price wars?

zazzy

anyone know if the airlines will be having any price wars any time soon? I am looking for a flight from us to greece and home from rome. cheapest i can get right now is $1022. not sure if i should book now or wait.

zazzy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;08;30;20;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100  until our virgin cruise

I don't think you will be seeing any "price wars". Airlines are still hurting and fuel prices are skyrocketing. More people are starting to travel again, so airlines will probably start inching their fares upward.

You don't say when you are traveling...(138 days...) but summer fares are usually a bit higher - families and college kids traveling. You may find some sales, keep watching web sites, and also individual airline web sites. Also ask a good travel agent to watch for you (but don't only do that). I work for an airlines, and I still never know!! Good Luck!

Celebrity Century-eastern carribean-2001 icon_smile.gif

Celebrity Constellation-2002icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Princess Coral-Panama Canal-Dec 2003 icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Golden Princess-Southern Exotic Caribbean-Oct. 2004

It just keeps getting better

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;24;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 3 weeks later...

Have you considered a RT ticket to Rome--and using europebyair.com for the flight from Rome to Athens? The one way flight is only $99 (plus some taxes, but it must be booked before you leave home and is available to non-europeans only). Not sure of your flight dates, summer is always more expensive, but a RT ticket is usually cheaper than an open-jaw one. Good luck!

Archived