On Board Web Cams

Rprbp24

My husband found a website where several cruise lines have webcams on the ship, so you can see the inside of the ship and what is happening as it is happening. We thought this was a neat idea. Does anyone know why Oceania does not do this?

My husband found a website where several cruise lines have webcams on the ship, so you can see the inside of the ship and what is happening as it is happening. We thought this was a neat idea. Does anyone know why Oceania does not do this?

Oceania used to have webcams on the front of the ships and you could see where the ships were. Just me but I don't want to be viewed on a ship's webcam so I am glad there are none inside the ship.

I wish they'd put a bridge cam on the "O" ships. On Marina, I missed not being able to turn on the TV channel that showed the bridge cam view. When you have an inside cabin, it's a little preview of the outside world!

rprb, I guess we aren't allowed to mention specific web sites, but if your husband finds any Celebrity web cams on that site, could you let me know?

I wish they'd put a bridge cam on the "O" ships. On Marina, I missed not being able to turn on the TV channel that showed the bridge cam view. When you have an inside cabin, it's a little preview of the outside world!

rprb, I guess we aren't allowed to mention specific web sites, but if your husband finds any Celebrity web cams on that site, could you let me know?

No problems with mentioning web sites (except travel agents). You can find most web ams at krooz-cams.com, unfortunately it looks like Celebrity isn't included. Nautica and Regatta are on there.

There is a bridge cam on all the ships. Channel 3 on board.

Well, I was thinking that there was one on Marina, but couldn't remember for sure. In August we got upsold to a veranda from an inside cabin, so I guess I didn't watch channel 3 much! Now that you mention it, though, I remember turning it on once, and it looked like you could see the very tip of the "golf course" up top - or am I remembering that incorrectly?!

Well, I was thinking that there was one on Marina, but couldn't remember for sure. In August we got upsold to a veranda from an inside cabin, so I guess I didn't watch channel 3 much! Now that you mention it, though, I remember turning it on once, and it looked like you could see the very tip of the "golf course" up top - or am I remembering that incorrectly?!

I think sitraveler is correct. It seems like every ship we have been on has a bow camera that is accessible through the cabin TVs, but they are not all available on the internet. At least they aren't all accessible on a common website.

No problems with mentioning web sites (except travel agents). You can find most web ams at krooz-cams.com, unfortunately it looks like Celebrity isn't included. Nautica and Regatta are on there.

DH loves these sights, but beware. When he went to the site a warning was brought up by our computer security program that it was a site known to contain malicious content and was blocked.

He uses www.cruiseshipportal.com to accomplish the same thing. This site shows Celebrity discontinued using ship-cams in 08/2009. It also has port cameras, including a live port-cam at Dodge Island in Miami. He loves to watch the ships leave port Saturday evenings. It occupies him the way watching an aquarium does me.:p

Archived