Carnival Triumph - Photos - Tents - Sewage Bags

Feelin' Nauti'

Water from what? LOL. The density here is rising rapidly.

And that is an end table. Ew. Man, they might as well 2.0 that floating hazmat dumpster now, with all the work they're gonna have to do.

Ummm. Water from....maybe...the SPRINKLER SYSTEM that came on and put out the fire??? Or did you think that the water miraculously sucked itself off the floors and back into the pipes after the fire was out? Same thinking as the great idea that Carnival has big ole empty "taxi" ships floating around that should have sailed onto the scene to transfer the passengers onto and whisk them home.

My opinion only - don't care if you agree or not.

If I were on this cruise, I'd be thanking my lucky stars that the fire didn't take hold and we ended up floating and bobbing in the ocean hoping someone would come soon and pick us up.

I'd be thankful that the crew were working Extra hard to try and make things good for the passengers.

Yes, I'd prefer to have my nice cruisy cruise, with aircon and flushing loos and abundant food - but I also appreciate the fire being put out and being still well and alive as were my fellow cabin mates.

For those who have posted that they want a refund for furture cruises they have booked with Carnival but other ships, if you feel that your life is in threat then don't go on the cruise- surely you're willing to forgo the cruise and stuff the money in order to feel safe and know you won't be hurt or worse? Thats the concern isn't it? why you want to cancel?

Sorry but if I felt my life or my family's life was in threat due to a cruiseline (or airline etc) then I'd say stuff the money its not worth it.

I shall continue to cruise on whichever cruiseline best suits my itinerary.

Off my soapbox And happy cruising.

I couldnt eat an onion sandwich. :mad: I feel bad for those people, for the children, babies, elderly.

I dont know if I would be able to go on a cruise after that. I have no idea what I would do because I didnt experience it.

I grew up eating radish and mayonnaise sandwich's. They are actually pretty good.

Also, for a treat we had potato chip sandwich's.

I turned out ok, a little adversity won't kill you.

I'm absolutely ashamed for some of those of you who have made comments that suggest this cruise was anything but horrid and unacceptable. Where is your sense of compassion and humanity and when did you lose it?

When they picked up their pom poms. Most people who post that it was not so bad and how they got free stuff out of it would be raising holy hell after they saw the first turd float by. Let's face it, it was disgusting and Carnival had no back up plan or even any idea how to deal with it. It looks like Haiti after the earthquake.

I loved the picture of Gerry Cahill on the ship...it makes me wish I could read his mind!

I thought his concern was very genuine. I hate to use the term "broken man," but I really got the impression he was very upset about what had happened.

Iwonder if his deep concern and genuine caring compelled him to return any of the $90,000,000.00 bonus he got last year.

Thinking the same thing basically!

ss-130215-carnival-cruise-03.ss_full.jpg

Kendall Jenkins, left, of Houston, celebrates with Brittany Ferguson, of Houston (AP photo)

gss-130214-carnival-907p.ss_full.jpg

Kendall Jenkins of Houston kisses the ground after stepping off the Carnival ship Triumph (Getty Images photo)

ss-130215-carnival-cruise-02.ss_full.jpg

Veronica Arriaga, of Angleton, Texas (AP photo)

Thats AWESOME

God Bless the Crew and all they did for the guests!!!

WOW!!!

Looks like many made the best out of what they were presented with -- lemonade from lemons!!!

Galveston is my home port and I will cruise again and even on the Triumph when she returns!!! I know things happen and even fixes break again...

Pay thousands of dollars? All passengers on Triumph will be refunded all money and get a credit in that amount for their next cruise AND they are getting $500 a piece. So in essence, it didn't cost them a dime to go on this adventure.

just loss of work, travel costs, *which in our case would not be covered with the $500.. due to where we live.. the four days of "camping" - which depending on what type of person you are could be fun.. or a nightmare.

t

When they picked up their pom poms. Most people who post that it was not so bad and how they got free stuff out of it would be raising holy hell after they saw the first turd float by. Let's face it, it was disgusting and Carnival had no back up plan or even any idea how to deal with it. It looks like Haiti after the earthquake.

Wow. I rarely post but had to log on to comment on your last sentence. That is so incredibly ignorant to liken this incident to Haiti after the earthquake. 230,000+ people DIED in Haiti's 2010 quake and aftermath. I little water on the floor and mattresses in the hallway is no where close to looking "like Haiti after the earthquake." Also, show me one picture, just one, of a "turd floating by." I haven't seen anything to confirm that was actually happening so please enlighten me. Thanks.

This:

carnival_triumph1.jpg?w=610

DOES NOT =

This:

haiti30.jpg

I'm absolutely ashamed for some of those of you who have made comments that suggest this cruise was anything but horrid and unacceptable. Where is your sense of compassion and humanity and when did you lose it?

You must have led a very sheltered life. Soldiers on routine training deal with less comfortable situations.

You have obviously never see what 'horrid' really looks like.

This is a cruise forum. People expect, and pay, to have a fabulous vacation. Comparing what these people faced for five days with a third world situation is simply ridiculous.

If people can rationalise that these people didn't have a horrid time, simply because third world situations exist, then why bother with cruises in the first place. We should just content ourselves with staying home on the basis that there are worse conditions elsewhere in the world.

In the last decade there have been 100 fires reported aboard cruise ships of all stripes (source CBC News report). The fire suppression plan aboard Triumph worked. A cruise ship sank 100 years ago, does this mean that any sinking is foreseeable?

100 engine room fires? Cool story, bruh.

What was forseeable was being without power for a few days. Doesn't seem like Carnival learned from the Splendor disaster two years ago.

Could have been much worse. Just think people all around the world live in conditions much worse than these everyday!

People around the world living in similar conditions live in poor third world countries. They didn't pay upwards of thousands of dollars to live that way. Yes, it could have been worse but tell that to the people who lived through it. Some of them were hoping for the vacation of a lifetime. Some of them probably had to sacrifice and save for this cruise. Besides that how do we know there won't be any long term effects from having been exposed to such hazardous conditions?

I know this might sound heartless but I couldn't help but to chuckle when I saw the tent city. I kept thinking how funny it would be if the same people who fight and go to crazy extremes to get the good deck chairs so they could sit in one all day are the ones that were complaining about having to sleep on the deck.

Because they couldn't WASH utensils

they had to us plastic

:eek:

First I've seen this on a cruise ship

580919_484413651619995_310296373_n.jpg

Onion Sandwiches

382369_484414508286576_1125843769_n.jpg

Not sure if you've seen this article. I saw it posted on another thread. The writer gives a detailed explanation about the "onion sandwiches."

As for the reports of onion sandwiches' date=' about 1:00 that afternoon the Sunday the buffet was opened. The kitchen staff had managed to put together some sandwiches accompanied by fruit and salad. We waited in line for quite awhile and when we finally reached the sandwiches we saw that people had been using the tongs to open up the sandwiches to get the single slice of meat and add that it to their own sandwich - leaving an empty bun with a piece of lettuce and the slice of onion behind. I had to search through the empty buns to find a sandwich with meat in it and I was lucky enough to get the only good one left. The idea that the crew served us onion sandwiches is just not true, what is true is that some people are more selfish than you expect. After that the crew started serving us the food rather than trusting the passengers to be fair. [/i']

[/url]

Edited to remove the link to another cruising website, which I think is against CC guidelines. Sorry bout that. Google Carnival Triumph What Really Happened by Paul Motter and you'll find the info, which includes a lengthy description of the food and conditions on board.

My opinion only - don't care if you agree or not.

If I were on this cruise, I'd be thanking my lucky stars that the fire didn't take hold and we ended up floating and bobbing in the ocean hoping someone would come soon and pick us up.

I'd be thankful that the crew were working Extra hard to try and make things good for the passengers.

Yes, I'd prefer to have my nice cruisy cruise, with aircon and flushing loos and abundant food - but I also appreciate the fire being put out and being still well and alive as were my fellow cabin mates.

For those who have posted that they want a refund for furture cruises they have booked with Carnival but other ships, if you feel that your life is in threat then don't go on the cruise- surely you're willing to forgo the cruise and stuff the money in order to feel safe and know you won't be hurt or worse? Thats the concern isn't it? why you want to cancel?

Sorry but if I felt my life or my family's life was in threat due to a cruiseline (or airline etc) then I'd say stuff the money its not worth it.

I shall continue to cruise on whichever cruiseline best suits my itinerary.

Off my soapbox And happy cruising.

Well said.

Im going back to page 1, the picture of the 1 red bag and the caption read

"Hallways lined with buckets filled with waste" I would think if the poster was trying to show what the hallway looked like they could have easily taken a picture of the hallway, not just 1 red bag. My guess, there was only one and the poster is exaggerating. All other accounts were saying that their awesome cabin stewards were removing the bags as soon as they were put out.

Archived