coconut beach club

staruser

This looks perfect. We've been to both Valley Church and Jolly and weren't thrilled with the bar/food selection at either, although the beaches were ok. We'll be trying this one next. Thanks for the info

We were here 2 weeks ago. It was fabulous! Food, bar, beach...everything was perfect. And clean. If you have kids, they would probably be bored, but for us it was the perfect beach day to read and relax. Enjoy!:)

• 2 weeks later...
We just got back from our cruise and we went to the Coconut Beach club and enjoyed our day there. Yes, you have have Pina Coladas!

I am going to go through my photos that I took that day and post some on this thread.

Arlene

Hi, Thanks for the info and pictures, it looks like a beautiful place to spend the day. We'll be in Antigua next Tuesday and I'm wondering does the $45 include lunch, drinks and access or just access to the resort?

Thanks!

Hi, Thanks for the info and pictures, it looks like a beautiful place to spend the day. We'll be in Antigua next Tuesday and I'm wondering does the $45 include lunch, drinks and access or just access to the resort?

Thanks!

It includes food/drink too.

Thanks!

Yes, the fee includes all the above; the Pina Colado's were tasty. It also includes tips and they will give you a beach towel for the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Love loved Coconut Beach Club...truly Paradise

Drinks were great and strong...try the coconut martini yum

food was Island style and tasty : beer battered fried fish,

chicken and more , salads etc

it is so laid back and comfortable...NO Kids Yay

Very few people , mostly middle aged Brits and some Americans

I was in Antiqua last sept, did the "Gordon" tour and was not happy

Antiqua is bumpy and not that tropical....my backyard is more tropical

It honestly looks like Northern or Central Florida *Ocala>? and really run down with lots of burglar bars and poor skinny dogs

Scenic?? Not so much ....I liked the short cheap ride to from Coconut Beach Club, the friendly people, lovely beach, lack of crowds

Best of all...only ONE vendor a nice lady with her stuff spread on a blanket who apparently is not supposed to bother people which she did NOT

Valley Church Beach was a horror last Sept....crowded overpriced nest bar with greasy food, NO conch in conch fritters, $4 for a diet pepsi..and scores of annoying vendors

The Nelson's dockyard was ONLY ok for $12 ..nothing I would ever do again then I am not particularly interested in British Navy LOL

Coconut beach was THE best ever ever....everyone with me raved and loved it - you can see how uncrowded it was :)

event_225675742.jpeg

event_225675752.jpeg

event_225675782.jpeg

event_225675802.jpeg

event_225675812.jpeg

wanted to go here.Cab driver was taking us to another coconut beach with no hotel.I found out in time and other people on bus taxi were going to Valley Church Beach and Nest Bar,so decided to go to VCB and it was beautiful,not crowded on the day we went this month.Will go to Coconut Beach next time,but loved VCB.Not crowded,free wifi,beer,$3.00,conch fritters,really good.:)

What great info! I've been looking at various option for Antigua since it's our first trip coming up in June. This looks great.

Since there's no umbrellas, a question...I suppose you could easily enough move a beach chair under the shade of the trees? They look plentiful in the beautiful photos. My fair skin just can't take much of that hot Caribbean sun.

What great info! I've been looking at various option for Antigua since it's our first trip coming up in June. This looks great.

Since there's no umbrellas, a question...I suppose you could easily enough move a beach chair under the shade of the trees? They look plentiful in the beautiful photos. My fair skin just can't take much of that hot Caribbean sun.

They have Palupas on the beach you can move under

or under the trees

you can move chairs around

it is very laid back :) Enjoy

Parrot, I've been considering an itinerary with this island for NYE. Your pictures sealed the deal! Thanks for sharing!

Have fun Beachlover! I would definately go back there the next time I am in Antigua.

• 2 weeks later...

Are children not allowed here? We have been to Nachi Cocum several times and are looking for something comparable. Our 10yo son has autism and we try to stay away from the party/drinking atmospheres, and he prefers a pool to the ocean.

I posted this on our roll call, but thought others might be interested, too.

I was wondering if reservations were required for Coconut Beach in Antigua. I wrote to them asking about what was included in the price, the need for reservations, and the availability of lounge chairs. I thought I would post her response for those with the same questions. This is her response:

- We provide a day pass at a cost of US$ 45.00 per person beginning at 10:00 am. This price includes Buffet Lunch, all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at the bar by the glass during the day, use of the pool, beach, beach loungers, tennis facilities, all local taxes and gratuities.

- We ask that you confirm your booking with us beforehand so that we can make the appropriate preparations. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American express and Discover cards along with cash. The lounge chairs are available for use on the beach so there is no need to reserve one.

Delvanice Williams

Coconut Beach Club

Yepton Estate P O Box 1427

St John's Antigua West Indies

Toll free: 1 877 385 6517 (USA & Canada Only)

Tel: (268) 462-3239 Fax: (268) 462-3240

E-mail: reservations@coconutbeachclub.com