Our daughter's wedding- Carnival Victory

Our daughter chose the Carnival Victory for their wedding and reception. We also chose to cruise with them at the last minute and take some pictures - so here we go!

As soon as our last guest arrived we boarded about 10:45. Most of the guests headed for a buffet lunch and we went to our "cocoon" to watch the metamorphosis.

IMG_0845-001_zpsf98fa672.jpg

Almost done

IMG_0861_zpsa4573668.jpg

The ceremony was held in the Ionian Room

IMG_0878-001_zpse64fbe89.jpg

I am sooooo EXCITED to see this post! I am a Carnival Victory bride, big date is coming up in July and have not had any luck finding very much information, other brides, or pictures. Keep it coming! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see and read more! And congratulations to your daughter!

I'm excited to read this review!

I am sooooo EXCITED to see this post! I am a Carnival Victory bride, big date is coming up in July and have not had any luck finding very much information, other brides, or pictures. Keep it coming! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see and read more! And congratulations to your daughter!

You were the first person I thought of when I saw this!

Wow, could your daughter be any more beautiful?! She looked absolutely stunning, what a gorgeous bride! And your son in law...is it me, or does he look a little like Mario Lopez?! :) Congrats again!! Thank you SO MUCH for those pictures. I am also scheduled to be married in the Ionian Room, and have NOT been able to find any good pictures of it, other than the mural behind the bar. That is awesome for me to be able to see what it looked like for a real couple during their ceremony. Our ceremony is in the club because we have the DJ, and I've seen lots of pictures of there, but I was having a really hard time visioning the ceremony location. You are a life savor, thank you so much!

I have a few questions if you have the time to answer them :)

I see your daughter has the standard bouquet, and ceremony decorations...do you think she felt that was adequate? I am not planning on doing much else...besides showing up...so I wanted to know what another brides opinion was.

Did you think the Ionian Room smelled like Cigar? (It's also the cigar bar, isn't it?)

How was the boarding process for you guys...go smoothly?

Overall what was your impression of the ship? I know it's an older, but nicer, ship...I've seen a lot of mixed reviews!

I'm sure I have more questions, but that's all I can think of at the moment because I keep going back and looking at the pictures of the beautiful couple...so really, ANY information you care to share would be MUCH appreciated. I have been desperate to find another bride on these boards! Thanks again!

WOOOOOOOOOOOW, they are such a Nice looking Couple.. and Let me say this AGAIN!!!!!!!! Thank You for your PIX.. U got a nice close up, of the food, and just everything.. I cant wait to read & See more..

I was thinking the same thing! I wonder is the food layout the same for all weddings with hot and cold hors d'oeuvres?

lol, Heey... They can be a lil different.. Like if You pick different items. Do an add up/on... But pretty much I THINK its the same from what I have seen, and the two different list I get to pick from..

I was thinking the same thing! I wonder is the food layout the same for all weddings with hot and cold hors d'oeuvres?

That is pretty much the universal layout on all the ships. I got married on the Pride and it's spot on--except we didn't have the ice sculpture. I think it was some kind of statue instead.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments ! I'll try to answer some questions based on our subjective experience. Our daughter was happy with the decorations as supplied and we really didn't detect cigar or cigarette smoke. Boarding at the port was great- as soon as the last guest arrived-we boarded together. One gripe from my daughter was some of the guest were slow to RSVP with their info. All guests need passport, driver's license or birth certificate sent to the bride in advance ! Do it early to avoid stress.We cruised on this ship when it was new in 2000 and it seems to be holding its on.

IMG_1043_zps86549988.jpg

I think the hor's d'oeuvres are the same across the fleet , like the dinner menus.

IMG_0985_zps3f395545.jpg

We had lots of leftovers that could't leave the room but the cake could !

IMG_0999-001_zps9ca0e79b.jpg

It seemed that groom fever was contagious

IMG_0989_zpsb8a16fd6.jpg

• 1 month later...
Our daughter chose the Carnival Victory for their wedding and reception. We also chose to cruise with them at the last minute and take some pictures - so here we go!

As soon as our last guest arrived we boarded about 10:45. Most of the guests headed for a buffet lunch and we went to our "cocoon" to watch the metamorphosis.

IMG_0845-001_zpsf98fa672.jpg

Almost done

IMG_0861_zpsa4573668.jpg

The ceremony was held in the Ionian Room

IMG_0878-001_zpse64fbe89.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you all spend on pictures and how many pictures did you get (or what was included in your package)? Or did you only take your own photos and not bother with those from Carnival?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting. Our daughter is getting married on the Fascination. Are these the standard decorations? She wants to do some decorating but I was not sure what she's working with. Thanks.

We did the basic package for our daughter and Carnival did an amazing job. They even had sushi and an ice sculpture. Just fabulous. We are Royal Loyals and were leary of Carnival, but we were wrong. We couldn't have been more satisfied!

Best Wishes.

Did you buy any special decoration packages apart for the wedding package? Just curious - we are getting marry in Oct 2013 and I am just going through all the paper work to make some crucial decisions. Could you comment on the music as well? Thank you for your time to answer my questions.

Archived