NCL from Houston flight time questions...

i am bill

If my flight lands at 8:40AM the day of departure is that early enough? Or do I need to fly in the previous night?

If my flight home leaves at 7:02PM the day the cruise is over I assume that is plenty late enough. What about 3:40PM? 1:20?

Also, I am assuming that I want to fly into IAH. Is this correct? What is the easiest way to get to the ship? How much should I expect cab fare to be? Is there a shuttle?

Any other help you can give me?

IAH is about 40 miles from the pier, Hobby would be about 25 miles. There are more flights to and from IAH, unless you plan to fly Southwest. Your 8:40am arrival is plenty early and you could easily make the 1:20pm or 3:40pm flights out. We were on NCL in 99, but we drove to the pier. NCL does have transfers, and that is probably the easiest way. I've seen the cab fare listed somewhere, but don't remember how much. I'll try to find it.

Anything else?

i am bill -

We were on the Sea out of Houston at Christmas - great port to sail from, very convenient for passengers and they are a very small operation. I agree with Ranger on his info. We live in Texas and drove to the pier, but had relatives that flew in - you should allow an hour for travel time from either airport to pier. Also, take NCL's tranfers! It's weird, you can get an NCL bus from Dallas to Houston for $30/pp but transfers from either Houston airport to the pier is $40/pp (as of 12-03). A taxi will cost you in the vacinity of $70 to $75 - the main reason we drove. For either of those prices, we could drive cheaper!

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived