Bringing soda on the Oasis

We called before our January 12th cruise and RC told us it was not allowed.

There is soda in the stateroom refrigerator, which I find convenient (like any mini-fridge in rooms, you have to pay for anything you consume) - however, now that I am off caffeine and still wanting to drink diet soda, not being able to bring my own soda on board is annoying. (Did you ever try to get caffeine-free diet coke/pepsi? Almost impossible in most restaurants/bars/cruiseships)

We called before our January 12th cruise and RC told us it was not allowed.

There is soda in the stateroom refrigerator, which I find convenient (like any mini-fridge in rooms, you have to pay for anything you consume) - however, now that I am off caffeine and still wanting to drink diet soda, not being able to bring my own soda on board is annoying. (Did you ever try to get caffeine-free diet coke/pepsi? Almost impossible in most restaurants/bars/cruiseships)

If you ask them they will say no. However, for the Oasis you should have no problem bringing on soda... They are mainly worried about alcohol smugglers not soda and water!

We bring a case of water and a few cans of soda with us on every cruise out of port everglades and have never had it taken away. They have to tell you no, if you call, b/c that is the written policy. Actually it was on the Oasis that I saw two big guys carry a 24 case of Coke on their shoulders when they boarded. I normally put a tag on it and it shows up at my cabin.

We sail out of Port Everglades and I always carry on a 12 pack of Pepsi, NO PROBLEMS. I then buy more in one of the ports and carry that on, NO PROBLEM. Im don't suggest sending it thru with your luggage, did that once and some of the cans were dented and had a hard time opening the pop top.

I've never had an issue taking on a 12-pack of soda.

Hubby is a Mountain Dew freak and believe me - you definitely aren't going to find that on any ship!

We usually leave a little space for a fridge pack in whatever carry on bag we have, so we don't have to cart it around while waiting for the cabins to open. We buy the sodas once we arrive at the port city.

We'll be doing it again before boarding Oasis later this year.

Ann

Wish I had known they were lenient about soda, but to tell the truth, I found other things to drink - wine, beer, fruity concoctions with a little kick ... :D

I've come to realize I gave up caffeine and started drinking more alcohol.....

What's wrong with this picture???? :eek:

Archived