Cabin Number:370

Cruise Ship:Thomson Celebration

Date of Cruise:2010

Bed Formation: Twin

Bath/Shower?: Shower

Adjoining Cabin?: No

Balcony?: No

Comment on the Size of the Cabin:Average- fine for us

Comment on any Noise Issues:Dreadful -early morning racket from staff assembling in 'staff' cabin opposite- chatting and laughing from 6am

Comment on Storage Space:Fine

Comment on the Bathroom:Perfect

Any Other Comments?:Avoid chosing cabins with white spaces opposite on the deck plan!

Would You Recommend this Cabin?:No no no

Link to any Images:

Score out of 10:6

Flopsy

I knew you would be well impressed, Kruzseeka, as soon as I saw those lovely en suites :D

Ha ha ha, I was just going to post that you would be impressed with the bathrooms, Kruzseeka and you beat me to it. I must say they look good :)

Gosh - did I go on about it so much? :eek: :o :D

Must say I'm very happy with this element of the 'Platinum'!!! (Much needed though). I think the reason it offended me so much is that the stewards work so hard and the standard of hygiene generally on Thomson is so good and taken seriously that this issue was a big let-down in as much as their efforts were undermined.

I also have a soft spot for Celebration - but don't have rose-tinted spectacles - and felt it necessary to point out an area that was less than satisfactory. It was also an easy target for really some bad reviews. Fair enough to be negative about the state of the en-suites (goodness - I was too in this respect!) but that allowed some to do a hatchet job without giving credit for the many superb aspects of the service and experience Celebration had to offer. And that was unfair imo.

I was just so disappointed this problem hadn't been addressed ages ago - as it was within Thomson's control to do something about it!

Anyway 'all's well that ends well' ..... as they say!

Sorry this is an asides re this thread but I couldn't help but comment on the transformation - and of course it is relevant in terms of anyone criticising any Celebration cabins in terms of their en-suite mosaic tiling as these can now be ignored!!!:D:

Edited by kruzseeka

Cabin Review

Cabin Number: 21

Cruise Ship: Celebration

Date of Cruise: Mar 2008

Bed Formation: Double

Bath/Shower?: Think it was only a shower

Adjoining Cabin?: no

Balcony?: no

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: very good.

Comment on any Noise Issues: none

Comment on Storage Space:Wardrobes and drawers

Comment on the Bathroom: Fine

Any Other Comments?: This was our first cruise and 5 years ago, so memory a bit hazy! Also Celebration has had an upgrade since then

Would You Recommend this Cabin?: Yes

Link to any Images: n/a

Score out of 10: 10

Cabin Review

Cabin Number:543 (deck3)

Cruise Ship: Celebration

Date of Cruise: Dec 2008

Bed Formation: L shaped

Bath/Shower?: Just shower I think

Adjoining Cabin?: no

Balcony?: no

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: adequate

Comment on any Noise Issues: none

Comment on Storage Space: adequate

Comment on the Bathroom: OK

Any Other Comments?: This was 5 years ago, so can't quite remember how much storage space, also upgrade may have changed bed configuration

Would You Recommend this Cabin?: yes

Link to any Images: n/a

Score out of 10: 8

Linda, that top review what cabin number was it? You've just put 21, what's the third number. ;)

Yay...Found the cabin number... Reading through my comments below it sounds a really bad review but with new mattresses it would have been an excellent cabin.

Cabin Number: 6515

Cabin Category: 5/6 Inside … Forward…Port side

Cruise Ship: Island Escape

Date of Cruise: 25 Sep 2012

Bed Formation: Twin bed that was converted into a double, plus two unused bunks.

Bath/Shower: Shower only

Adjoining Cabin: No

Balcony: No

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: Small...The bed is against a side wall when made up as a double so only one path down side of bed with space further restricted by folded bunk beds on each side.

Comment on any Noise Issues: Very quiet cabin.

Comment on Storage Space: Good for two people.

Comment on the Bathroom: Basin tap handle fell off on arrival, but quickly fixed … Shower walls & tray had been re-lined with plastic, although old corroded fittings were still there, & tray was a bit grubby… Looked like ground in boot marks from the fitter.

Any Other Comments: About the oldest & most uncomfortable mattresses we have found on any cruise ship… Dated TV with dodgy handset, mislabelled lamp switch on the headboard turned off power to TV.

Would You Recommend this Cabin: Yes

Link to any Images:

Score out of 10: 7

Edited by Stevio

Cabin Number:6562

Cruise Ship:Island Escape

Date of Cruise:26/03/2013

Bed Formation: Twin plus two unused bunks

Bath/Shower?: Yes

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: Plenty of Room for 2

Comment on any Noise Issues: None - very quiet

Comment on Storage Space: Plenty for 2

Comment on the Bathroom: Shower walls & tray had been re-lined with plastic - shower temperature varied a lot.

Any Other Comments?: Near enough to centre of ship to reduce motion but far enough away to stop noise fron the Sundowner intruding.

Link to any Images:

Cabin Review Format

Cabin Number:4059

Cruise Ship: Majesty

Date of Cruise:22 March 2013

Bed Formation: Twin with one upper bunk not used

Comment on the Size of the Cabin:Very good

Comment on any Noise Issues:Very quiet

Comment on Storage Space

: 2 big wardrobes plus 12 drawers

Comment on the Bathroom: Wet room design. Shower not very powerful. Hairdryer not very powerful. Took my own hairdryer.

Any Other Comments?: not bad location, but room vibrated, but so did whole ship. Beds too small we thought, and up against wall, maybe better if made into double Would You Recommend this Cabin?: yes, near to lifts/stairs and mid ship so central.

Link to any Images:N/A

Cabin Review Format

Cabin Number: 4080

Cruise Ship: Island Escape

Date of Cruise: Sept 2011

Bed Formation: Single cabin, contained twin beds

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: Standard size, fine for one person

Comment on any Noise Issues: Quite noisy when docking, some vibration while at sea but not something that I found a problem, would be tough for a light sleeper though

Comment on Storage Space: Enough for one person but not fantastic

Comment on the Bathroom: A little tired but everything worked well and was kept clean by the stewards

Any Other Comments?:

Would You Recommend this Cabin?: Yes is a heavy sleeper, if not try for one further forward

Link to any Images:

Cabin Review Format

Cabin Number: 6043

Cruise Ship: Majesty

Date of Cruise: Oct 2012

Bed Formation: Single cabin, with twin beds plus a pull down bunk

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: Standard size so pretty small, but fine for one person

Comment on any Noise Issues: Super quiet - genuinely couldn't tell if we were docking, docked or sailing. Occasional noise from corridor but only if sitting on the bed on that wall

Comment on Storage Space: Plenty! 3 wardrobes to match the 3 beds, plus a small chest of drawers

Comment on the Bathroom: Clean, good shower, had one problem with the toilet flush but that was resolved on the same day

Any Other Comments?: Excellent position midships, and as it was on deck 6 I barely used the lifts as I could walk to all the other decks - helps work the meals off!

Would You Recommend this Cabin?:

Link to any Images:

Cabin Number: 7029

Cruise Ship: Dream

Date of Cruise: May 2012

Bed Formation: Double

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: compact but well designed for maximum room

Comment on any Noise Issues: Vey quiet

Comment on Storage Space: ample cupbopard and drawer space

Comment on the Bathroom: Spotlessly clean but in need of refurbishment.

Any Other Comments? We requested a quiet cabin and were very pleased with the one allocated.

Link to any Images:

Edited by campolady

Hi Campolady, We are in 7003 in 3 weeks time. I'm glad you said it was quiet in that area as we have never been that far forward before :eek: No noise from anchors or bow thrusters in the early morning then? :D Hope we have drawers in ours, as none in 7039 :rolleyes:

Very quiet Linda.

Hubby has serious health issues and has to sleep for a few hours every afternoon and goes to bed early at night - he was never disturbed by any noise at all and we certainly never heard any anchor noise etc. Had we not been on a budget this year we would have definitely booked the same cabin again - sadly this year finances have relegated us to a lower deck.

Have a great holiday - wish we were going in 3 weeks time but have to wait until the end of October (I do B+B so Summer breaks are out of the question for us). Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Have a great holiday - wish we were going in 3 weeks time but have to wait until the end of October (I do B+B so Summer breaks are out of the question for us). Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

DH has just retired so plenty of choice of when to go but sadly less money :rolleyes:

sailing date: 26/3/2013

ship: Island Escape

cabin number: 9516..port side very forward,,couldn't be much more forward!

Comments about cabin: Very juddery all night long, terrible whilst at sea. Quiet but very bad vibrations, beds shook and the vibrations actually physically moved us as well.

Beds: 2 pushed together gives more room but it is up against the wall in this formation. Ok for 2 people, plenty of storage space.

Cabin facilities: Hairdryer worked very well, I didn't even get mine out the case. Lights were very strange, took ages to come on when you pressed the switches. Shower hot and powerful.

Would I reccommend it?: NO. If it's choppy (or worse) you will feel every slight movement. It's also on the lifeboat deck so there's people walking past your window or standing outside smoking.

Cabin Number:872 (Inside)

Cruise Ship:Celebration

Date of Cruise:1/7/12

Bed Formation: 4 Bed (2 x bunk)

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: Perfectly acceptable so long as kids didnt leave clothes lying about!

Comment on any Noise Issues: General I suppose - people coming back to cabin at night, although we could hear at times what sounded like trolleys or something being hauled along below us.

Comment on Storage Space: Whilst plenty of storage, could be doing with some hangers/hooks for towels etc being 4 in a cabin

Comment on the Bathroom: It was okay - shower needed a bit of attention - not dirty, just needing regrouted and a general tidy up. Shower curtain was such a nuisance sticking to you! Also, we generally had to use towels to mop up water that appeared to be leaking from shower.

Any Other Comments?: With their being four of us in this cabin, it did get extremely warm. We did complain about the lack of power from the air conditioning a couple of times, which was apparently rectified, but we noticed no difference. Other than that, when there are four people in a reasonably confined space, you have to expect that you might not have as much space as say in a hotel room.

Would You Recommend this Cabin?:

Link to any Images:

Hope this is helpful. We are travelling again this year and have paid to have a cabin on 3/4, again inside.

Just thought I would bump this up again as I think this is a great thread and a lot of work gone into it. It's a pity it still has not had the recognition it deserves. Go on Cruise Crutic give it a sticky status.

Just thought I would bump this up again as I think this is a great thread and a lot of work gone into it. It's a pity it still has not had the recognition it deserves. Go on Cruise Crutic give it a sticky status.

Here here !!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

Cabin Number: 328

Cruise Ship: Thomson Spirit

Date of Cruise: 3/4/13 to 10/4/13

Bed Formation: 2 singles - L shaped

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: Quite good, we certainly didnt feel cramped.

Comment on any Noise Issues: No real noise issues, could feel a little bit of vibration when in port.

Comment on Storage Space: Very good, more than we needed. 2 large wardrobes with plenty of hangers, one wide chest of drawers, one average chest of drawers, one bedside cabinet with 2 draws. Plenty of room under beds to stow suitcases.

Comment on the Bathroom: Ok, could do with refurb, same control for power and temperature. some of the small mosaic tiles came loose and had to be replaced, but done quickly and they stayed put!

Any Other Comments?: as cabin was much nearer front of ship than middle, we did feel the swell on the two days that was an issue.

Link to any Images: