early flight from miami

critter944

We are cruising with Carnival on the Imagination for the first time and we are wondering about how early you can get off the ship. The only flight out of miami for us is at 10:30am, what are the chances of being off the ship by 9am so we have time for security etc at the airport? this will be on Aug 21st, a Sat. Can anyone help us decide what to do, we all have kids and really don't want to spend another night there - ft. lauderdale has a noon flight but that is 40min from our port. HELP

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2003;9;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Enchantment 9/29/03

yuck: you are cruising during hurricane season. The ship pulls in at 8 and needs to be cleared.

Ask for early off tags which will put you in the first group of people off the ship or carry your own luggage off.

Saturday is gonna be a torture with all the cruise ships debarking in Miami on that day. All those people getting to the airport for those early flights. traffic may be more heavier .

Yuck- i wouldnt chance that. Why waste a perfectly great relaxing vcation only to stress about making that flight.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

You asked <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The only flight out of miami for us is at 10:30am, what are the chances of being off the ship by 9am so we have time for security etc at the airport? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My answer, based on Murphy's Law, is slim to none.

What happens if you are late getting back to port? What happens if you don't clear customs fast enough? What happens if you can't find your luggage or get a cab? Who wants all that stress? It would ruin my cruise.

Most airports recommend that you get there at least 90 mins to 2 hours early. For a 10:30 flight, that's 8:30. Under your scenario, you're not even getting off the ship until 9 a.m. Now add traffic to the AP -- 1/2 hour & it's already 9:30. Remember, once you are at the AP, that's not the end of the line -- there are lots more lines: to check in, to go through TSA. Plus, if it's a cruise day Sat. / Sun. the AP is going to be crowded.

If you miss that flight, you & your kids are really going to be miserable. I'd opt for something later in the day, just to be safe.

Trish

I agree with the other posters here. That flight is way too early, especially on a Saturday with all those ships in and everyone trying to make flights. Either stay another day or pick another flight, but I doubt you will make that flight. If you do, it will be by the skin of your teeth.

Archived