Conquest Captain Suites

Cruise To Relax

Tand, were you planning to post pictures and/or do a review? If not, I would like some info about the embarkation and debarkation as a result of being in this room. I know we get Priority embarkation but think debarkation is based on plane departure times, Plat/Gold/etc and so forth. No problem because we are staying in NOLA for a couple of days - just curious. Also, did they give you anything above what you normally get on a Carnival cruise? I don't imagine they do but HA and Celebrity always give you something extra when you cruise in their upper suites. And were there binoculars in the room? I doubt it but thought I would ask. Thanks again for the video.

I should write the review while its fresh in my mind, but I can't seem to work up the gumption after work :).

Priority embarkation and debarkation are the only amenities above the cabin itself. I was mildly annoyed that these perks weren't freely offered--I had to ask for them. At embarkation, an employee tried to stop me from entering the VIP line, despite the Priority on my boarding pass. I also wasn't on the list at the VIP station, but they agreed the suite was supposed to come with the perk and let me in.

At debarkation, we were given zone 7 tags. The room steward said he thought it was weird because those suites always have zone 1. I had to explain Carnival's own policy to the guest services rep. She seemed very uncomfortable but relented when I mentioned we were driving a long distance and really wanted to get off first. She said she'd "do me a favor" and gave me just 3 zone 1 tags.

I get annoyed when large companies don't do a good job of training their employees, but overall it was a very minor annoyance. We walked off at 7:15, right behind a couple loudly discussing the fact that their zone wasn't called but "it's not like anyone's going to check." They were right, no one did :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FYI, there seem to be differing opinions on whether priority debarkation is actually offered to non-Platinum suite guests. From the email sent along with the Captain's Suite upsell pitch:

"Platinum guests and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will receive a debarkation letter....They will be given the option of Self Assist...or Priority Debarkation."

While the policy doesn't specifically mention the CS, it's hard to argue any suite is more deluxe than it.

Tand, thanks. I thought that might be the case but no worries. I am prepared for whatever happens. We are spending the night in NOLA the night before and plan to get to the port about 10:30-11:00. Hopefully, we can get on and have lunch. I understand about the review - but no worries there either. If you can it, great. If not, great. Going back to work after vacation is one of life's most painful things :)

Someone on our roll call for our next cruise on Liberty has one and hope to see it.

I would consider for about 5 seconds and think that for that price we could go on about 6 other cruises.icon7.gif

Well enjoy...I want to start to justify balconies first for sure..same thinking with those...I really want at least a good window nest time...:o:).

Happy for those who can afford and do best...happy and grateful for us who can get to once in awhile..let us know about your cruise...

I'm in the process of uploading a video walk-through right now. From the description:

http://youtu.be/Uby4SIy7yNY

Edit: as of now, it's still 2 hours away from being processed, so be patient :-)

thanks.....that was really neat...I love the wind protection and those big slanted indoor windows looking out to sea...just love it!!

Tand -- Would love a review of your trip and more pictures! We'll be on the Conquest in May and new reviews make the wait more bearable. :D

I know the feeling! From December through February, I devoured every Conquest post I could find, and it still wasn't enough. I think that's part of what's holding me back from writing when I get home from work, or when I have a short break at work like now. I'm a bit burnt out on the whole affair.

I will say that other than large size photos of the cabin I'll link to, nothing will prepare you better than Sargent Schultz/Zydecocruiser's detailed review. He took so many pictures I felt like I knew the place before I boarded. Most of my pics are of beach trips and Tulum.

Anyway, I need to stop making excuses and write my review...soon :)

Tand, I read his review and it was great. Anything you have is fine but don't worry about it. I am getting that way also looking at all the posts about the Conquest. I did send a link of your video to our TA so she could see it. She was curious and this will work until we get back.

Here are some larger copies of the cabin photos to keep you interested until I stop being so lazy and post a review:

wm_IMG_0049.JPG

Balcony as seen from deck 10 while waiting to get inside during embarkation.

wm_IMG_0320.JPG

wm_IMG_0321.JPG

First view of the cabin when walking in the door.

wm_IMG_0324.JPG

wm_IMG_0322.JPG

View out the front. You can see the crew decks below, and on the horizon the Norwegian Star. We caught up with her during the day and beat her into port. I guess Carnival was in a hurry to get rid of us :-)

wm_IMG_0325.JPG

Mini bar in the corner and fold-down bed. We just used the couch which folded out to a "king." (I put it in quotes because in my experience cruise/hotel beds are always smaller than the size they claim.)

wm_IMG_0329.JPG

Master bed, also a "king." Notice the debarkation tags on the bed. Boo! Hiss! :(

wm_IMG_0332.JPG

Ample space in the master closet and drawers below. Enough that we didn't use the main closet by the front door much. I would imagine more adults in the room would need to use that space. We brought our own hangers.

wm_IMG_0334.JPG

Master TV as well as sliding door (left) and closing door (right). The cabinet under the TV folded down to make a small shelf. Inside is an outlet.

wm_IMG_0335.JPG

Hall Closets. Our 5-year-old liked to play in them since we left them mostly empty. Two bathrobes were waiting for us in here as well as extra bedding for the sofa.

wm_IMG_0339.JPG

The safe was a standard small hotel size. The iPad had to be angled to fit which made everything else harder to stack.

Yes, we loved it! The view from those huge front windows is amazing. We loved our deck as well, although it's far from private. Because it sticks out so far, everyone from the other balconies can look right at us. The folks in 9206 next door could have easily held hands with us when we were both outside. We didn't pay 6 cruises' worth for it, but it was a splurge for sure. It just so happened I was searching Carnival to see the best possible cabin they offered. I discovered a little about the CS and thought someday we might try it. Then 2 days later Carnival called and I accepted the upsell offer.

Heard they put all the 2.0 fun stuff on her does Guys Burger live up to thw hype did you get to try all the stuff just wondering were sailing 9-1-13:cool::):D

Heard they put all the 2.0 fun stuff on her does Guys Burger live up to thw hype did you get to try all the stuff just wondering were sailing 9-1-13:cool::):D

For me, Guys Burgers were good enough to eat every day I could. We tried out mostly everything but never made it to the Blue Iguana Cantina for lunch, just breakfast. They closed for lunch at 2:30 and we kept missing it even on sea days.

Archived