Were to get Scrapbooking supplies

KFH

My wife does a lot of scrapbooking and will scrapbook our Alaska trip. Does anyone know of any good place to pick these up while we are in Alaska. We will be in Juneau, Ketchikan, Sita, Haines, Skagway, Seward, Talkeetna and Anchorage. Thanks

I can't remember which store -- many of the big outlet stores with discount coupons -- had pre cut mats and things with the state cutout or sometimes a moose, a bear, a whale etc. I bougth a couple and they worked really well. They were a few dollars to five dollars each. They also had picture mats that were the same.

The Alaska Shirt Company in Juneau and Skagway both had a few scrapbook supplies. The Tongass Trading company in Ketchikan also had some of the same supplies. My wife waited until we got back and went to our local scrapbook store today and came home with tons of really neat Alaska and vacation themed supplies.

http://www.scrapbook-shop.com is a local scrapbook store in Juneau with a lot of the same Alaska themed merchandise on their website that my wife found today in our local store.

~Erik

Hi Wolfie!

Your old friend here. Anyway, just wondered if they had the scrapbooks themselves with some kind of Alaska motif on them? Of course, if my DH takes 29 rolls of film, I'm going to need more than one:D

Hi Seychelles,

Last year they carried mostly stuff to put in the books - cutouts, animals, and such. They also have photo albums, but mostly those that you can get at any gift shop. I don't scrapbook, so I don't know too much about what supplies are needed.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I'm in the field a lot and don't have good internet access except for a couple time a week. I was out halibut fishing this morning and caught a couple of small ones, and cleaned out the crab pot, so I know what's for dinner tonight...

Just came off the Radiance today. Found GREAT scrapbook stuff at a little store called Chinook Jargon (500 Mission Street in Ketchikan). It was the nicest store we were in on the whole cruise. Very helpful staff - not superstore-like. They had adorable little pkgs. that were specific to each port as well as general Alaska and cruise kits.

Hi Wolfie:

Thanks for the info. Hope you enjoyed your dinner ... sounds wonderful!!!

We're leaving Thursday, 6/17 and I'm really getting excited. Finally I'll get to see what all the excitement is about!

Take Care and have a great summer:)

Archived