Bags program in Tampa Florida

We just got off the Dawn yesterday and were disappointed to find out they stopped the Bags Program two weeks ago. We were surprised to hear that they said there was not enough interest to continue it. The girl at Guest Relations said most weeks only 4 cabins signed up for it! We found it to make leaving so much easier. Any one know if this was stopped fleet wide? :confused:

I had asked about a week ago regarding the bags program for the Breakaway in NY and was told the program would be available.

I sure hope it will be as it makes it much easier to get into the airport. If you have a late flight you can't even get in the airport if you have baggage to check, so doing the bags program made it easier to get into the airport or anywhere else without having to worry about your bags.

I had asked about a week ago regarding the bags program for the Breakaway in NY and was told the program would be available.

I sure hope it will be as it makes it much easier to get into the airport. If you have a late flight you can't even get in the airport if you have baggage to check, so doing the bags program made it easier to get into the airport or anywhere else without having to worry about your bags.

This is a major development if it is accurate as the BAGS program has never been available in New York City. Who did you ask?

I'm VERY upset to hear this isn't available in Tampa- we are sailing on the Dawn in 3 weeks and have a very late flight- I was hoping to use it (and have used it before and LOVED it)... maybe I'll call and check with NCL about this? Any suggestions?

We had a late flight out of Tampa last year. Found out thanks to Cruise Critic post, right next to the dock is The Florida Aquarium. The aquarium will hold your bags for the duration that the aquarium is open at no charge. Your bags are in a locked room. Well, you do need to pay to go to the aquarium. Nice aquarium, we even went and had lunch elsewhere and came back. Better than spending a day at the airport.

I called in regards to the cost of a shuttle to the airport (Laguardia) and in getting pricing I inquired as to the Bags program. Person who gave me pricing said it was available and could be booked while onboard.

Now whether that person was paying any attention to what airport and city I have no idea. But he was pricing me for my Breakaway cruise and going to Laguardia. Maybe he made an assumption, maybe he had no idea what I was asking him.

Only used the Bags program from Miami, we didn't take advantage of it when in Seattle.

Perhaps NCL will offer the BAGS program for the Breakaway, because the large, new ship will attract a much higher number of passengers who arrive in by air than is currently the case.

I suspect that New York currently has by far the largest percentage of NCL passengers who do not fly to the port for their cruise. There are so many millions of people who live in places that are anywhere from walking distance to less than a day's drive/train ride/ bus ride to the port that the passengers overwhelmingly use means of transportation other airline flights to travel to NY City. With the large new ship there may finally sufficient numbers of air passengers to justify offering this service.

On the other hand, with passengers flying into three different airports that serve the area, will there still be sufficient numbers to offer the program to all three airports? I'm not 100% certain, but I believe NCL currently only offers transfers to and from LGA, so perhaps they will only offer BAGS to that one airport.

On the other hand, I'm always skeptical of the accuracy of answers provided by telephone customer service agents (not just NCL's) and the person may just have been giving out misinformation. After all if you ask them where the Breakaway docks in Bermuda, they'll tell you Kings Wharf, rather than the correct quay, Heritage Wharf.

Archived