coconut beach club

staruser

Thanks! They emailed me back today and I'm confirmed! Can't wait to relax there.

I see you are sailing on the Quantum April 15. I am considering booking this cruise. I also travel solo. I plan on buying a certificate on my Nov 14 b2b cruise on the Explorer cruise, and hope there are still reasonably priced cabins left, If I book, I'll join roll call.

We just came off the Explorer of the Seas yesterday, and purchased the day passes for Coconut Beach Club on November 9th. Here's the rundown:

*Emailed them from the ship on the 7th, requesting day passes for the 9th

*They responded on the 8th to confirm--$45/pp, starting at 10 AM

*Private cab was $6/pp each way. Driver gave us tour commentary along the way; approx 20 minute drive. We requested that the driver return for us at 3:00 PM; she was punctual.

*Checked in (cash or credit cards ok). Towels provided, and exchanged for clean ones as needed.

*Beach: Clean, private; very pretty, with loungers, shaded areas under trees and wooden palapas. NO vendors.

*Pool: clean, very pretty; quiet.

*Property: lovely outdoor dining areas both in sun and covered, bar, decks with comfy loungers. Outdoor "living room" with TV, couches, chairs. Outdoor shower, large bathrooms/changing rooms. Grounds were nicely landscaped

*Drinks: very good; friendly barman.

*Food: pretty good: salads, burgers, pasta, desserts. I was expecting something more in the way of BBQ chicken/fish. Maybe because it was a Saturday?

*Service: Excellent! Very friendly treatment in every way.

This is not a splashy/luxurious resort; it is small and very peaceful. We enjoyed this beach day very much, and would definitely do it again!

Teddie

Edited by teddie

Disregard my post about me having reservations already for the day pass. I could have swore I reserved online but I can't find any record of it and their website doesn't list day passes so I guess I'll just show up. They say the mind is the first thing to go & I've been losing mine for awhile. LOL

Edited by AZ Karaoke Girl

Disregard my post about me having reservations already for the day pass. I could have swore I reserved online but I can't find any record of it and their website doesn't list day passes so I guess I'll just show up. They say the mind is the first thing to go & I've been losing mine for awhile. LOL

We e-mailed and got a prompt reply back the next day to reserve. They said they like to know the number of people arriving that day to use the area so that they make the appropriate amount of food (it is only a small resort). As a courtesy, I would e-mail and make a reservation. I do not know if they permit people to just show up without a reservation. You can contact Delvanice Williams [reservations@coconutbeachclub.com]

Hope you enjoy it. We will be there on New Year's Day and are looking forward to it.

We e-mailed and got a prompt reply back the next day to reserve. They said they like to know the number of people arriving that day to use the area so that they make the appropriate amount of food (it is only a small resort). As a courtesy, I would e-mail and make a reservation. I do not know if they permit people to just show up without a reservation. You can contact Delvanice Williams [reservations@coconutbeachclub.com]

Hope you enjoy it. We will be there on New Year's Day and are looking forward to it.

Thanks Russ. I will do that. I usually like having pre-arranged reservations since I'm such a planner. My cruise isn't until next May and I've had this planned for a couple months already.:) Looking forward to it.

Russ, thank you for your very thorough and helpful review. We are looking forward to spending a day at CB next April.

I think you may have meant to thank teddie for their review since I have not yet been to Coconut Beach Resort (but I will be there in 6 weeks:D).

I hope you have a great experience there in April.

I think you may have meant to thank teddie for their review since I have not yet been to Coconut Beach Resort (but I will be there in 6 weeks:D).

I hope you have a great experience there in April.

Yes indeed! I appreciate you catching that. Russ, be sure to report back too.

Thank you Teddie, your information is very helpful. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'll start uploading photos tonight (maybe) and start my cruise review soon. Will post my pics here.

I enjoyed Coconut Beach Club. Food and drinks were very good; beach wasn't as good as I'd hoped (rough surf, cloudy, and hardly any lounge chairs). Pool was very nice but quite cool.

The only other beach I'd visited was Long Bay, which was really, really gorgeous, so I don't have a lot to compare it to.

Would I return? Probably. Would I recommend it? Yes!

I'll start uploading photos tonight (maybe) and start my cruise review soon. Will post my pics here.

I enjoyed Coconut Beach Club. Food and drinks were very good; beach wasn't as good as I'd hoped (rough surf, cloudy, and hardly any lounge chairs). Pool was very nice but quite cool.

The only other beach I'd visited was Long Bay, which was really, really gorgeous, so I don't have a lot to compare it to.

Would I return? Probably. Would I recommend it? Yes!

Looking forward to your pictures. We just booked. Note the rate is going up for 2014 to $50. But it still seems worth it to me. Should be a nice relaxing day.

Looking forward to your pictures. We just booked. Note the rate is going up for 2014 to $50. But it still seems worth it to me. Should be a nice relaxing day.

We have this booked for New Year's day, so I am assuming since we already booked, we qualify for the $45 rate that it was when I reserved it. Where did you read the rate was going up to $50? I could not find it mentioned on their website.

Just to note, our excursion for March to Stingray City in Grand Cayman just jumped from $35 to $39. Once again, they are honoring our original price quote though. Must be that time of year where everybody puts up their prices for the new year by $5.

Oh, and I used my credit card to pay when we arrived. Just checked my account activity last night and I had no currency exchange charges on any of the purchases/tours.

I know people are concerned about that, but I had none. Don't know if it's the card I use (Chase Visa) or whether it's because the island currencies are tied to the USD.

Something to consider if you don't like to carry a wad of cash. I don't!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a lovely day there last week on the Emerald Princess 11/29 sailing. Although quoted $45 per person, were charged $50. No big deal to us. Beach was beautiful, resort was quiet, fresh fish for lunch was delicious and drinks were plentiful (although not made with top brand liquor). Would I return? ABSOLUTELY! Would I recommend? ABSOLUTELY!

Had a lovely day there last week on the Emerald Princess 11/29 sailing. Although quoted $45 per person, were charged $50. No big deal to us. Beach was beautiful, resort was quiet, fresh fish for lunch was delicious and drinks were plentiful (although not made with top brand liquor). Would I return? ABSOLUTELY! Would I recommend? ABSOLUTELY!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your day at Coconut Beach Club. We are visiting there on New Year's day on the Summit. I have a printed confirmation stating $45. I had read online that they had raised rates recently, but did not see anything formally anywhere. Did you have a printed confirmation with the price on it like I do? Just wondering if you questioned the $45 rate or not.

We visited Coconut Beach Club last week and we were charged the quoted $45 but we were talking to some others who paid $50. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to pay $50. The beach was beautiful, they brought out some chairs for us, the drinks were good - check out the drink menu at the bar - I particularly liked the Coconut Martini - yum! We used the pool as well. Lunch was delicious - we had jerk chicken, fish, and olive spaghetti along with some rice/beans, salad, buns etc. They also served served wine at your table.

We visited Coconut Beach Club last week and we were charged the quoted $45 but we were talking to some others who paid $50. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to pay $50. The beach was beautiful, they brought out some chairs for us, the drinks were good - check out the drink menu at the bar - I particularly liked the Coconut Martini - yum! We used the pool as well. Lunch was delicious - we had jerk chicken, fish, and olive spaghetti along with some rice/beans, salad, buns etc. They also served served wine at your table.

I love the sounds of this. We are really looking forward to our day there even more now. Thanks for sharing this info.

Coconut Martini - YES !! I had about 8 of those!

To the person who asked if I had the confirmation, I did, but once I saw the resort, I wasn't willing to quibble over it. I know it's the principle, but I was enjoying a very relaxing vacation and could afford the additional $10 for the two of us, so just let it go. We also gave a nice tip to the bartender who served us most of the day. A new one came on a half hour before we left, so she got a small tip for the one drink she served us.

WE will be on the Jewel of the Seas in February and was wondering how far the dock is from Coconut Beach? Can someone please give me the contact info also? Thank you.

I have not been there yet (I will be there on New Year's day however) but I remember reading that it is quite close to the pier. I think I remember the cab as costing about $15 one way and that is for the entire cab up to 4 people (not per person). That means it must be quite close for that cost.

Below is the exact e-mail I got when I reserved. I believe the price has since increased to $50 per person however. The contact info is at the bottom of the e-mail

- We provide a day pass at a cost of US$ 45.00 per person beginning at 10:00 am. This price includes Buffet Lunch, all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at the bar by the glass during the day, use of the pool, beach, beach loungers, tennis facilities, all local taxes and gratuities.

- Taxi cost from the ship pier to the hotel is US$ 15.00 for 1-4 persons sharing and US$ 4.00 per person after 4. Transfer time is roughly 15 minutes.

- It would be no problem arranging a return taxi in the afternoon to take you Back to the pier. Once you have decided what time you would like the taxi, advise the receptionist and they will make the arrangements.

- If you do choose Coconut Beach Club to spend your day in Antigua, you should advise us beforehand of your stay date and the final number of persons in your party. Upon arrival at the resort you will just come to the front desk and pay the day pass fee.

Delvanice Williamscid:image001.png@01CE77E1.3D2D9EF0cid:image002.png@01CE77E1.3D2D9EF0

Coconut Beach Club

Yepton Estate P O Box 1427

St John's Antigua West Indies

Toll free: 1 877 385 6517 (USA & Canada Only)

Tel: (268) 462-3239 Fax: (268) 462-3240

E-mail: reservations@coconutbeachclub.com

Website: www.coconutbeachclub.com cid:image003.gif@01CE77E1.3D2D9EF0

I'm sold. Sent in my resv request. I will be there on the 22nd on the Emerald Princess with wife if anyone wants to share a cab!

I'm sold too and would love to share a cab with you....unfortunately we are not there until January 1st. Don't suppose you want to hang out on the pier until we arrive eh?;)

Have a great time and maybe we can compare experiences back on this thread after we both return.:D

I have not been there yet (I will be there on New Year's day however) but I remember reading that it is quite close to the pier. I think I remember the cab as costing about $15 one way and that is for the entire cab up to 4 people (not per person). That means it must be quite close for that cost.

Below is the exact e-mail I got when I reserved. I believe the price has since increased to $50 per person however. The contact info is at the bottom of the e-mail

- We provide a day pass at a cost of US$ 45.00 per person beginning at 10:00 am. This price includes Buffet Lunch, all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at the bar by the glass during the day, use of the pool, beach, beach loungers, tennis facilities, all local taxes and gratuities.

- Taxi cost from the ship pier to the hotel is US$ 15.00 for 1-4 persons sharing and US$ 4.00 per person after 4. Transfer time is roughly 15 minutes.

- It would be no problem arranging a return taxi in the afternoon to take you Back to the pier. Once you have decided what time you would like the taxi, advise the receptionist and they will make the arrangements.

- If you do choose Coconut Beach Club to spend your day in Antigua, you should advise us beforehand of your stay date and the final number of persons in your party. Upon arrival at the resort you will just come to the front desk and pay the day pass fee.

Delvanice Williamscid:image001.png@01CE77E1.3D2D9EF0cid:image002.png@01CE77E1.3D2D9EF0

Coconut Beach Club

Yepton Estate P O Box 1427

St John's Antigua West Indies

Toll free: 1 877 385 6517 (USA & Canada Only)

Tel: (268) 462-3239 Fax: (268) 462-3240

E-mail: reservations@coconutbeachclub.com

Website: www.coconutbeachclub.com cid:image003.gif@01CE77E1.3D2D9EF0

Thank you so much!

WE will be on the Jewel of the Seas in February and was wondering how far the dock is from Coconut Beach? Can someone please give me the contact info also? Thank you.

We were there on December 10. It was a $16 plus tip taxi ride each way. We found a dispatcher of sorts who told us the fare and then started bellowing for a driver. One said he would take us there, but Dispatcher said, " where is it??" and he didn know, so we ended up in another cab with a driver who did. His name is Dwight Gardner (sp) and he was terrific. Gave us a nice commentary on the way there, and arranged to meet us at 3:00 for the return - he was early.

Going takes longer than returning because the one way streets work against you. It took about 25 minutes in bad traffic to get there, maybe 15 minutes to get back to the pier. Since we had a flat rate, it wasn't a big deal.

We loved our day there. We arrived around 10:30, found two loungers and some shade under a palapa. After a few drinks and watching others in the somewhat rough surf, we had a nice buffet lunch (you need to be covered up for it, not just in a swimsuit) with some fair wine. I did take a few laps in the pool before we departed.

We paid $90 for the two of us. No FX fees thanks to the card we used.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from our cruise on the Summit and we spend the day at Coconut Beach Club on January 1st. We enjoyed our day there and would definitely go there again. A few notes....

1 - Most cab drivers do not have a clue where it is. Make sure you get one who knows where it is and have the price set before he heads out.

2 - The internet was decent for checking e-mail but slow otherwise. Overall, it was a nice feature to have compared to the rates on the ship.

3 - The food was very good for lunch. It would have been nice if they had signs to tell you what you were taking from the buffet or someone there to tell you.

4 - The bartender was very nice, but severely overworked in the morning, and you had to wait for a while for drinks. He was much less busy after noon. You have to try a Coconut Crush!!! One of the smoothest drinks ever and you don't taste the alcohol at all, so be careful. They give you TINY little glasses and cups for your drinks. Be sure to always order two drinks at a time for yourself.

5 - The resort was not too busy and was very relaxing.

6 - The pool looked beautiful, but we never used it. Only saw 2 people in it all day long.

7 - The seas were a bit rough the day we were there. I do not know if it was normal or not for there. A few people ventured out for a bit, but most people at the resort sat around suntanning, reading, or chatting.

8 - I was told by staff that the snorkeling there was not good so I did not bother trying. The waves were rough that day as well so visibility would have been poor.

9 - This place is QUIET and RELAXING. If you are looking for that at a good price, you will likely be in heaven.