Dreamed I missed our cruise - have you ever dreamed about your cruise?

boa toting mama

My daughter keeps having dreams that she misses her ship in Tampa next month. I told her not to worry, you'll make it to the ship fine (she's spending the night before in town and only has a 2 hour drive to Tampa).

I told her I'd be more worried about missing the ship in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. :p

Yes happens alot to me, been crusing since little girl I have two booked up that be a total of 50 cruises in my lifetime and I turn 50 this year.

I dream of missing the ship handful of times, I dream of being on the ship, I dream being in ports, etc.

Funny you should bring this up. We have a cruise booked for next month. I am going with my DH and DS, but I have been known to go on all girl cruises with my sister in law and some girls from work. I had a dream the other night that me and my sister in law missed the boat in Cozumel. Watched in horror as it pulled away from port.

I had a dream once that the ship was just pulling away from the pier when I arrived so I had to run and try to jump on to the deck. I missed on the first try and landed in the water. Then I climbed back up on the pier to try again but I woke up just as I jumped so I don't know if I made it or not. LOL.

I have had dreams I forgot my luggage, or I brought my luggae but only packed underwear. forgot to back the rest. I have also had dreams where I forgot my passport but in my dream I was able to run home real quick to get it. I live in MN, so there is no way I can actually run home real quick to get it.

Yes, right after I booked our 2/3 cruise I had a dream about the cabin location. I had booked an aft extended balcony but upgraded myself to an aft wrap which we loved. Funny thing is the aft wrap looked like the cabin the woman showed me in my dream. I just realized that as I was typing this.

I am going on a cruise in April. My SO and I are in one cabin and our single friend is in another. I had a dream where I got a call from the upgrade fairy and got to upgrade our ocean view to a balcony for free. But I also "upgraded" our friend in the process and he ended up with a much worse cabin that was my fault. I was soooo sad!

vejdp3snodrz7gdf.png

Never fails, as soon as we book a cruise I start having dreams/nightmares about it lol. I'll dream that we made it all the way to the port and forgot our passports and we try to get someone to fedex them down (lol) or I'll dream about forgetting my anti seasikness meds and freaking out about that, and the list goes one haha:o

The cruise I went on to Bajo, Mexico, I had recurrent dreams I forgot my birth certificate. I did not actually forget it, but the day of the cruise the bus I was riding on broke down. My TA got shuttles to take us to the port. When we arrived at the port, I was so excited to be there! I got out and ended up leaving my purse in the shuttle. :eek: It had my DL, birth certificate, $, and debit card in it. Needless to say, I was in a terrified I was going to miss the cruise. Thankfuly, the shuttle company was able to track down the shuttle and get my purse back to me. Whew!! :)

Funny you should ask. I dreamed last night that my husband checked my carry on bag with the porters and it always has our passports in it. They wouldn't let us on the ship but our bags got to go. BTW we cruise Sunday on the Glory.

Yes, I have cruise dreams a lot.

I had one or two where I was at the airport and forgot our passports, and we didn't have time to turn around and get them and get back to the airport in time :eek: so I was in a panic state.

Most of the other dreams are good dreams, like we are on the Lido deck, or at a bar or gathering area meeting and chatting with other people. More recently, I had a dream about the MDR! I dreamed that we wanted to change times & tables! (even though I have ATD this coming cruise):)

Man, I have wild ones.

I had a dream that I boarded a cruise ship and got invited to watch the Lido deck from the captains office (that had huge glass windows overlooking everything). People were eating and drinking like crazy and after a while the crew started to hand everyone buckets. I watched in horror as people were throwing up pure blood.

I looked over to the captain, and he creepily smiled and showed his vampire teeth! By that time we had set sail, and he explained that he poisoned the food and it was his way of getting a lifetime supply of blood.

I ran out of the room and peoples bodies were dropping to the floor and their ghost bodies were rising up out of them. The crew (also vampires) were cleaning up the bodies. But the most wild thing was that the ghosts were still sunbathing, swimming in the pool, and enjoying their cruise!

Man, I have wild ones.

I had a dream that I boarded a cruise ship and got invited to watch the Lido deck from the captains office (that had huge glass windows overlooking everything). People were eating and drinking like crazy and after a while the crew started to hand everyone buckets. I watched in horror as people were throwing up pure blood.

I looked over to the captain, and he creepily smiled and showed his vampire teeth! By that time we had set sail, and he explained that he poisoned the food and it was his way of getting a lifetime supply of blood.

I ran out of the room and peoples bodies were dropping to the floor and their ghost bodies were rising up out of them. The crew (also vampires) were cleaning up the bodies. But the most wild thing was that the ghosts were still sunbathing, swimming in the pool, and enjoying their cruise!

LOL, are you taking any drugs (prescription or otherwise) before bed? :D:D:D

LOL, are you taking any drugs (prescription or otherwise) before bed? :D:D:D

Nope. I just have really vivid, imaginative dreams. (I used to go to dream interpretation lessons and I practiced remembering them!)

Most of them could be turned into movies. :p

Nope. I just have really vivid, imaginative dreams. (I used to go to dream interpretation lessons and I practiced remembering them!)

Most of them could be turned into movies. :p

LOL, was just teasing, hope ya know. That dream was just a little too wild!

My dreams aren't really wild...although I did have a dream that I am just now remembering. We went to board a ship and it seems like it was in Louisiana (probably sometime after we did board at New Orleans), and the area was known to be haunted. We did an excursion - before boarding the ship - through some fields and it was scary to me - I think I did see/hear things! Then when we finally did get on the ship, the promenade deck had a very cold area - it was haunted on this ship too :eek: Must have been watching "ghost hunters" or something that night. Crazy. Anyway, that's about the most crazy of my dreams!

I haven't had any cruise dreams this year (at least not yet), despite cruising on the Sensation in 2 months. But last year, when I went on my first cruise, I was having them multiple times a week. Most had vague elements of cruising or ships amidst a jumble of random scenes, but a few were really vivid. For example,

I dreamt that I was on a ship, and the walls were made of gray cinder block, like a warehouse. There was dust, grime, and broken glass everywhere. Windows were smashed in, branching hallways had ominous-looking "Do Not Enter" signs, and some doors were so narrow, I had to go through them sideways. When I got to my cabin, all I found there was a prison-like bunk bed. I tried to turn on the light, but it came on very dim and shined red.

If the visuals of my dream description made you shudder, imagine my reaction when I got on the Imagination, and saw this:

7330015186_784c6b2223_n.jpg

LOL, was just teasing, hope ya know. That dream was just a little too wild!

My dreams aren't really wild...although I did have a dream that I am just now remembering. We went to board a ship and it seems like it was in Louisiana (probably sometime after we did board at New Orleans), and the area was known to be haunted. We did an excursion - before boarding the ship - through some fields and it was scary to me - I think I did see/hear things! Then when we finally did get on the ship, the promenade deck had a very cold area - it was haunted on this ship too :eek: Must have been watching "ghost hunters" or something that night. Crazy. Anyway, that's about the most crazy of my dreams!

Hah, I know!

That would be a tame, normal dream for me! Maybe I read too much Harry Potter as a kid...;)

We're booked to cruise in mid-March, and just last night I had a nightmare that we took the ferry to Virgin Gordo when the ship was in Tortola (which we're thinking of doing for real). Anyway, it was the last ferry back, and I couldn't find my husband. I had to decide if we (my two kids and myself) were going to stay on Virgin Gordo looking for him or take the ferry back to the ship without him. Luckily, I woke up before I had to make a decision!!

Last night I dreamed we were on the way to our cruise and missed it. It was a comedy of errors. Boy was I glad to wake up and find that our plans were still on track to cruise next month.

Have you ever dreamed about your cruise having a mishap?

Yes! I have had this same Nightmare! :eek:

Archived