Royal Caribbean hold times

ctrlbrk

I want to make a payment on my upcoming B2B Grand Suite on Allure of the Seas.

First tried to make the payment online, but the RCI website is messed up (which it often is) and the payment page is malformed (tried multiple browsers) and it won't let me continue.

So on the phone I go... first time I called was a few hours ago, was on hold for over 30 minutes and finally gave up because I had to eat dinner.

Second time was an hour ago. 1 hour 6 minutes actually. I am still on hold.

This is ridiculous.

BTW, I am not one to usually complain. But I originally was going to ask for a supervisor because someone needs to make some changes to their system, it is unacceptable for someone to be on hold this long.

However, I figured waiting for a supervisor might add another few hours of hold time to my call. So I have hopes that perhaps RCI will see this thread.

I forgot to mention, I called yesterday and was on hold 40 minutes before I gave up.

You are calling during a WOW sale, they are very busy. Can you wait until after the sale or are you too close to final?

I bet if I call back and press the button for new sales, someone will pick up real fast...

I booked two grand suites on Allure of the Seas and have sailed RCI before, and plan to sail again. But this is a bit ridiculous. I understand if you are real busy there is a 10-15 minute wait time.

Right now it's 1 hour 13 minutes and going.

I agree with reallyitsmama about the reason.

I have the name and extension of my particular CVP.

If you had that, you could call that person directly to make your payment.

:)

I was not aware they would give out their direct number. I had a super nice lady as my CVP when I booked the two GS. I specifically asked her if she gets commission for sales as I would like to use her again, and she said no and didn't offer me her contact info so I figured it was just corporate policy.

I was not aware they would give out their direct number. I had a super nice lady as my CVP when I booked the two GS. I specifically asked her if she gets commission for sales as I would like to use her again, and she said no and didn't offer me her contact info so I figured it was just corporate policy.

We get that you booked grand suites, not sure what that has to do with you having to wait. Call the C&A number, they are usually quicker. Put it on speaker phone and go do something else, they will answer eventually.

We get that you booked grand suites, not sure what that has to do with you having to wait. Call the C&A number, they are usually quicker. Put it on speaker phone and go do something else, they will answer eventually.

It is on speaker. I'm not trying to flaunt the GS. It was a big extravagance for me and I am looking forward to enjoying it. Just saying that I should be a valuable customer (we all should) and should not be treated like this.

I understand they are having a "sale" (free OBC). But perhaps they should prepare better, right? Yes, I am just venting... but it isn't right.

Hold time 1 hour 20 mins as of now. I'm going to call them back on a second line and press the new sales option and see what happens.

I stand corrected. I called back for "new sales" and the announcement says the wait time is over 30 minutes.

When I called originally it said 15 minutes and it's now over an hour, so 30 minutes might mean waiting overnight on hold :p

I will try the C&A number. I did not know they could handle payments.

1 hour 30 minutes. Also nowhere on the C&A line. So I guess I give up again.

Does anyone know what number to call to get them to fix their website so I can just use that? What happens is it says guest 2 is missing information (birth date) but then the HTML is all messed up and all of the form fields are missing, so impossible to continue to the payment page.

1h50m

SUCCESS. :p

I was about to hang up when it started ringing and I got a very nice lady (again). So my payments are sorted. She even offered to refund my prior payments and move them to my new Royal Caribbean Visa card so I could get the extra points (I didn't know you could do that [refund]).

She gave me a different number: 800-205-9812, no idea if it would have saved time or not.

Also in case anyone else experiences the weird error when trying to a make a payment like me, she said it is likely because it is a B2B which gets "weird" (I'm quoting her) in their system. She suggested that I try to do an on-line check-in today and that it might ask for the missing info (DOB) on that system and it might work, because she couldn't change the DOB on her system for who knows what reason.

Thx for playing.

1 hour 30 minutes. Also nowhere on the C&A line. So I guess I give up again.

Does anyone know what number to call to get them to fix their website so I can just use that? What happens is it says guest 2 is missing information (birth date) but then the HTML is all messed up and all of the form fields are missing, so impossible to continue to the payment page.

All I can suggest is to try another browser and see if that helps. I have good luck with IE and Firefox.

All I can suggest is to try another browser and see if that helps. I have good luck with IE and Firefox.

That was the first thing I did, no change. I looked at the HTML source, their app is literally not sending the form buttons needed to continue, even if I could get passed the missing fields. Tried Chrome, FF and IE.

Archived