Grand Cayman

nairnblue

My daughter and Grandson will need to disembark at Grand Cayman in October to get back to the UK in time to return to school (she is a teacher) on the Monday.

Does anyone know if there are facilities to disembark at G C in order to fly back to the UK.

We hope to cruise on Carnival Legend

Any advice will be appreciated

The Carnival Legend currently does seven night sailings from Tampa,Florida. If you intend to leave the ship while it's on that sailing you must check with Carnival to see if you can get permission to the leave the ship midcruise. There may be a situation where you won't be allowed to leave the vessel for your return to the United Kingdom. As for flying back to Europe from Grand Cayman you would have to check with various airline carriers.It would most likely be easier to get a one way flight from Grand Cayman back to Miami, Florida followed by a transatlantic flight back to the United Kingdom from there. Definitely check with Carnival before you make any other travel arrangements in reference to this trip.

As others have posted, do the seven day Carnival Legend cruise and then just fly home from Tampa, Florida. Also, if your are allowed to the leave the ship midcruise make sure that you have written documentation from Carnival. Why would you spend money for a seven day cruise and then forfeit half the week by attempting to fly home early. You will be required to pay for the entire seven days and won't get any money refunded to you by leaving the cruise early. If your travel dates aren't flexible try to schedule the trip when your family has more time to enjoy the vacation.

thanks everyone.

We plan to sail on Legend on Sept 25 from Dover to New York where my daughter and grandson would join.

They would need to fly back to UK on Sat Oct 19 and we would stay on the ship till it arrives at Tampa.

There is a flight from G C to London that day.

I will be checking with Carnival but merely sought advice before asking them.

I can't see any reason why this cannot be done. Since you would be leaving the ship in Grand Cayman the cabotage laws would not apply. You should be aware that Grand Cayman is a tender port. Cruise ships anchor a short distance off shore and passengers use a boat service to convey them from ship to shore. Some assistance will be required to load and unload baggage from the tender. Once ashore the airport is just a short cab ride away.

Also a consideration GC is an often missed port due to weather conditions & in Sept /Oct may be even more problematic

Excellent point. I think this is the most crucial variable in your plans.

Sounds like a great trip. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be aware that Grand Cayman is a tender port.

Some assistance will be required to load and unload baggage from the tender.

The ships are used to doing this though and will provide assistance as needed. I've seen it done, although mostly with crew or entertainers coming and going from a tender port.

You are still in Hurricane season.

And there is always the possibility that any port can be cancelled.

A couple of years ago Hurricane Paula changed our itinerary completely. Instead of doing a western Caribbean cruise, we did an Eastern Caribbean cruise.

Also you may have to pay a fee in order for the cruise line to have custom officials at any port where they intend to get off the cruise.

Grand Cayman is a tender port.

Archived