Anchorage Wine Store

karpems

Does anyone know of a good wine store in Anchorage to stock up before our cruise? How about the port cities(Ketchikan, Juneau or Skagway)...any good stores for some nice bottles of wine? Also, are the prices comparable to the rest of the US, or is it worth it to bring a couple of bottles on the airplane with us?

Thanks!

We have a chain of liquor stores called Brown Jug and then the local Carrs has it's own store the Oaken Keg and Fred Meyer's has their own too. Plus we have Sam's and Costco and here's a link to a whole list - http://www.thecityofanchorage.com/liquor/

Not sure where you're staying but if you're downtown you'll have to be cabbing it somewhere as there are none downtown.

Basically our prices run on sale the same that my Mom's do in Southern Illinois plus in Anchorage we don't have sales tax.

Susan in Anchorage :)

A few years ago I visited a wonderful wine store in Anchorage called "Downtown Wine and Spirit" on 5th Avenue, right across from the Captain Cook Hotel. I don't know if it is still in business, but it is listed on Susan's "City of Anchorage" link. It would be a very short walk from the Marriott, slightly longer from the Westmark and Hilton, and a bit of a hike from the Sheraton.

No alcohol is sold in grocery stores in Alaska, but most large groceries have an adjacent liquor store.

Have a wonderful cruise.

See people in town just drive bye stuff and don't even notice it :D

I got the phone book out and the Downtown Wine and Spirit store still has an advertisement in the new phone book I just got. I think I know exactly where it is and have gone by it number of times and just didn't realize it. See learn something new every day.

So since I've never been there can't tell you about the prices but if you have a chance to swing by a Brown Jug, they have a weekly advertisement every Wednesday of their specials that run until the next Tuesday.

Karpems, I was in Anchorage last summer and the store that Ardithl mentioned is still there. Its across the street from the Captain Cooks hotel (on the east side). They have a very nice selection of wines and other spirits. The prices were comparable to the states. Have fun. :)

Well the liquor store I was in yesterday in Anchorage had beer too :D

We're a one stop shop when it comes to our alcoholic beverages it's just that it isn't in the grocery store, a separate little store, though all the grocery stores have their own separate little stores. Trust me it's a big industry in this town :D Got to have something to get you through the dark days of winter :eek:

Archived