Hot chocolate?

puzzums

Since their headquarters are right here in Solon, Ohio, I called Nestle's to see where we could purchase it and was told that it is only sold to commercial suppliers.:(

I figured as much as I had looked for it here with no success. However, if you have any connections to any establishment that orders from SYSCO, you might find some there. They get a lot of items from SYSCO. I was once able to get a case of Ranger cookies from them.:p

I was on the Indy and hot chocolate was available at Cafe Promenade and Windjammer Cafe.

However the packets of hot chocolate were kept behind the counter at Cafe Promenade and you have to ask for them. I only ever once saw the packets of hot chocolate available out at the drink stations at Windjammer. Maybe other times you have to ask as well.

Don't know why RCI treats hot chocolate like packets of gold dust and you have to ask for them whereas tea and coffee are readily available.

I was on the Indy and hot chocolate was available at Cafe Promenade and Windjammer Cafe.

However the packets of hot chocolate were kept behind the counter at Cafe Promenade and you have to ask for them. I only ever once saw the packets of hot chocolate available out at the drink stations at Windjammer. Maybe other times you have to ask as well.

Don't know why RCI treats hot chocolate like packets of gold dust and you have to ask for them whereas tea and coffee are readily available.

Since they are not available to the general public in any of our stores, people take them home with them.

Since their headquarters are right here in Solon, Ohio, I called Nestle's to see where we could purchase it and was told that it is only sold to commercial suppliers.:(

DH and I had the same issue with some Sir Thomas Lipton teas that we had on our first RCL cruise. I found a nice coffee/tea stand in town that served it and they were more than happy to sell it to me by the box. If you can find a place in town that serves the chocolate, perhaps they will sell it to you.

Here this is the 25th post in this thread, and I am surprised that nobody mentioned that they were maybe at least a bit disappointed that RCCL doesn't have their hot chocolate in those automatic machines like Carnival does. It comes out so nice and frothy. Now keep in mind, I prefer to sail RCCL, and most of our cruises have been on RCCL, but I give the nod to Carnival BIG TIME on this one. Theirs is SO much better, it isn't even close.

I agree, it's hard to beat the hot chocolate on Carnival. It comes out of the machine steaming hot and so creamy that you don't even need to add anything to it. As another poster mentioned, it is awesome with coffee though!! If money were no object, I would definitely get one of these machines for my house! :D

I figured as much as I had looked for it here with no success. However, if you have any connections to any establishment that orders from SYSCO, you might find some there. They get a lot of items from SYSCO. I was once able to get a case of Ranger cookies from them.:p

We have a factory location that I pass by for work that has a retail store attached. You can buy it in there if you want an entire case. So you may want to check if you are close to a factory.

The Vision has all night and Early Morning Coffee (made fresh between 4:30 and 5 am) on both sides of the Pool Deck Forward. Port Side is Non-Smoking. Starboard side is Smoking. They also have Hot Water and Hot Chocolate packets and assorted Tea packets and the Tiny Half & Half containers and a pitcher of Milk.

Surely, something for everyone!

See my Live Post from the Vision last October for photos and info...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1717252

• 2 months later...

For a fee you can get Hot Chocolate at Cafe Lattitudes. On our Canadian cruise they even allowed us to use our BOGO coupons for specialty coffee to get the hot chocolate bit was very tasty!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For a fee you can get Hot Chocolate at Cafe Lattitudes. On our Canadian cruise they even allowed us to use our BOGO coupons for specialty coffee to get the hot chocolate bit was very tasty!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For some reason hot chocolate with no fee tastes better than hot chocolate with a fee.;):p

Archived