Hawaii 2015?

Marie50

From past experience, which ship will be best to use for Hawaii? Sapphire, Grand or Star?? I know it is a long way away and it is not even posted yet, but I want to go early 2015. Thanks

Since the itineraries have not come out yet, it is impossible to predict which ships would do the Hawaii itinerary. As of now, or September 2013, Elua will be on the Star and that would be the added benefit of sailing on the Star.

Princess could still change its mind and change things around. You will have to wait a little longer to see what ships will actually sail the Hawaii itinerary.

Wouldn't it be nice if ONE DAY Princess started doing one way to Hawaii which included a pre or post cruise hotel stay. Also going back to the 5 ports instead of 4. Hey Princess you have hotels in Alaska why not build one in Hawaii. Just wishful thinking on my part. :)

Wouldn't it be nice if ONE DAY Princess started doing one way to Hawaii which included a pre or post cruise hotel stay. Also going back to the 5 ports instead of 4. Hey Princess you have hotels in Alaska why not build one in Hawaii. Just wishful thinking on my part. :)

The days of cheap airfare are gone, so this makes these 14 day trips more attractive to many. Also, ships would have to leave from Ensenada due to PVSA which was a logistical nightmare getting a bunch of passengers to fly to US airports and then bus them to Ensenada. I think you'll see hawaii trips to/from Vancouver before mexico. HAL does a few of these each year.

It is a nice way to see the Islands but 4 days is just too short and you have mostly sea days. I liked it better when you had the 5 port days. There is always the chance you could miss a port, if it is a tender port, due to weather. If you love sea days you will love the cruise.

The days of cheap airfare are gone, so this makes these 14 day trips more attractive to many. Also, ships would have to leave from Ensenada due to PVSA which was a logistical nightmare getting a bunch of passengers to fly to US airports and then bus them to Ensenada. I think you'll see hawaii trips to/from Vancouver before mexico. HAL does a few of these each year.

As someone who hates flying, I would prefer the round trips too. And I'm one of the many who stay on board in Ensenada. I would hate to have to ride a bus into Ensenada just to go on a cruise (and I still can't get the reasoning of one cruise line that does the RT from the west coast but takes the passengers off in Ensenada and buses them up to San Diego).

As someone who hates flying' date=' I would prefer the round trips too. And I'm one of the many who stay on board in Ensenada. I would hate to have to ride a bus into Ensenada just to go on a cruise (and I still can't get the reasoning of one cruise line that does the RT from the west coast but takes the passengers off in Ensenada and buses them up to San Diego).[/quote']

I think its an attempt to differentiate themselves from other lines that do RT from the west coast and spend 8 or 9 days at sea. That same cruise line is bringing their big solstice class vessel out west to help, we'll see how it works. X also has an easy time re positioning an ensenada based ship to Seattle for Alaskan Cruises.

For what its worth, say what you will about NCL, their hawaii product is great. No days at sea and 2 days on the big island, kawaii, and maui.

I think its an attempt to differentiate themselves from other lines that do RT from the west coast and spend 8 or 9 days at sea. That same cruise line is bringing their big solstice class vessel out west to help, we'll see how it works. X also has an easy time re positioning an ensenada based ship to Seattle for Alaskan Cruises.

For what its worth, say what you will about NCL, their hawaii product is great. No days at sea and 2 days on the big island, kawaii, and maui.

Personally I'm interested in the ship as the destination. With the NCLa cruises, the ship is more of a traveling hotel, rather than the destination. So if Hawaii was the the main idea of a vacation for us, as it was on our honeymoon (and my first trip to Hawaii, long before deciding to take my first cruise), we would fly (my white knuckles and all) to Hawaii and spend a few days at one place and then fly to another place to spend a few more days. Then it's all about Hawaii (except for the ten or so hours in flight and the time spent at the airports).

I can't imagine that NCL has the sea day program that Princess has since it doesn't have the sea days. Those are the days that truly relax me, whether it's participating in a trivia match, learning how to make leis or dance the hula, reading a chick lit book, watching a movie on the big screen...all things I did on my Hawaiian cruise last December (which was my third time on the same itinerary on Princess).

And is Kawaii Kauai or Oahu?

Pacific Princess, April 23rd 2014 Honolulu to Vancouver

From past experience, which ship will be best to use for Hawaii? Sapphire, Grand or Star?? I know it is a long way away and it is not even posted yet, but I want to go early 2015. Thanks

Hi, Sapphire is listed in Australian ports in winter 2014/15(http://www.sydneyports.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/18801/Passenger_Vessel_Schedule_Final_v220._18_Feb_2013.pdf - look from Dec. 2014) because Diamond operates in Asia. ;)

So I would say Crown, Star and Grand Princess offer cruises to Hawaii in 2014/15! :)

• 7 months later...
There is no way of knowing this. ELUA renews their contract on a yearly basis. 2015 is much too far away to predict anything at this stage. Ask this question in a year from now...

And hey, I booked a Golden sailing this past spring in large part because Elua was due to be onboard. At more or less the last minute, they were reassigned to sailings out of Japan. Too late to change ships.

And, I don't know, maybe it was the quality of their replacements, but I found hula lessons and lei-making less fun than I'd thought they'd be, anyway...

We have booked the Star out of San Fran for 27 Feb 2015. I believe the Grand is doing the LA round trip for early 2015

We decided on the departure port rather than the ship. We want to spend a few days in San Fran before the cruise.

The 2015 cruises to Hawaii are posted, we have booked for Feb 27, 2015 RT SF to Hawaii. It will be our 4th Hawaiian cruise...and our fourth ship. We sailed 2 time from LA and this will be our second time from SF. We prefer SF as I have family there and we come out a week early.

We have sailed on the Island, Diamond, Grand and the next cruise will be on the Star. There are always rough seas and cool weather the first/last day of the cruise...but the ships all handle it well.

We love the sea days and all the activities that Princess offers on the ship, we are never bored. Its true you don't get a lot of time in the ports in Hawaii, but you get a good feel for the islands and which ones you like best...then you can plan an island trip if you don't mind the long flights.

Arlene

Archived