Copenhagen-Christiana

Does any one have information about a walking tour of Christiana? Rick Steve's guidbook indicates it is the third most visited place in Copenhagen by tourists. There are no ship tours there and I've not seen any discussion about this interesting part of the city. Is it safe to go there?

I was curious if anyone could provide advice about it

Does any one have information about a walking tour of Christiana? Rick Steve's guidbook indicates it is the third most visited place in Copenhagen by tourists. There are no ship tours there and I've not seen any discussion about this interesting part of the city. Is it safe to go there?

I was curious if anyone could provide advice about it

Are you familiar with that Christiana is? I guess you could call it a hippie compound, or at least it started off that way back in the 70's. Kind of a place where you can buy/sell drugs, and not worry about being arrested. It's not legal, but the government, despite threats, have never done anything about it. I guess you can call it a small free community. People seem to enjoy visiting out of curiosity, or maybe to get high and not get busted. I am sure the people there don't mind if you walk around, as they are used to being watched by tourist. Copenhagen is an extremely safe city, even in Christiana. Still, I probably wouldn't want to visit at night.

Archived