Does Chankanaab have a beach?

arkjeweler

I was just there in Nov 2012. Yes, they have a beach with a bar/restaurant. Nice white sand beach. The snorkeling is not as good as it use to be from shore but you still can.

I've heard and read all about the Dolphins and other things but have not seen anything on a beach.

It's not like a typical beach that gently slopes into the water, however! It actually ends and then there is a very tiny cliff-lick rock edge that has stairs leading to the snorkeling area. There is a pool as well though! Hope this helps :)

Everything you ever wanted to know and see about Chankanaab you will find in several of my reviews. We loved it so much here that we went twice in 6 months.

Here are both of my reviews of just Chankanaab itself with a link to additional pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...0&postcount=59

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...7&postcount=65

Everything you ever wanted to know and see about Chankanaab you will find in several of my reviews. We loved it so much here that we went twice in 6 months.

Here are both of my reviews of just Chankanaab itself with a link to additional pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...0&postcount=59

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...7&postcount=65

I saw that you took pictures of your dolphin encounter...you were allowed to bring your camera? Some people say you can, some people say you can (as long as its waterproof). I'm booked for the manatee swim and am so excited but will NEVER be able to pay $100 for a disc of pictures.

I saw that you took pictures of your dolphin encounter...you were allowed to bring your camera? Some people say you can, some people say you can (as long as its waterproof). I'm booked for the manatee swim and am so excited but will NEVER be able to pay $100 for a disc of pictures.

We did the swim in September 2011 (gosh it doesn't seem that long ago, but a little over a year now wow) and my oldest daughter did it last year in March. You were allowed to bring your own camera at that time. However, they have changed the rules and no longer allow you to bring any camera to the swims with you. :( I guess it's all about trying to make the money and I do suppose they were loosing a lot of it from people not purchasing their CD's and just using their own cameras.

We did the swim in September 2011 (gosh it doesn't seem that long ago, but a little over a year now wow) and my oldest daughter did it last year in March. You were allowed to bring your own camera at that time. However, they have changed the rules and no longer allow you to bring any camera to the swims with you. :( I guess it's all about trying to make the money and I do suppose they were loosing a lot of it from people not purchasing their CD's and just using their own cameras.

Man that sucks! Imma turn some tricks so I can afford the pictures. I'm kidding (in case anyone thought I was remotely serious).

Archived