Dreamed I missed our cruise - have you ever dreamed about your cruise?

boa toting mama

I dreamed my cats were with me in the cabin. They were in a cage, and everyone kept stopping by to admire them. Apparently, I had no problem getting them to the cruise (2 flights, 1 hotel away), but I was incredibly worried with how I was going to sneak them back through airport security. :confused:

We are flying to Santiago by way of O'Hare and Miami next Tuesday to catch the Splendor in Valparaiso for a cruise around Cape Horn and back north to Buenos Aires. In dreams I have missed every one of those connections many times. Last night I had to hitchhike from Valparaiso to Tierra del Fuego because I missed the sailing.

Back in August, my dad woke me up at 7am Saturday morning after he'd had a dream he was on the boat and someone came through and he couldn't find their passports. He immediately woke up, searched, and realized he left their passports in SanAntonio (6hrs round trip). He got to drive all day so he could board on Sunday.

Jenn (Sent from my iPhone w/ Tapatalk)

I had a lot of weird dreams about my cruise, mainly because it was my first group booking. I was dreaming people in my group missed the ship, didn't have their passport, you name it! Then the worst thing happened( in real life) my cruise got cancelled due to fire :(. I'm devastated:(!!!

I have been on CC for years and have to thank the OP for this thread! I needed validation, and I got it!

I am wondering if all of us on this post aren't the "planners" in the family...you know... the ones scouring CC at midnight to see if we missed a post on a secret cabin, checking and rechecking boarding passes, shorex details, and yes, the ubiquitous passports to be sure they are indeed still in the zippered pocket of our main travel tote.

I have had these dreams nearly every time I sail!

I don't miss the ship - I just get on and can't find the room, or we are bunking in an "open space" with dozens of other pax (yeah, I need to check in with a professional, but I haven't the disposable income because I spend it on travel!), or we are endlessly navigating some shopping area whle we keep returning to the same port, or, (I'm not kidding) the most common recurring dream of all - eeeeek - I have fogotten my formal wear and am compelled to buy something in the ship's stores - heaven forbid!

Freud probalby would have had a field day with me, but all the while, DH snores away undisturbed by any of this because he "lets" me do all that planning, and hence, all the worrying too, it seems!

Alas, I can take solace in being in such great company - it really is worth all the work, and an occasional "nightmare", isn't it?

Thanks, all, for the smile!

;););)

I have been on CC for years and have to thank the OP for this thread! I needed validation, and I got it!

I am wondering if all of us on this post aren't the "planners" in the family...you know... the ones scouring CC at midnight to see if we missed a post on a secret cabin, checking and rechecking boarding passes, shorex details, and yes, the ubiquitous passports to be sure they are indeed still in the zippered pocket of our main travel tote.

I have had these dreams nearly every time I sail!

I don't miss the ship - I just get on and can't find the room, or we are bunking in an "open space" with dozens of other pax (yeah, I need to check in with a professional, but I haven't the disposable income because I spend it on travel!), or we are endlessly navigating some shopping area whle we keep returning to the same port, or, (I'm not kidding) the most common recurring dream of all - eeeeek - I have fogotten my formal wear and am compelled to buy something in the ship's stores - heaven forbid!

Freud probalby would have had a field day with me, but all the while, DH snores away undisturbed by any of this because he "lets" me do all that planning, and hence, all the worrying too, it seems!

Alas, I can take solace in being in such great company - it really is worth all the work, and an occasional "nightmare", isn't it?

Thanks, all, for the smile!

;););)

Good point...actually I am the planner :o

I kept having this dream earlier this week that we all were at the airport ready to fly down to Miami and different things would go wrong. I lost a piece of luggage, lost part of our group, or the lines were too long at security and we missed the plane. And we don't cruise for another month. I always have dreams of things going wrong before a cruise. I'd probably worry more if I didn't have these dreams. lol

Last year was the first year that I did all of the booking myself and I was so nervous for a week prior for fear I forgot to do something. About 3 nights before we were to leave, I dremt that we go to the airport and I realized that I forgot all of our papers! I woke up with a thought of fear! It turned out to be silly because everything was perfect!

Just dreamed last night that my DH and I boarded the ship and my husband had not packed any of my clothes/shoes. I started crying as I always go shopping and have some fun new things to wear.

Now actually I would never trust him to pack for me. As you can see our cruise is just over a week away. Normally I dream that I have forgotten the Bonine and sea bands.

After all the Triumph news coverage we'll probably all be dreaming about ship problems.

Archived