buying cigs onboard

jrs7306

We will be on the Pearl in May 2014. Will my DH be able to bring cigars on board? Do they have them available for purchase on board? He was wondering if he could smoke them on the balcony too. Thanks!

You can bring cigars on board. They are available for purchase on the ship. You are not allowed to smoke them on your balcony. There was a cigar lounge on the Dawn that I found very nice.

http://www.ncl.com/faq#smoking

While the cigs on board are cheap, a lot of the ports in the Caribbean had the name brands for $18-$20 per carton. I bought 10 cartons and then realized the last night that customs only allows you to bring one carton per person back into the US. Your also not allowed to bring back any cigs labeled "not for sale in US". All of mine were labeled with this. We stuffed them in all the suit cases anyway and didn't get caught, but my husband almost had heart failure when customs specifically asked us if we had any hidden in our suitcases. I just smiled and said NO.

the cartons which say "not for re-importation into the US" are made in the US to the same standards as those sold in the US. Those you buy in the Carribe that cost less may or may not be made in the US and may be counterfeit. I am surprised if you get stale ones on the ship as the turn over is so great..and I have been on ships that have run out completely

Archived