Atlanta to San Juan - do low fares exist?

Hambone

We want to be on the Serenade of the Seas in February from San Juan... our very first cruise ever!

Airfare right now from Atlanta is around $460... has anyone seen it lower than this or am I going to be out of luck? We'd really like to see it go below $400... do you think I'm out of my mind?

Thanks!

Atlanta will be hard to find cheap airfare - Delta has a good monopoly on that city. Download a thing called Sidestep and keep checking airfares on that and other web sites such as Expedia, etc. Its awfully early to book now for Feb 05, tho; but you can watch and get an idea of wha a "good deal" will be when you see one. Good Luck!

Celebrity Century-eastern carribean-2001 icon_smile.gif

Celebrity Constellation-2002icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Princess Coral-Panama Canal-Dec 2003 icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Golden Princess-Southern Exotic Caribbean-Oct. 2004

It just keeps getting better

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;24;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi Hambone. I live in atlanta and will be sailing the Serenade in Nov. I urge you to wait before booking because i sailed the Adventures of the Seas last Oct. I was also told to wait and i was happy i did because the tickets went to 216.00 roundtrip from Atlanta to San Juan. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

I paid 297 from Chicago to San juan last March on Spirit. There are four of us so we always look for the lowest price if possible. I booked it almost 10 months before the trip. We were on the Serenade, had a great time. Have fun!

reecee76, We also fly out of Atlanta and are hoping to cruise from San Juan next April. Which airline did you book? I looked at Delta and it's close to $700. I'd like to use frequent flier miles, but don't know if that is possible, because it's too soon to check. If I can find a fare for less that $250, I'll save the miles for another trip. Thanks for any information.

I booked through Delta. I registered with Travelocity's Farewatcher. It sends you and email every time the prices goes down. It usually specifies that you have to travel within a certain amount of time or days. So i just kept watching the fares untils my respective dates where available. To do this you have to be flexible on the dates you are willing to travel. I went in a day early and left a day later, which made it a little easier.

Hi, Thanks for the info. We usually try to fly on Delta because of the frequent flyer miles and there are usually more flight choices out of Atlanta. I plan to fly in a day early and for that fare, it would pay for a hotel room if I had to fly home a day later.

I dont agree that it is too soon to book for February 2005. I booked my air to Tampa for a cruise and paid 123pp roundtrip. I dont think I will ever see that price again.

If you see a price that you are comfortable with paying then jump on it.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

You will notice all San Juan airfare is through the roof right now, which is why the cruise prices are to die for. We just switched our itinerary to the eastern because the cruise for me and DH on a balcony was 1300.00 and the airfare was almost the same price!

I love the S. carribean. However, have only been able to sail her 1x due to air ORD-SJU and that trip was a special 10 dayerout of MIA. The air from ORD is more than the cruise. I will have to look into Spirit however.

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69

Rhapsody 2/77?

Azure Sea 3/89

Panama Canal 11/90

Mexican Riviera 3/98

Carnival Triumph 12/99

Carnival Spirit 12/01

NCL Dream 11/17/02

Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03

carnival Victory 3/28/04

Archived