Miami Brides: Where did you stay??

Hello all! I am getting married at the Port of Miami and need to start checking out possible hotels that we can stay in prior to sailing. Where did you stay (and would you recommend it?) and did they offer a free shuttle to the port? If not, how much did the shuttle cost? Also, did they have an issue you with you leaving your car there until you returned from your cruise (if you drove to Miami)?

Thanks! :D

I'm getting married in the Victory in July out if Miami. We reserved a block of rooms at the Intercontinental which received the best reviews here on CC and other sites for cruisers. They did offer a reduced group rate of $115/night but they require 10 rooms to be reserved to use that rate or you pay full price...which was $129 or something along those lines. I called another hotel but can't for the life of me recall the name right now, but it was right down the street, same group rate, so we went with the nicer hotel. :). Congrats!

I'm getting married in the Victory in July out if Miami. We reserved a block of rooms at the Intercontinental which received the best reviews here on CC and other sites for cruisers. They did offer a reduced group rate of $115/night but they require 10 rooms to be reserved to use that rate or you pay full price...which was $129 or something along those lines. I called another hotel but can't for the life of me recall the name right now, but it was right down the street, same group rate, so we went with the nicer hotel. :). Congrats!

Thanks for sharing!

Whats Ur email?

Hello all! I am getting married at the Port of Miami and need to start checking out possible hotels that we can stay in prior to sailing. Where did you stay (and would you recommend it?) and did they offer a free shuttle to the port? If not, how much did the shuttle cost? Also, did they have an issue you with you leaving your car there until you returned from your cruise (if you drove to Miami)?

Thanks! :D

We're booked at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. They offer a free airport shuttle, free port shuttle (we've arranged a separate one for our party since we need to be there early), free breakfast, free parking (outdoors), and free wifi. The hotel is rather new - I think it just opened in 2011. We've stayed there once before and liked it. It's not on the beach or around a lot of night life, but we wanted to book a cheaper hotel near the airport that had some perks and save our guests some money.

We're booked at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. They offer a free airport shuttle, free port shuttle (we've arranged a separate one for our party since we need to be there early), free breakfast, free parking (outdoors), and free wifi. The hotel is rather new - I think it just opened in 2011. We've stayed there once before and liked it. It's not on the beach or around a lot of night life, but we wanted to book a cheaper hotel near the airport that had some perks and save our guests some money.

Sounds great! Will definitely check them out, thanks Twin A! Can't wait to read your review! I'll be getting married shortly after you in May :)

Heeey Twin A,

What Shuttle company did U go with?? And were they Reasonable?

Make sure when booking a hotel with a port shuttle to ask them if they will accommodate your party at 9:30 or 10 whatever time you would need them for. Most hotels that offer a shuttle service to the ports have prearranged times of 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30

Heeey Twin A,

What Shuttle company did U go with?? And were they Reasonable?

I'm not sure. I believe it'll be the same shuttle company the hotel regularly uses. It's in our contract that they'll supply a separate, earlier shuttle for our guests so that we get to port on time. And there was no extra charge for this since the hotel offers free transportation to the port for all guests anyway.

I have used QLS before and they're great! They arrived on time and have reasonable prices.

Typed with my thumbs on a tablet

We stayed at La Quinta Inn Miami Airport East. They offer a free shuttle (you just have to let them know that you are part of an onboard wedding and you can get a shuttle at 9:30 am), free breakfast (since you probably won't eat on the ship before you're reception), and free parking for a week in their lot if you need it. It was a nice hotel, not dirty, very friendly staff. I recommend it. Just be sure to ask for a shuttle back to the hotel, if you need it BEFORE you leave for the cruise, we had trouble getting back because of it. Good luck to you and your fiance! :)

Make sure when booking a hotel with a port shuttle to ask them if they will accommodate your party at 9:30 or 10 whatever time you would need them for. Most hotels that offer a shuttle service to the ports have prearranged times of 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30

Thanks for this tip! Didn't occur to me.

Archived