Feelings on booking another Carnival cruise.

saturnsc

Are you beginning to feel hesitant to book another Carnival Cruise?  

915 members have voted

1. 1. Are you beginning to feel hesitant to book another Carnival Cruise?

• Yes
    • No

Hopefully no lingering vomit and feces in the cracks or embedded in the carpet.

And, your point is? I believe you can find that just about anywhere...5* hotels, restaurants or even you home if you have pets!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Alll these people need some cheese to go with thier 'whinnnneeee' If you don't like Carnival, get off the site and go about your business! No one will miss you! Cars break down all the time! Motors are unpredictable even if you THINK they're in good shape! So they made a mistake! Maybe! Maybe not! Must be rewarding to be sooooo perfect! Quit being so judgemental! It's a huge operation and things can go wrong! I love Carnival and will not let this deter me from going with them! I for one, do not expect perfection! At least they're doing best they can with a bad situation!

Very well put Thank You

My wife and I are done with Carnival as far as we are concerned. I'm so tired of hearing about their crappy old ships and their propulsion problems and now this! We even had propulsion issues back in 2008 on the Inspiration! There are so many other options out there and Ccl will not get anymore of my money. we have been on a few but have definitely noticed a decline in all areas. We have not had a single problem with Rci and rarely do you hear about them.

I feel bad for the passengers on board and hope they make it home safe as soon as possible. It seems Carnival has become a joke ever since Cahill took over as president.

We are booked for our first cruise on Carnival for August. If that cruise goes well, I wouldn't hesitate to book another with them, HOWEVER, not with an older ship like Triumph that had propulsion problems on the previous sailing, and certainly not on one that is undergoing the sort of health risk-related damage like what is going on there right now. Sorry, but I just don't believe that ship will be totally sanitary anytime soon, no matter how much cleaning and disinfecting Carnival says they will be doing.

Absolutely would book again! Actually, I already am booked on TRIUMPH for 4/8! As long as they figure out the problem, I have no qualms about going! I am confident that she will be fixed, and better than ever before they let her sail again. Things happen, and sometimes they are out of anyone's control.

As far as how Carnival has handled it, I don't know how they are supposed to control currents/wind. I think the original estimation of arrival in Progreso was just that, *and estimate*. The changed that estimate based on how far the ship traveled in the currents- and now that she was equidistant from both ports, decided it made more sense to go with the current vs. against it, while also getting around the issue of getting passengers back home that were traveling without passports. Totally makes sense to me!

I was talking about this situation with friends earlier, and I am sure that it is less than desirable on board right now. But, I think the "horror stories" or "tales of survival" are going to differ greatly from person to person. I think with anything, it is about perspective. One person may tell you how awful it was, and that they thought they were going to die- while another may tell you that it was a crappy end to their vacation, but one they won't forget, and that they felt safe/comfortable (even if inconvenienced) the whole time. It all depends on if you are a person who can be given lemons and make lemonade (and if on a cruise ship, Add Vodka!), or if you are going to just stew about being handed lemons!

I'm with you! I feel while the Triumph is in Alabama Carnival will give her a semi-face lift...:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am just not getting why they did not cancel another cruise that was going in the same area, to get to this ship, and tender the guests off of it and on to one that is not covered in Feces and Vomit and has working facilites. Even a day less would have been helpful to evac these people.

Maybe too dangerous to tender? Maybe too expensive?

I get compensation and what not. But how about making an effort to end it quickly? I just do not get this. Its gone on and on. They bring ships to bring food etc, how about bring a darn empty ship?

A lot of people fail to realize that stuff happens to ships, accidents happen, malfunctions, etc. It's not just Carnival issues, every cruise line has things happen that hinder their ability to deliver a good product to their customers. It's just life. If people are going to not book a Carnival cruise over this situation, that's their choice, but I sure as heck would consider it. Fair enough if you did not want to book on the Triumph, though.

My wife and I are done with Carnival as far as we are concerned. I'm so tired of hearing about their crappy old ships and their propulsion problems and now this! We even had propulsion issues back in 2008 on the Inspiration! There are so many other options out there and Ccl will not get anymore of my money. we have been on a few but have definitely noticed a decline in all areas. We have not had a single problem with Rci and rarely do you hear about them.

I feel bad for the passengers on board and hope they make it home safe as soon as possible. It seems Carnival has become a joke ever since Cahill took over as president.

Crappy old ships? What are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH and I are booked on the Dream for 8/31. And I am looking at 2014 dates on the Breeze.

I always compare to NCL and RCCL before we book any trips. But they are always so much higher than CCL. I just can't justify the extra $$$$$. The savings difference allows us to take 3-4 long weekend trips thoughout the year. :)

I would definitely keep booking with Carnival. The ones that say that they need to try another cruise line need to realize that the engine fires can happen on any ship, anytime regardless of maintenance.

I remember three engine fires on RCC and subsidiaries just last year, including one on the relatively new AllureOTS. Luckily, they were extinguished with minimal issues, but remember that any fire on a ship can get out of hand in a matter of seconds.

So I will continue to cruise with any line that suits my needs.

We had already decided to explore other lines, this problem just reinforced our decision.

This isn't just a case of "stuff happens". The Triumph has had propulsion and engine issue for the past 3(?) sailings. Carnival knew there was a problem. I'd consider this bordering on reckless endangerment of their passengers.

Alll these people need some cheese to go with thier 'whinnnneeee' If you don't like Carnival, get off the site and go about your business! No one will miss you! Cars break down all the time! Motors are unpredictable even if you THINK they're in good shape! So they made a mistake! Maybe! Maybe not! Must be rewarding to be sooooo perfect! Quit being so judgemental! It's a huge operation and things can go wrong! I love Carnival and will not let this deter me from going with them! I for one, do not expect perfection! At least they're doing best they can with a bad situation!

Umm.... the OP asked. You didn't even bother to answer the question.

To answer the poll question literally, I would have to say yes I would be hesitant to book another Carnival cruise. I know that this is something that could happen with any cruise line, airline, car, etc. but recently, as fare as cruise lines go, it just seems to be happening to Carnival.

Is it something in their maintenance policies versus those on other cruise lines? I'm not sure because it's not my job to know those things. My job is to do my due diligence when it comes to selecting a cruise for my family and safety is just one of the factors that has to be considered.

With all of the competition out there, and the fact that I don't have any real brand loyalty when it comes to cruises (I like and dislike something about all of them), for me personally, I feel I would not be a responsible adult if I didn't at least have some hesitation and if these events didn't at least cross my mind in the decision making process while selecting my next family cruise.

For those that have great loyalty for Carnival and will not hesitate booking future cruises, that is great for you. It is reasonable to assume you will not have any issues like these poor passengers have faced. However, if you are like me and enjoy cruising on all cruise lines then exploring other options and weighing the pros/cons would be a good course of action.

We haven't cruised since the Concordia sunk and this latest incident won't exactly leave us eager to cruise either.

Vegas, here we come!

Hmmmm are you are flying to Vegas??? Airlines have problems too...

We used to go to Vegas 2 to 3 times a year... flying there is now costing us more and they do not have as many good perks there now.. :( missing the old days of Vegas.. :( But looking forward to spending time relaxing in the sun and seeing some awesome ports :):)

2013 - Triumph

2012 - Concordia

2010 - Splendor

What is in common with all 3? The last 3 ship issues was Carnival owned ships. Prior to this, the next one was 2008 with the Princess of the Seas and was weather related and not out at sea. The one before in 2007 was stuck in ice in Antartical with the MS Explorer. Prior that, there were some passenger ocean ferries etc. So the question would be why Carnival? Why not any other line? Yes, I would be very concerned with booking Carnival. The track record is going down.

I drive a car virtually everyday, fly on airplanes (we know how that can end), walk up and down stairs, take showers, cross the street, go swimming, and stand at a window to watch lightening, etc. The remote possibility of a ship breaking down.....well, life does happen when you least expect it. I just keep on going. Would a ship adrift be a problem for me? Yes, temporarily. As long as people are kept as safe as they can be I will not let it stop me from doing what I want as long as I am able. I will stop planning vacations because 'something' might happen when you know who calls me home!. ;)

Archived