Taxi from LAX to Long Beach port

C&F

Greetings. Does anyone know how much it costs for a taxi from LAX to the port at Long Beach? Also, what is the best option after the cruise: Taxi, Carnival Shuttle, or private shuttle. I have a 12:45pm flight out of LAX and I am looking for the quickest way to the airport.

Thanks,

C

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

7/18 Carnival Pride

Do a search for Los Angeles Airport, you will find a ground transportation link. I would go with a shuttle if I were you, probably less $ and you don't have to wait for a bus to fill up. A taxi might work if you can get one for a flat rate. The ride to and from the terminal will be 20-45 minutes, depending on traffic.

If you can come in a day early, stay the night on the Queen Mary, you will be right there at the port and I think you can check onto the boat at the hotel. The have a great Sunday Brunch, it would be a wonderful way to start your cruise vacation.

Have a great cruise!

Kathy

Thanks for the advice. We are actually flying in 3 days early and will be staying in the LA area, but we didn't really know about the Queen Mary until after we got our rooms on Priceline, but we will do the early check in and brunch.

Thanks again,

C

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

7/18 Carnival Pride

Taxi will run close to $50. If you have more than 2 people that would be the cheapest. There are two main shuttle services that go out of LAX. They both run around $20 per person. One is Super Shuttle and I can't remember the other, but I have used both. Go to LAX airport home page and you can get all the info there.I see you are from NY. Maybee you can help. I am taking a Bermuda cruise May 15 out of Bayonne, NJ. I am flying into LGA. I am looking for inexpensive ground transportation from LGA to the Cape Liberty cruise port in Bayonne. Appreciate any help.

ENILK

Have to talk to you..

Hope that you check back on this board.

Its about airline leaving San Juan at 10:00

You was saying that you was at the airport at 8:30.. I need help..

NEED YOU.. How did you do it???

LINDA LOVES TO CRUISE

WOULD LIKE TO DO MORE

DESTINY 9/26/04

NAVIGATOR of THE SEAS 9/20/03

SOVEREIGN of The Seas 10/1994

• 2 weeks later...

If you aqre flying into LAX from New York JFK, Check Jet Blue they have a direct flight to Long Beach airport from JFK, and they are by far the most economical direct flight. You will then find it is a much shorter journey to the ship.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by enilk:

I see you are from NY. Maybee you can help. I am taking a Bermuda cruise May 15 out of Bayonne, NJ. I am flying into LGA. I am looking for inexpensive ground transportation from LGA to the Cape Liberty cruise port in Bayonne. Appreciate any help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Enlik:

If your flight arangements are not SOLID I higly suggest Newark airport. It is MUCH Closer and you wont have to go through Manhattan or Manhattan traffic to get to your destination.

If you are allready set in your flight plans, I would suggest a cab, there are other ways, I believe there is a manhattan ferry to the Bayonne port, you could take the shuttle bus that runs from LGA to Penn station, take the subway to the ferry, and take the ferry to Bayonne, But forking up the extra 40-50$ to just take a cab there would be the easiest.

PS Laguardia airport is NOTORIOUS for weather delays, and just delays in general, I fly through LGA at least 2X per month and I hate it. If you are flying in during rush hour, expect traffic on the roads, and the runways. Rush hour Being 7 Am to 9Am, or 3 PM to 9 PM, Allow yourself at least 5-6 hours to get to the ship after landing. If all goes smooth It would take 2 hours to get to the port But Nothing ever goes right. Again I HIGHLY advise Newark Airport.

Archived