Oasis

Just back from Oasis Eastern Caribbean . Amazing ship with lots of activities. However most venues, particularly entertainment were very crowded and having to make advance reservations definitely was irritating.

Just back from Oasis Eastern Caribbean . Amazing ship with lots of activities. However most venues, particularly entertainment were very crowded and having to make advance reservations definitely was irritating.

We had no problems with getting into the shows at all,,made our advanced res's and just showed our seapass cards as we walked in..We did that last year also when on the Freedom,,actually I feel it is a better way for "crowd control":cool:...

Yes I agree that reservations are a good thing for crowd control, the problem is the crowds themselves. I guess there is just too many people

I agree we have always sailed on the bigger ships and like making reservations ahead of time to avoid sitting issues..........

Liked the new reservation procedure. We could arrive any time before 10 minutes before the show and walk right in. (If you arrive within that last 10 minutes, they have opened the doors for walk-ins and you might not get a seat, so arrive early.)

It was kinda strange to have to plan our activities. We did it for 12 people and then everyone had the opportunity not to miss a show, but not all people honored the reservations. That's OK, too, because then there were seats available for the walk-ins.

The difficult part of the reservation planning was making sure we got every show in - we didn't want to miss anything and I'm so glad we went to every show. They were so much better than other ships we've been on in recent years.

As for the crowds. I didn't feel that - but then we are used to mega ships. The only time it felt crowded was when the shows let out. But since we were sitting in the middle of the row anyway, we just waited until the crowd thinned and then got out. However, it didn't feel much more crowded getting out of the shows than it usually did on any large ship.

I was actually amazed at how well the crowds were disbursed because the venues are separated by decks and areas of the ship.

However, I would say the elevators were a hassle - especially at the start of the dinner hour when the dining room doors first opened. Again, elevator problems are standard on all the bigger ships. I guess it's something we are used to seeing.

Embark and disembark was actually faster than usual. I found that amazing. They were actually "pushing" self disembarkation. You keep all your luggage with you in your cabin and get off by yourself. I don't know how well that would work with the elevator situation - but we didn't try it. I was surprised, though, that the ship was pushing it since usually they play down the ability to self disembark.

What crowds? I wondered around the ship for a week wondering where everyone was? Captain said there were 6,189 paying guests onboard.

If you do your research and know what you are doing, you can avoid just about all the crowds.

Crowds were never an issue on our Oasis cruise. However, on other ships, I found the crowds to be much worse, especially around the pool.

Does anyone have their Compass from this sailing? I'm looking for the Eastern Compasses. If it is easier to email them to me I will give my address.

The most recent ones I've seen are on a review by outtoseacruise. I think it was early December, Oasis, Eastern.

The most recent ones I've seen are on a review by outtoseacruise. I think it was early December, Oasis, Eastern.

I found one at the end of Jan but RCCL changed the Time for one of the ports so I'm sure the times changed on the compass as well.

Thanks for the information though.

Just curious. Since one of the previous posters mentioned that their was over 6,000 passengers on board. How was it getting off the ship while in port? Even if 1,000 people stayed on board, getting 5,000 people off for excursions and stuff must be rough. Comments? Thanks in advance.

What time did you port in St. Thomas? That would be great the freshest I can get will make a me a very happy woman.

9-6 in st Thomas. All aboard by 530. Then 8-5 in st martin the next day

Just curious. Since one of the previous posters mentioned that their was over 6,000 passengers on board. How was it getting off the ship while in port? Even if 1,000 people stayed on board, getting 5,000 people off for excursions and stuff must be rough. Comments? Thanks in advance.

We were off the ship with no wait time. People leave throughout the morning. Getting back though it took 15-20 minutes to get through the scanners

I dread having to make show reservations. I'm on vacation, I want to go to a show when the mood strikes, not plan it months before

I didn't care for the idea, either. Prior to trying it.

I thought it would be a bigger hassle than it was. We just planned our day around our reservation times. I found I liked it better than queing up outside the showroom. If you arrived a few minutes after the doors opened, the reservation people walked right in after their card was scanned. It worked slick.

You can still get in most of the shows. There is a non-reservation line and those people get in about 10 minutes prior to showtime - using the seats of the no-shows. But really, after a few days of using my reservations, I found I preferred it.

Archived