments of other cruises. But that is what she was told very emphatically.

Archived