Panama cruise accommodation

jagoffee

My wife and I are considering the Jan 30th Panama cruise. I have read many comments on this message board that have been very helpful. My question relates to the accommodations. Is it worth the extra money to get a "French balcony"? What exactly is the different between the Seabourn bacony and a regular balcony. Since our first cruise with a balcony, we always pay for a balcony. Reading the review on this site, it states that it is as deep as a generous footprint. Does this mean that you cannot sit on the balcony? Has anyone on this message board had the experience of this balcony and do you recommend that we spend the money to upgrade?

These feature would appear to be the only difference between the A and the B catagory. Is it basically a window that can be opened?

Thank you.

jagoffee~~~~the balcony is not a "true" balcony......Seabourn describes it as "French."

And it is actually (like you thought) a window that can be opened......I have had a balcony on several sailings (being small I can easily stand out on it) and have throughly enjoyed it.

It is so nice to open up "the huge window" and hear the sea and smell the fragrance of the ocean! I would think this particular voyage would be perfect to have a balcony.

Isn't this sailing on the Legend?

MB

What Martha says is true. My Mom and I cruised on the Legend through the Panama Canal this past February -- my first cruise with Seabourn and hopefully not my last!!! We learned we had been upgraded and both hoped for a balcony but we didn't get it. It was all right though. Having a large window to look out was perfectly fine for me. HTH

2-14-04 Seabourn Legend

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;2;14;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

6-19-04 Disney Magic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

3-19-05 Diamond Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2005;3;19;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Jagoffee,

The B-category suites on Seabourn have a double sliding glass French Door that leads to a step-out balcony. There's not room to sit there, but with the door open you can sit in the seating area of the suite and enjoy the view (glass panel protects you from falling but doesn't obscure), fresh air, the sound of the sea and, best of all, you can look along the side of the ship when entering,leaving or in port. The Classic suites have a real sit-out veranda with partial view. The Owners suites have private verandas, too. The B-class suites are extremely popular, so I'd have to say that people find them worth the upgrade. You can see pictures of the balcony suites at www.seabourn.com--even a 360-degree view.

bgood

Archived