Next Chapter for Celebrity

Oceanview77

I guess the biggest improvement would be to deliver what they promise and to enforce the rules and regulations that they have.

On a lighter note I would like to see X going more green by putting the exercise room down in the lower part of the hull. They could have oars extending out into the sea for those that feel they need to exercise with a drum beat to propel the ship. The treadmills and bikes could also be tied into the generators to power the ship. Have ropes on pulleys to work the tris, bis and traps that would be operating the elevators. :D

My husband went to the Q&A session with the captain on our Silhouette cruise. Someone in the audience asked that question. The response was that they were going to work on bettering what they have. He mentioned that with all the new builds it has been difficult for them to fill the ships with passengers (especially in the down economy) as well as keep up with training all the new staff. I thought this was a really positive comment and IMHO this makes sense and is really positive for the future of Celebrity.

Wow, you got be with the captain

Are you going lower yourself and talk with me on our TA:D

They need more crew training

We were on the Equinox in June 2012, and then on the TA in Nov

Big difference in crew after the Reflection started to sail

About a year ago hen I checked for a project I was working on, I noticed Celebrity had the youngest fleet by comparison to their competitors (HAL, Princess, etc), so really can't see them doing any building in the very near future.

Some great points though on this thread, would love to see them upgrade the bathrooms on M class, the art studio I found was a huge hit and wish it was incorporated more on the other ships.

To be honest I doubt any captain or member of the crew has any more of an idea than we do of whats next. Decisions like that are way above their level, it will be interesting to see whats next though.

Wow, you got be with the captain

Are you going lower yourself and talk with me on our TA:D

They need more crew training

We were on the Equinox in June 2012, and then on the TA in Nov

Big difference in crew after the Reflection started to sail

Yes, Mark--we, along with the other 2800 (or so) people all felt like big shots!

To the person who suggested different types of classes--like stargazing. I was really excited and interested to participate this on our recent Silhouette B2B. I was very disappointed that both weeks they did it at 6pm on a formal night. I love stuff like that--but wouldn't want it to interfere with primping or cocktail hour!

This is perhaps a contrary view, but the one thing that I don't enjoy about Celebrity is that the ships seem to try to persuade you that you're not at sea. For example, in the case of the S class there is no wrap-round promenade deck, you can't look out over the bow, and you can't look out over the stern. Even in the case of the 'boat deck' walkway, along most of its length the boats are between you and the view. The most exciting things in the ship - the atrium and the MDR, for example - draw your attention inwards, not outwards. Even the lawn club is an example of reproducing something that you would expect to find ashore. So if they develop a new line of ships I would like to see the return of features that accentuate the fact that you're at sea.

Amen! Exactly my feeling, after sailing on Equinox. We are going back to Century in order to enjoy being at sea.

I like both the suggestions above!!

Better maintenance to keep the ships looking and feeling new would be a big plus as would an improvement in entertainment. I'll take top notch shows and lounge acts over a lawn at sea any day!

An uptick in the quality of food and dining service to what it was a few years ago would be nice as well - although we've seen a nice improvement that way in the last two cruises we've taken.

I like those two thoughts too!

I too wish they had a bigger variety of departure ports. Charleston SC would be great if the high and mighty down there would get off their pretentious butts. I would love to see them back in Baltimore like the Mercury was.

Years ago the Horizon sailed back to back 10 and 11 nighters out of Tampa. If they were to bring those back I'd book today.

I would also like to see more longer Alaska cruises. That is our favorite destination, but it is not worthwhile for us to fly to the left coast for 7 nights. There seems to be one or two longer ones each year, but that is all. The best we had was a 14 nighter out of Vancouver that went to Alaskan ports and then down the coast.

I liked the smaller ships, but understand the reality that they just weren't as cost effective as the newer ones. But, perhaps they can engineer and build new small ships (Zenith or even Mercury sized) that would be economically feasible.

Regardless, we have had 19 or 20 wonderful cruises on Celebrity, have two more booked, and are sure they will exceed expectations.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phl

Tom UK and shipgeeks- I totaly agree! All you mentioned are relfecting my feelings towards the S- Class ships. As beautyfrull as they may be- they don´t have THAT SHIP- feeling. I sailed Solstice, Silhouette and Eclipse- that´s it- no more Solstice Class for me! Millenium Class is much better in this compartment! At least they have a prommenade deck, if no a wrap around one. A good example is the great Libarary on board the Solstice Class ( and Millenium Class as it happens) of ships- so nice- BUT NO VIEW !

I will give Cunard another try for my next cruises, but that decison is reasoned in this idiotic background music they play throughout their ships since the last two years and the fact that their ships got much to loud for my taste- such a good thing that there are so many options nowaday!

Just returnrd from a back to back on Silhoutette.

Ship is very nice, but too big for us.We will go back to M-Class.

We are booked on Solstice in spring 2014 out of Sydney to Ensenada.

If Millenium is sailing in autumn 2014 out of Ensenada to Australia we are considering to rebook on Millenium.In about 2 month we will know more.

Archived