Cabin Review Format

Cabin Number: 702

Cruise Ship: Celebration

Date of Cruise: 11/04/2014

Bed Formation: L formation singles

Bath/Shower?: Shower

Adjoining Cabin?: No

Balcony?: No

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: spacious.

Comment on any Noise Issues: Constant and persistent banging noise at all times when the ship is in dock (noise stopped when travelling)

Comment on Storage Space: Plenty

Comment on the Bathroom: Very good condition - obviously recently renewed.

Any Other Comments?: In a good position for moving about the ship - close to lifts/stairs and often the gangway for getting on and off the ship was just down the corridor, so very convenient.

Would You Recommend this Cabin?: No - definitely not, if you want to spend any time in your cabin when the ship has docked. Not an issue for those who are early risers, but we were woken by the ship docking every morning. The banging noise is loud and persistent, - I'm quite a heavy sleeper but I couldn't sleep through this. I should have gone to bed earlier than 2am every night,then getting up early wouldn't have been a problem I suppose!

Link to any Images:

Score out of 10:4

Cabin Number: 454 outside deck 4

Cruise Ship: Majesty

Date of Cruise: 3rd April 14

Bed Formation: 2 single

Bath/Shower?: shower

Adjoining Cabin?: no

Balcony?: no

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: small but adequate for us

Comment on any Noise Issues: none

Comment on Storage Space: had to leave 1 case by side of dressing table too big to put under bed

Comment on the Bathroom: small more like a wet room

Any Other Comments?: handy for deck 5 restaurents, shops reception and a couple of bars

Would You Recommend this Cabin?: personally I would book again

Link to any Images:

Score out of 10: 7

CABIN REVIEW

Cabin Number: 5053

Cruise Ship: Dream

Date of Cruise: 13/04/14

Bed Formation: Twin

Bath/Shower?: Bath with shower

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: Good size twin

Comment on any Noise Issues: Being pretty near the front of the ship there can be some noise in choppy seas with waves crashing against the bow. They create a loud booming sound and a bit of a judder.

Comment on Storage Space: Pushed for hanging space. One wardrobe has half length hanging area with about 12 hangers. There is a further open rail but no hangers. Plenty of drawers.

Comment on the Bathroom: Plenty of room, nice and clean. Attacked in the shower each night by shower curtains grabbing my legs.

Any Other Comments?: Handy for lifts but this is the main set of lifts. Better to walk the corridor for a minor set. Can wait for 10 minutes for a lift with space to take you up. Very easy access to Orion restaurant.

Would You Recommend this Cabin?: Yes

Link to any Images:

Score out of 10: 8

• 2 weeks later...

don't understand the bad review about 9016, we had this and 9014 last year the noise from below wasn't that bad, no vibration problems, only issue was once in 9014when using the bath we flooded the bathroom of 9014, would stay in it again they were very nice cabins plenty of room and free use of the safe

Edited by mtt

Promise I will try and update the spreadsheet this week sometime.

Cruise Critic, I know we have asked before, but please may we have this thread as a sticky. I know on another forum a similar thread is a sticky.

Would make it a lot easier for us not to have to keep finding it and bumping it up for people.

Thanks.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get round to this review.... We sailed last year, but might still be useful to someone, a lovely cabin for the money this one.

Cabin Number: 064

Cruise Ship: Spirit

Date of Cruise: 24/04/2013

Bed Formation: L formation Twin

Bath/Shower?: Shower only

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: Good size, beds in L formation.

Comment on any Noise Issues: Very quiet despite being close to lifts and stairwell. However crew access door to lifeboats is next door, so some occasional early morning noise when they are doing maintenance etc. No sign of vibrations etc.

Comment on Storage Space: Plenty of drawers / 2x wardrobes.

Comment on the Bathroom: Standard size, nice and clean.

Any Other Comments?: Cabin is sold as 'deck 3/4 outside' grade, however is on deck 8 and has a larger than average window - no lifeboats outside window, however view is partly obstructed by an access platform. Very good location as close to lifts / stairwell, however nice quiet location.

Link to any Images:

Score out of 10: 9

Cabin Number: 5080

Cruise Ship: Dream

Date of Cruise: 10/05/14

Bed Formation: 2 twins joined together

Bath/Shower?: Bath with shower

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: large

Comment on any Noise Issues: Silent when in bed apart from the little humming noise from engine. No vibration at all , you didn't know you were on a ship..

Comment on Storage Space: 2 wardrobes. One has half length hanging area with hangers. There is a further open rail with hangers

Comment on the Bathroom: Took a while to work out how shower worked. It had 2 heads one high and the other lower down. More water ended up on the floor then me!!.

Any Other Comments?: Near the staitwell and down one floor only feet away from the Orion Restaurant.

Link to any Images:

Score out of 10: 8 __________________

• 3 weeks later...

Cabin Number: 3034 (inside)

Date of Cruise: 23 May 2014

Bed Formation: Twin.

Bath/Shower?: Shower

Adjoining Cabin?: On both sides.

Comment on the Size of the Cabin : Small but as expected.

Comment on any noise issues: No cabin noise from above, below, left or right.

Comment on Storage Space : Not really enough hanging and drawer space, just about OK for a week, but not enough space for 2 weeks.

Comment on the Bathroom :Small but immaculately clean and with a very powerful shower.

Any Other Comments? : Comfy beds, pillows were a bit flat, they brought us another one when asked.

Would You Recommend this Cabin? : Yes, would certainly book it again.

Link to any Images:

Score out of 10: 7

Cabin Number: 377 outside+

Date of Cruise: 23 may 2014

Bed Formation: 2 singles converts into a double

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: Good size cabin

Comment on any Noise Issues: really bad a lot of engine noise

Comment on Storage Space: plenty

Comment on the Bathroom: small but a good shower

Any Other Comments?: don't book this cabin

Would You Recommend this Cabin?: no

Link to any Images:

Score out of 10: 2

Cabin - 5092

Ship - dream

Beds - 2 singles joined into double

Bathroom - fair size, clean. Toilet broke a few times but quickly fixed

Storage - plenty. We went for 4 weeks and had loads of room

Noise - none at all, day or night

Location - perfectly placed midship but only one cabin to side of you, the other side was a small stairwell

Would recommend this cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I see some lady on Facebook is complaining about the noise in single cabin 4002 on The Majesty.

She has asked for a move but Thomson won't help. That cabin does not appear on the reviews here. Must be dreadful if she can't sleep.

Flopsy

I see some lady on Facebook is complaining about the noise in single cabin 4002 on The Majesty.

She has asked for a move but Thomson won't help. That cabin does not appear on the reviews here. Must be dreadful if she can't sleep.

Flopsy

I think it's the Dream Flopsy not Majesty....

I think it's the Dream Flopsy not Majesty....

Phew, just read this thread and panicked about Majesty cos it does not have a single cabin 4002. I booked Madge because i know the inside singles are in 'good' locations.

I have a short cruise on Dream just to try her out, last time i was in a suite. Next cruise a single on deck 5 forward to avoid the propeller/engine vibration. I don't mind a bit of wave slap or thruster noise but that cabin 4002 looks awful.

Celebration/Spirit are now off limits to me after my 'cement mixer' experience on the latter.

Thomson only charge about 30% single supplement and I can see why. I would rather they charged 60-70% and gave me a choice of cabins like on other cruise lines. Destiny was lovely in ths respect, any cabin I wanted in nice quiet locations.

Cabin Number: 710 outside +

Date of Cruise: 27th June 2014

Bed Formation: Double ( two beds together).

Comment on the Size of the Cabin: Good size cabin

Comment on any Noise Issues:No noise issues

Comment on Storage Space: plenty

Comment on the Bathroom: small but a good shower

Any Other Comments?: Great cabin, perfect position.

Would You Recommend this Cabin?: Yes, definitely.

Link to any Images:

Score out of 10: 9

Flopsy

Yes of course- I meant the DREAM- sorry!

Flopsy

• 2 weeks later...

I have never booked a cabin before and taken what we have been given, but we liked 7211 on Dream last year, and decided to try to book it for Jan 15. Rang the TA whose address was on our booking confirmation, and she rang me back to say 7211 was not available. Next door cabin 7207 free but they had a note that there was disco noise, so we took the next one 7203 as she said there was no note against it.

Feel it is weird as looking at the plans, all 3 cabins are beneath Water's Edge where the disco is held. We had no noise at all last year which is why we wanted to be in the same area, plus it is handy for a lovely rear deck area.

Getting worried now. Does anyone have any good or bad experiences from these cabins.