How much do you drink (alcohol) on a cruise?

trident777

Interesting post. I usually like to start mid afternoon with either a Bloody Mary or an Amaretto Sour. If the AmSour is decent (rare occasion), then I'll have a couple more. For an AmSour to have a fighting chance of being decent you need to use real lemons rather than that awful sour mix (ugh:eek:). Recommend the lobby bar at the Marriott Champs Elysee in Paris as the standard.

While The Boss gets, dressed, then it's wine which will continue throughout dinner and evening. In my case, I'll try to get the drink package since I figure that I will be ahead after my sixth drink or so.

In November in 2010, we were onboard the Brilliance of the Seas on a twelve day MEd cruise with a group of friends. We had a daily happy hour beginning around 4:00, That cruise gave me a 1200 bar bill.

Edited by Zqueeze1

• 4 weeks later...

We don't partake in hard liquor but do enjoy a glass of wine with dinner. We usually have 2 bottles on a 7 day cruise as well as joining any wine tasting activities the ship may have. I usually order the Chateauneuf du Pape but lately have brought aboard 2 quality bottles.

When we are off the ship at port shops, we very seldom drink anything other than beer to assure we aren't over served and can make it back to the ship. :D

In the afternoon (it's 5 o'clock somewhere :rolleyes:) DH drinks Jack Daniels on the rocks with a splash of water. I drink white wine. We have a good bottle of red wine with dinner. I miss having vodka ... but it makes my BSL soar!

LuLu

~~~~

Love this thread!!

Usually Absolut & Pineapple or DOD for me during the day, (Or Corona with lime) then Absolut & Club soda with lemon for Dinnertime and after. I would say about 5-6 per day for me on Sea Days.

DH drinks Jack Daniels all day long.

Our highestbar tab was $1300. Lowest was $700 using "RR"

Sent from my BNTV600 using Forums mobile app

Just off the Ruby Princess and sooooo happy we had the drink package with our group.

I save the receipts they give us for the first two days and we easily saved money having the package.

I easily had between 10-15 drinks per day and DH had more. I couldn't help the fresh squeezed Mimosas at the Calypso bar! And Dancing LATE (often til 3:30am) each night at Skywalkers. But I got up every day at 7am and we basically closed down the club each night.

When I'm home and go to a club I'll only have 1-2 just due to costs, but having the package let me not worry. Also we didn't have to drive anywhere and no kids. Many weeks I do not drink at all except a glass of wine with a nice dinner.

We're planning another 2 cruises now and hope they roll out the package fleet wide, or we'll have to switch lines to one that does offer it. :(

This thread really got me to thinking about my cruising habits! In the past (as an adult) I usually have several cocktails (mai tais these days) then wine with dinner, and sometimes something like a Grand Marnier to top it off. . . I actually don't drink much most times, only when out to dinner with friends and family.

I just realized while that's fine for a 7 or 14 day cruise, I'm going to really have to rethink that coming up here on a 118 night world cruise. A) it will cost a fortune, B) I will come home pickled! :D :D

This thread really got me to thinking about my cruising habits! In the past (as an adult) I usually have several cocktails (mai tais these days) then wine with dinner, and sometimes something like a Grand Marnier to top it off. . . I actually don't drink much most times, only when out to dinner with friends and family.

I just realized while that's fine for a 7 or 14 day cruise, I'm going to really have to rethink that coming up here on a 118 night world cruise. A) it will cost a fortune, B) I will come home pickled! :D :D

:D LOL! Our thoughts as well.

LuLu

~~~~

Normally I start after lunch with a drink of the day. If it's an awesome flavor, I stick with it. If not, I switch to some other foo foo drink. Pina Coladas, Sex on the Beach, Malibu Rum with a splash of Pineapple Juice, etc. etc.

Probably average around 4 to 6 per day along with few shots, but if we get the drink package this time and I don't have to think how much I'm spending per drink, that may stretch up a bit. ;)

I do looove my margaritas when it's hot and sunny! If it is all inclusive (which is usually the only kind I go on) I drink a good amount. If I have to pay, I only drink maybe one drink a day...it's not super necessary for me but when it's free, why not!

• 2 weeks later...

I was planning on brining my own wine on board the NCL Dawn in February. I have a two part question. I plan on claiming it.

1. Do you check the wine in when you check your luggage in? or do they take it from you?

2. If they take it from you, do they chill it if it's white or champagne?

I tend to drink less on cruises just because it is pricey! I might have the drink of the day and I usually purchase a bottle of wine or two for in the dining room during the cruise. Then I seek out the RCI Crown and Anchor events where they usually have free booze Plus, we always leave the ship when in port, so not much time for drinking.

:eek:all i know is my dw and i on a 5 day out of galvaston the final bill was 1150.00 so glad i was able to get the prem drink pkg on this cruise :cool::eek:

OMG!!:eek: ammo2250, This is my very first contribution to this forum. I'm a first time cruiser and getting ready to book a 7 night out of Galveston, Nov. 2014.

Do you mind if I ask what you drank and how much daily to accrue a bill of 1,150.00?

I've been trying to decide if we should buy the prem. drink pkg's. My hubby typically doesn't drink as much as me. But he just might on a cruise since he doesn't have to drive.;)

How much I consume is different than what I pay for. I bring my own wine, smuggle my own booze so I only buy a mixer or use juice from room service, and will probably have one to two cocktails an evening. My next cruise is 14 days, I'll probably end up having 30 cocktails/martinis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I do looove my margaritas when it's hot and sunny! If it is all inclusive (which is usually the only kind I go on) I drink a good amount. If I have to pay, I only drink maybe one drink a day...it's not super necessary for me but when it's free, why not!

A man after my own heart.

• 2 weeks later...