coconut beach club

staruser

• 3 weeks later...
DSC_7694_zps6dffdd5e.jpg

Parrot, I've been considering an itinerary with this island for NYE. Your pictures sealed the deal! Thanks for sharing!

We may see you on the beach the day you are there. We sail the NYE cruise on the Summit and will be in Antigua the same day as you. I was thinking of going to Valley Church Beach or Darkwood, but now I am leaning towards the Coconut Beach Club for the day.

• 2 weeks later...
What is on their lunch buffet? Also, do they have margaritas, pina coladas, etc. ?

Thanks!

From what I have read, the menu for lunch changes from day to day. As for the drinks, I have read that beer selection is limited (one or 2 types), but yes and yes to margaritas and pina coladas.

• 3 weeks later...

I've booked it based on what I read in this forum. I will report back at the end of September. They confirmed everything that is written, $45, lunch, drinks, pool, chairs, tips, etc. I was told to pay when I arrive. They take credit cards. They open at 10:00am. I promise to post pictures and a review. If there is something particular you want photographed (please family rated photo's only) I will do so. I will take the usual pictures of the beach, buffet, bar, pool, and anything else you might suggest.

I've booked it based on what I read in this forum. I will report back at the end of September. They confirmed everything that is written, $45, lunch, drinks, pool, chairs, tips, etc. I was told to pay when I arrive. They take credit cards. They open at 10:00am. I promise to post pictures and a review. If there is something particular you want photographed (please family rated photo's only) I will do so. I will take the usual pictures of the beach, buffet, bar, pool, and anything else you might suggest.

I am looking forward to your review and pictures of Coconut beach since we will be there a couple of months after you and I have it booked in advance as well. Please be sure to let us know what food they had for you on your day (I hear it does change daily) and how it was - photos of the food would be nice too. I am also interested in what drinks are available. I have heard that they only have 1 beer type available. If you can let us know what choices they have for beer, wine, blended ice drinks, other drinks...it would really be appreciated. I don't think they have a hot tub, but if they do..photo please. Any hammocks around to laze around in? Please let us know. I hope you have an amazing day at Coconut.

• 2 weeks later...
I think you just sealed the deal for us. This sounds perfect for the two of us. How much was transportation there & how far is it from the cruise port?

Although I haven't been yet, from what I gather it is approximately 10-15 minutes from the pier. There is 4 in my group that will be visiting, and from what I gather, a taxi will run $15 one-way for all of us. It costs $3 per person, ata 4:00pm for the return trip. Our ship departs at 5:00, so we will travel back just after 4:00 to catch the reduced rate. If you leave the resort before 4:00, I assume it would be the same rate as the morning rate.

We went last April and thought is well worth the trip and the money, as I recall it was 10- 15 minutes . Don't remember the exact cost but it was very reasonable. There was 6 of us. Lunch was VERY good and plentiful. Drinks were okay Beer was draft and served in a plastic cup . Free flowing. My wife did want a Strawberry Daiquiri but no mix for it. She did make her a Coconut something that was YUMMY actually several of them. The place is just beautiful and we had blast. They do have free wi-fi if anyone cares you have to sit in one area. The pool is nice as well.

We all went to the beach and sat under a shaded area or the guys did and the women soaked up the sun . The bar was very close by so no a long walk to get more drinks. I would go back in a heartbeat . They treated us very nice just like we were guest of the hotel. :):)

There ended up being like 12 or so of us from our CC that went. Another group of 6 came out after we did and spent the day as well.

We also asked our cabbie to come back for us a set time and he was there . Well not the guy that brought us , but another guy was there and waiting.

Edited by frito58

• 1 month later...

We will be going here in Jan. Do they supply beach towels?? When is lunch served?? Many thanks for any other info. We are on the Carnival Freedom (1/11/14). Looking forward to a nice time at the resort!! John & Priscilla :)

We will be going here in Jan. Do they supply beach towels?? When is lunch served?? Many thanks for any other info. We are on the Carnival Freedom (1/11/14). Looking forward to a nice time at the resort!! John & Priscilla :)

I just looked back at picture of our group and they did provide us towels either that or we all bought the same striped towels lol and they weren't ship towels . Lunch was noonish give or take and was very good. You wont regret booking this they were very nice.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Frito58 is correct, they do supply towels. They are white with green stripes instead of blue stripes like the ship. Lunch starts at 12:30 and ended at 2:30. Be ready to eat at 12:30 because they, the resort guests, swarm the food. We ate at 2:00 and it was still hot and good.

• 1 month later...
Frito58 is correct, they do supply towels. They are white with green stripes instead of blue stripes like the ship. Lunch starts at 12:30 and ended at 2:30. Be ready to eat at 12:30 because they, the resort guests, swarm the food. We ate at 2:00 and it was still hot and good.

Hi, I was wondering if you can give us a short review of your visit at CBC in September.

Thanks, Mike

Hi, I was wondering if you can give us a short review of your visit at CBC in September.

Thanks, Mike

CBC is for those that want rest and relaxation. It is not a resort where you would expect jet ski's, parasailing, etc. I don't recall any kids, but that doesn't mean they are not welcomed. It was a slightly older crowd as the resort guests are mainly from the UK. Very friendly guests and the staff as well. The beach is well maintained and you are sure to find shells if you like to beachcomb. There is no need for water shoes as the sand and sea is perfect. There are plenty of lounge chairs and shade. The drinks at the bar are not "watered down" but not overly strong, just right. I don't know what kind of beer or wine they carry because we were happy just drinking pina cooladas. The pool is fantastic, fresh water, which is a nice change from swimming in sea water pools. The restrooms/changing rooms are very big and clean. The food was fantastic comparable to what you would get on the ship. We arrived at CBC shortly after 10:00am and left at 4:00. That was plenty of time for us. I have not read a bad review of CBC on this board and I am happy I booked it and stayed. If I return to Antigua again, I would stay at CBC again. To me, CBC is what vacation is all about, rest and relaxation!

CBC is for those that want rest and relaxation. It is not a resort where you would expect jet ski's, parasailing, etc. I don't recall any kids, but that doesn't mean they are not welcomed. It was a slightly older crowd as the resort guests are mainly from the UK. Very friendly guests and the staff as well. The beach is well maintained and you are sure to find shells if you like to beachcomb. There is no need for water shoes as the sand and sea is perfect. There are plenty of lounge chairs and shade. The drinks at the bar are not "watered down" but not overly strong, just right. I don't know what kind of beer or wine they carry because we were happy just drinking pina cooladas. The pool is fantastic, fresh water, which is a nice change from swimming in sea water pools. The restrooms/changing rooms are very big and clean. The food was fantastic comparable to what you would get on the ship. We arrived at CBC shortly after 10:00am and left at 4:00. That was plenty of time for us. I have not read a bad review of CBC on this board and I am happy I booked it and stayed. If I return to Antigua again, I would stay at CBC again. To me, CBC is what vacation is all about, rest and relaxation!

Thank you for the quick reply and review! We will give it a try in December.

That sounds fantastic. We will be visiting Coconut Beach Resort on New Year's Day on the Celebrity Summit. We have some busy running around tour days planned, so this sounds like a nice relaxing day to have between some busier port days. We are really looking forward to our day at CBC.