FTTF - Valor/San Juan

MGO26

Hi! My DBF and I are booked on the Carnival Valor - Sept 1 to the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. I do not see the FTTF option in the excursion list. Is it way too early for it to be listed? I thought I read that FTTF IS available on the Valor, so I was surprised to not see it. Also, since this cruise leaves at 10pm.. how early will they actually let you board the ship with FTTF?

Hi! My DBF and I are booked on the Carnival Valor - Sept 1 to the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. I do not see the FTTF option in the excursion list. Is it way too early for it to be listed? I thought I read that FTTF IS available on the Valor, so I was surprised to not see it. Also, since this cruise leaves at 10pm.. how early will they actually let you board the ship with FTTF?

I think it was available on Valor before she switched to the current itinerary out of San Jaun.

I have been watching too.

I booked the July 7th Cruise and was told by customer service that it won't be offered once the ship is repositioned. I'm going to still keep my eye on the excursion list. However, with boarding by 10:00pm, not sure if it is necessary since people will be boarding throughout the day.

I booked the July 7th Cruise and was told by customer service that it won't be offered once the ship is repositioned. I'm going to still keep my eye on the excursion list. However, with boarding by 10:00pm, not sure if it is necessary since people will be boarding throughout the day.

True..ok thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...

We are going April 28th. My husband asked when we could board since departure is so late and were told we could board starting at about 11 a.m. (I believe, he's not here to verify). Anyway our plan is to check out of our hotel, head over to the boat and drop off our luggage, check in and go explore San Juan till dinner time.

Because people board all day long, I don't think it's worth the extra money. We got there around 11, checked in and had to wait until they started boarding around 12:30. There wasn't much of a line and even though they assigned you a zone number, no one looked at it and everyone just got in line at the same time to board the ship.

No FTTF on the Valor since it repositioned.

Along with others have said, there also aren't any tender ports.

I agree.

There is NO reason fo FTTF for this itinerary.

No tender ports and boarding is all day as the ship does not depart until 10pm.

Last year we boarded, had lunch, dropped the carry on bags off and our luggage was waiting at 130 when the rooms were ready. Then we got off and explored until it was time for dinner. The check in line at 630 pm was long, must have been late flights.

Last year we boarded, had lunch, dropped the carry on bags off and our luggage was waiting at 130 when the rooms were ready. Then we got off and explored until it was time for dinner. The check in line at 630 pm was long, must have been late flights.

If you go out to explore, do you get back on the ship via a seperate line or do you wait with everyone boarding for the first time?

Thanks

If you go out to explore, do you get back on the ship via a seperate line or do you wait with everyone boarding for the first time?

Thanks

Yes, Id like to know this as well. Am on the June 30th sailing. We arrive in SJU at 11:30AM and would taxi right over there but perhaps after boarding would like to get off and explore a little.

• 1 month later...

It is now available on my September sailing as well. I'm questioning if it's going to be worth it though. If we get to the port early and board.. but then get off the ship and explore, and come back at lets say 6pm and there is a long line.. do we still get to cut lines and get back on fast if we purchased FTTF? Or is it only for initial boarding?

FTTF is available on Valor sailing out of San Juan starting July 1, according to John Heald's announcement on the topic. I know it is listed as an excursion option for my Sept 8 sailing.

It is available for our June 2nd sailing. Just turned up about a week ago.

I booked it last weekend for my Sept 28th sailing but after reading the post here I think I am going to cancel it. My flight doesn't land till 1:30pm and by the time I get to the boat I think I will be fine getting in to my room! Thanks for all the other post about this!

Archived