Ft. Lauderdale - 11:30 a.m Flight?

doone

Just wondering what everyone's experience is with an early flight like 11:30 a.m. out of Ft. Lauderdale? I have always made my 12:30 pm flight into Boston, but would like to use another airport in Connecticut, which would leave Ft. Lauderdale at 11:30 a.m. What's everyone's experience with 11:15 a.m. - 12 noon flights??????

That is fine. Let the cruiseline know you have an early flight and grab a taxi to the airport. Ours was at 12 and we were at the airport at 9:15... [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Zurmolly, I live right outside of Worcester, a little distance from you. Your the one who was on our Baltic's cruise, am I right?

So do you think I would be ok with that 11:30 a.m. flight??? Some have said they were ok when they did it, but I know it will be just my luck that the ship is late coming in, or someone doesn't report when they are supposed to, something like that. I am going to think a little more on this, I still have some time.

Thanks so much for your experience, anyone else?????

No, no Baltic cruise for us. I would not worry about the flight. The airport is about 10 minutes from port and there are plenty of taxi's out front... [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Yes, the 11:30 flight should be no problem. We made it to the airport by 10:30 and that was even with the passengers who did not show up for customs on board for a good 1/2 hour. Of course, this was on a day when only 2 ships were in Port Everglades, it could be a bit worse if during the winter months when there's an armada of cruise ships in port.

RCCL's Sovereign of the Seas /1990 / Eastern Caribbean
HAL's Rotterdam V / 1993 /Alaska
Princess' Royal Princess/ 1998 / Baltic Sea
Celebrity's Century / August 2003 / Eastern Caribbean
Celebrity's Mercury / 11/26/04 / Mexican Riviera -Honeymoon Cruise

• 2 weeks later...
Well I have found an 11:15 a.m. flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. This is a Wednesday, I am going to chance it and take this flight. If worse comes to worse, I spend another night in Ft. Lauderdale. I do have to confess, I am a bit nervous, anyone else make and 11:15 a.m. flight????????????????

Just this last Feb. we were on the Coral and we had a 12:05 p.m. out of FLL and did make it. The only problem was when we got to the airport there was such long lines to go through customs you would not believe. We were starting to sweat it out but made it in time. Found out later there were a multiple ships in port and it got quite hairy. I think the next time we go we know that there is a flight out at 2:00 p.m. I think that one will save my sanity. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Marilyn

Don't you mean security at the airport, not customs?

We will be disembarking on a Wednesday, so hopefully the airport won't be as busy as a Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks for your experience. Last month, we were at the airport at 9:45 a.m.

I am taking it that your cruise is from FLL. If this is the case go to the pursers office the night before and ask for early off tags. If you are in the first off then you should make this with no problem.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

Serene, thanks, I appreciate that and yes, I will do that. This year we had a 12:30 pm flight out of Ft. Lauderdale, were the 4th group off the ship and still made it to the airport by 9:45 a.m., so I think we'll be fine. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

We sailed the Voyager out of Miami and took flights out of FLL. We were the last people off the ship (literally) it was nice. Got off the ship by 10:30 and we were at the FLL airport by 11:15. We booked a flight for 2:30. Arghhh the waiting.
Now I have a few cruises under my belt and even though cruiselines say dont book flights before 1....it depends on the airport. FLL is a nice pace. Not rush rush like Miami.

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

Archived