Attend muster drill on 2nd week of B2B?

dad2kids

We are going on our first B2B in a couple weeks on the Carnival Glory and have gotten a lot of great information about what to expect on the "turnaround" day from all of you who have done this. We are lucky enough to not have to change rooms and are looking forward to enjoying a cocktail as everyone boards. :cool:

One thing we don't know is if we will be required to attend the Muster Drill on week 2 since we will have done it on week 1. I am presuming that we will, but maybe someone knows for sure. Thanks!

We are going on our first B2B in a couple weeks on the Carnival Glory and have gotten a lot of great information about what to expect on the "turnaround" day from all of you who have done this. We are lucky enough to not have to change rooms and are looking forward to enjoying a cocktail as everyone boards. :cool:

One thing we don't know is if we will be required to attend the Muster Drill on week 2 since we will have done it on week 1. I am presuming that we will, but maybe someone knows for sure. Thanks!

yes you will!:)

I don't see any reason why you would need to do it again.

It's not like they will change the station on you.

But then again basic common sense has been eroding away for some time now..

If they try to make you go, you should hide in the bathroom like someone once mentioned they did....

If they try to make you go, you should hide in the bathroom like someone once mentioned they did....

I like this answer the best but it looks like we will have to attend ;)

The last time we did a back-to-back, our room steward told us we could just stay in our cabin for the 2nd muster drill. We did not ask, he approached us.

That's how it's worked for me on my B2B's, but maybe they are more strict after the whole Concordia thing. You'll have to let us know when you get back.

Yes you are required to go even though you already went to the drill on your first leg of the b2b. On that note, on my wife and I's last b2b we didn't go the 2nd time. Although our stateroom attendant knew we would be staying in the same room for the 2nd cruise they still check your room.

So how do you avoid having to go the the drill. Hide under the bed. Yep, that's what we did :D It was quite funny cause while under the bed we heard them knock on the door, open the door, take a few steps in (I guess to check the bathroom), then the door close.

Now I'm not condoning do this, but if you do hide in the room wait a few min after the drill is over. Don't just walk out your room right when its over like we did. We walked out the room and there were only crew and they all looked at us. All we could do is laugh because we knew we were busted when we saw every cabin had a plastic tag in the room key slot showing that each room was empty (see picture). :rolleyes:

DSCN3227.jpg.f1c280e326823415576cde84a9919916.jpg

If they are putting a card in the door indicating the room is vacant, and you were hiding in the room, then to me this is messing with the guys job. Not a good idea IMHO. Additionally, I thought these drills were mandatory. Admittedly doing it twice is annoying, but how much is somebodies life worth?

And why annoy the crew at the beginning of the cruise? Or risk being put off the ship?

Now if a crew member volunteers that you can miss it on a b2b, then that's ok IMHO.

On our most recent cruise, we just stepping into the hallway about to walk down. Our stateroom steward approached us and told us we didn't have to attend because we were repeaters. Other pax overheard this and said "we're repeaters, too!" but ss told them they weren't b2b.

It is mandatory on each cruise and since your cruises are counted sperately you need to go to both. They are not so bad anymore since we don't have to put our jackets on.

So you spend 20 minutes at a lifeboat drill no big deal.

Wow hiding under the bed is rather pathetic

Don't know why you quoted me. I did not suggest hiding under the bed. I said they should go. I have never in 25+ years ever skipped a drill even on b2b's. Hiding under the bed is childish and irresponsible in my books.

So you spend 20 minutes at a lifeboat drill no big deal.

Wow hiding under the bed is rather pathetic

Do you skip it the second time they have one at work, or the kids the second time at school? Have you only performed it once at home?

Everyone must attend. The conditions are different each cruise.

Don't know why you quoted me. I did not suggest hiding under the bed. I said they should go. I have never in 25+ years ever skipped a drill even on b2b's. Hiding under the bed is childish and irresponsible in my books.

My bad. sorry about that.

If you dont attend and do something so childish as to hide in a head, they may just hold the entire muster group until they accounted for.

Maybe a little courtesy would be best as its only 15 minutes of thier time.

AKK

The most annoying thing about the muster drill to me was the fact that they said everything 3x (multiple languages) while we all sat there, so it seemed to take longer while we were crammed in the theatre. However, I realized it was for my own safety, and I went. And had I been fortunate enough to be on a B2B, I would go again. Probably even if the steward told me I didn't have to.

Sure, it's repetitive, but it's only a small slice out of your life and it won't hurt you to hear it again. Especially since what they are saying the whole time is common sense (go to your assigned station, there are enough lifeboats for everyone on board, women and children first, they lifeboats are unsinkable, there is food on board, etc.).

And really, if you feel like you have to hide under a bed, you probably knew that you shouldn't have been in that room. That's just silly.

Do you skip it the second time they have one at work, or the kids the second time at school? Have you only performed it once at home?

Everyone must attend. The conditions are different each cruise.

That is a really good point! I think I will tell my principal that since we've already done fire drills from my classroom we don't need to do them anymore.

I think it is really selfish and childish to skip a procedure that is meant to keep you safe. Makes me wonder if something went wrong who the first people screaming about not getting on the first life boat would be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey we did what so many people always have said they want to do but never did...skip the drill. Hence the reason why this thread exists. Know the whole story before coming up with an opinion. This was the 6th time on the same ship this year. We know so many to the crew by name and more. We were at the same drill just 3 days before. Now anyone saying it was childish or inconvenient doing what we did We Are On Vacation. Lighten up. Anyone pointing fingers at me, there are 3 more pointing at you. Dont tell me you are a perfect lil cuiser thats never broke a rule in your life. Oh btw we also talked to the hotel manager about skipping and he said it was ok but they will still check our room which is why i said u still are required to go. We got an ok from the hotel director.... didn't mention that but people like to put their opinion before knowing the whole story. He told us that our room will still be checked (it may not be our attendant) but just tell them we were on th last cruise. We did what we did for fun.

Archived