Laem Chabang Thailand overnight-what to do in area without going to Bangkok?

banditoo

Looking forward to your report Betty. I hear the beaches are beautiful. Not sure what else is around the port for a half day. From what I read, it is nothing much. Did you ask Mike about this?

Enjoy your cruise.

Jen

We went this past February with a friend from party's to nung nooch and it is wonderful.....food is delicious and cheap...show is entertaining....gardens are nice....then go to the floating market.....and there is a cultural theatre/buffet. Place that does a great show and has a great dinner....I done remember the name but you probably could Google it under pattaya. It was a wonderful busy day.

• 3 months later...
Hi,

Just wondering what you decided to do in Laem Chabang since you did not want to venture to Bangkok? Did you find something interesting to do there away from the container port?

Hope you had a great time.

Justin and Katrina

We had a great day in Pattaya with a small group of folks from our roll call (actually 3 van loads ended up booking with the tour operator that I found). We went to Nong Nooch Gardens, had lunch there, short stop at Pattaya floating market, up to the hilltop to see the giant Buddha, then finished day at Sanctuary of Truth. All organized through Mike at http://www.bangkokasiatravel.com/?lang=en The second day we took the ship tour to the Sri Racha Tiger Zoo...horrible place where the tigers are caged and they put on circus acts the type that are banned in North America.

We have a tour booked with bangkokasiatravel.com email is bangkokasiatravel@yahoo.com. The fellow's name is Mike, and he has answered all our emails promptly, and catered to our specific needs. His rates are also very reasonable. This is the tour we have chosen for our day there next March. I am sure he will also offer suggestions for you re both days. I was very impressed with his service, so far. A very small deposit is required once you have decided on an itinerary.

· Pick up: 08:00am from your Celebrity Millenium Cruise

· Nong Nooch Botanical Garden with

· 09:45am elephant and Thai cultural show

· Explore the beautiful botanical garden

· Lunch at Plub Pluang Restaurant

· Pattaya Floating Market

· Photo and explore the Pattaya Floating Market

· View point of Pattaya at Khao Phra Tum Nak

Or The big Buddha at Wat Phra yai is the same place

· Best spot to take photo of Pattaya city

· Visit to Sanctuary of truth

· Shopping in city

· Transfer back to Crusie

· 05:00pm Arrived at Celebrity Millenium Cruise

· End of tour with us

Worth emailing him. If you do go with this company, would love to hear how your day went.

Jen

Hi Jen

we are doing this Port with Millenium in March 2015 and would love to hear about how this tour goes.

cheers

Debi

Hi Jen

we are doing this Port with Millenium in March 2015 and would love to hear about how this tour goes.

cheers

Debi

Per my earlier post, we did this tour and is was very good. Mike was great. My review is on tripadvisor.

Hi Jen

cheers

Debi

Will do Debi:)

Per my earlier post, we did this tour and is was very good. Mike was great. My review is on tripadvisor.

Thanks for feedback. Looking forward to our day there.

• 3 months later...
Hi Jen

cheers

Debi

Hi Debi,

Just returned back home. Re the Pattaya tour....absolutely fabulous. We were a small group of 6. Van was newish Lexus, clean and with a great driver. Water was available all day long (esky in the van). We had Mike as the tour guide. Such a nice man, very professional and extremely obliging. We are not 'garden' people, but the Non Nooch gardens and shows are amazing. Could have spent the whole day there. The lunch was also fabulous, with Mike getting us to the buffet area first, before any other large groups converged. eg...we were first to eat, food great, clean, hygienic. The rest of the tour was just as good. A day we could def repeat. So, totally recommend this tour and tour company, without hesitation. Pattaya is a nice area. Lots to see. Any questions, would be happy to answer.

Jen:)

We are currently on the Millenium 30th March sailing. We are staying in the Amari Orchid hotel in North Pattaya and have just returned from Tiffany Show, a spectacular LadyBoy cabaret. Pattaya Elephant village tomorrow before returning to the ship on prebooked taxi with pt taxi (they picked us up at the port in a new Honda Civic for 700 baht one way)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

We are currently on the Millenium 30th March sailing. We are staying in the Amari Orchid hotel in North Pattaya and have just returned from Tiffany Show, a spectacular LadyBoy cabaret. Pattaya Elephant village tomorrow before returning to the ship on prebooked taxi with pt taxi (they picked us up at the port in a new Honda Civic for 700 baht one way)

Hi. Having visited Bangkok before, we are considering doing an overnight in Pattaya from our stopover in Laem Chabang (Volendam, January 15). We would be really interested in more information of your trip when you return. Thanks.

Hi. Having visited Bangkok before, we are considering doing an overnight in Pattaya from our stopover in Laem Chabang (Volendam, January 15). We would be really interested in more information of your trip when you return. Thanks.

We are still on the Millennium cruise but are currently in Saigon after a day tour with Zoom. Others in the minibus are on their way back to the ship but we are staying in a hotel overnight, Cu Chi tunnels by Saigon Express riverboat tomorrow before flying to Danang to stay overnight in Hoi An before rejoining the ship in Chan May . Busy few days but we like to maximise the sightseeing. We can highly recommrnd Zoom for Saigon tours. But back to Pattaya

......pt taxi was waiting for us when we got off the ship 20 minutes early in Laem Chabang, and again waiting for us when we went to the hotel foyer 20 minutes before the time we'd booked the taxi to return us to the ship. Gave us confidence to recommend to others. Another couple from the ship booked a full day tour including Nong Nooch gardens and Tiger Temple the first day then Pattaya Elephant Village the second day with pt taxi. I'll post how they got on if I see them again. For the price of the hotel (cheap)we prefered to stay over so we could relax a little by the pool, see Pattaya at night, eat local, go to Tiffany show, the live ammunition shooting gallery, take the local open air minibus around town to view local life in relative comfort for a flat rate fare of 20 baht.

Edited by suekay

......pt taxi was waiting for us when we got off the ship 20 minutes early in Laem Chabang, and again waiting for us when we went to the hotel foyer 20 minutes before the time we'd booked the taxi to return us to the ship. Gave us confidence to recommend to others. Another couple from the ship booked a full day tour including Nong Nooch gardens and Tiger Temple the first day then Pattaya Elephant Village the second day with pt taxi. I'll post how they got on if I see them .

Thanks very much for the information - very helpful.

Some years ago, probably 10years ago, my wife & I were returning from the UK visiting our son & his family, who used to live in London. We always tried to have a stop over somewhere to break the journey, and one trip we stayed 3 nights at Pattaya.

I still remember us walking some of the streets (restaurants, nightclubs, etc) close to our resort, and the other cruise critic posters are "correct" with young Thai girls (or they may have been males (you Bangkok chic boys) in nearby bars, asking me if I wanted a girl for the night. I couldn't tell their sex, but my wife certainly gave the big glaring look to the them, but they didn't care.

I say, give Pattaya a big wide berth, no much there.

I have been to Thailand 5+ times & love it.

We are also going to be stopping at Laem Chabang in February 2015. We are looking into visiting Ayuthhaya for the day (it is lovely there & would like to revisit).

We actually stayed in Pattaya some years ago & I hated it.

The only redeeming feature that I remember was Nong Nooch Gardens which we enjoyed. The beach is also quite nice in Pattaya.

Some people will say that a walk at night in Pattaya is quite an experience - that is true but personally, we did it, didn't like it & won't be going there again.

I am trying to work out whether to visit Ayuthhaya precruise (we will be flying via BKK to Singapore) or to visit from Laem Chabang but it will be a 6 hour return trip - which is a little long. Alternatively, I am considering getting a taxi from Laem Chabang & going to Nong Nooch Gardens for a half day.

• 3 weeks later...
I have been to Thailand 5+ times & love it.

We are also going to be stopping at Laem Chabang in February 2015. We are looking into visiting Ayuthhaya for the day (it is lovely there & would like to revisit).

We actually stayed in Pattaya some years ago & I hated it.

The only redeeming feature that I remember was Nong Nooch Gardens which we enjoyed. The beach is also quite nice in Pattaya.

Some people will say that a walk at night in Pattaya is quite an experience - that is true but personally, we did it, didn't like it & won't be going there again.

I am trying to work out whether to visit Ayuthhaya precruise (we will be flying via BKK to Singapore) or to visit from Laem Chabang but it will be a 6 hour return trip - which is a little long. Alternatively, I am considering getting a taxi from Laem Chabang & going to Nong Nooch Gardens for a half day.

We live in Bang Saen (about 40 minutes from Laem Chabang). It is possible to visit Ayuthhaya on a day-trip from Laem Chabang. The drive is about 2 hours each way.

We live in Bang Saen (about 40 minutes from Laem Chabang). It is possible to visit Ayuthhaya on a day-trip from Laem Chabang. The drive is about 2 hours each way.

We did this, but took a one-way taxi from L/C to the Summer Palace at Bang-pa In to meet up (by prior arrangement) at about 9am with a day-trip coach which had left Bangkok at about the same time. After the Summer Palace a 5 to 10 min drive to Ayutthaya (3 sites) then to the Chao Pryaha river to board a boat which sailed down the river to arrive about 4pm at the excursion's starting point in Bangkok, where we'd booked an overnite hotel

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d2306921-r128182949-Grand_Pearl_Cruise-Bangkok.html

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

• 2 weeks later...
We had a great day in Pattaya with a small group of folks from our roll call (actually 3 van loads ended up booking with the tour operator that I found). We went to Nong Nooch Gardens, had lunch there, short stop at Pattaya floating market, up to the hilltop to see the giant Buddha, then finished day at Sanctuary of Truth. All organized through Mike at http://www.bangkokasiatravel.com/?lang=en The second day we took the ship tour to the Sri Racha Tiger Zoo...horrible place where the tigers are caged and they put on circus acts the type that are banned in North America.

So wish I had have found this page/ topic before you visited Pattaya. Glad the day trip was enjoyable.

I agree totally about the tiger zoo, we were on Voyager March 2013, and took the tour to the zoo, could not believe how disgusting this place was, we even saw dead animals in cages. We complained to the cruise staff, and advised them to send a staff member there to check it out.

Other than been sad for the animals, I was very concerned for the hygiene of myself and fellow cruise guest, one of the first things we were offered was to feed the tigers meat off a stick, dangling it over the cage. You could see the juices of the meat (rotten) all over the stick where people than held it. There was little to none hand washing areas, (who would know the quality of the water)

We handed money over to hold a baby tiger before we saw the condition of the poor thing. Never again.

Worse is can't believe RCI are still running tours there, nobody on our tour was impressed, with many guest walking out of the show and waiting at the bus.

• 2 weeks later...

Some years ago, my wife & I were flying back from London to Australia, and we decided beforehand to have a stop-over in Pattaya. Stayed in a nice hotel

there, night life a bit sleezy, however, we did a day trip out to a nice island nearby, and that made all the difference to our holiday. It think the island was called Ko Larn (or similar)

We went to noon noch last year... It is very nice.. They have beautiful gardens, elephants you can ride for a short ride, great food and it's cheap.?The floating market is also nice. We also went to the elephant village and that was great. Pattaya is what you make of it.. If you want sleepy you can get it... If you don't , you can have a great time without ....it's up to you.. We spent 2 days and found no sleeziness because we didn't want it.

I am resurrecting my prior thread as I am stumped again in planning for our Laem Chabang port stop. Hopefully more people with experience of doing it themselves in this port can provide some ideas. We are in port this October for a full day, overnight then leaving the next day at 1400. We have already done a land trip and spent time in Bangkok so I would prefer to do something in the vicinity of Laem Chabang or Pattaya. I have had disappointing responses from tour or transfer services who either don't respond at all or provide responses with inaccurate info or don't seem to understand the inquiries that I have sent them (possibly language barriers) . The email responses have not inspired confidence and I am not inclined to pay in advance to someone who can't seem to communicate clearly or understand what we are inquiring about. I had thought we might be able to combine a trip to the Sanctuary of Truth and Pattaya Elephant Village but that is proving to be challenging for the reasons mentioned. Does anyone have other ideas or drivers/transfer companies that you have had success with in the Laem Chabang area?

We will also have an overnight stop in Laem Chabang.

We receive a prompt & very nice itinerary for Aytthuya from Mr Mike from Bangkok Asia Travel. I've been to Thailand multiple times & would like my husband to visit Aythuya this time. It is a little bit further than BKK but worth the trip. We will be 8 passengers.

For the second day we are going to rent a minivan for half a day from the same company & go to Nong Nooch Gardens. We already have one other couple to share with us & I feel confident that I'll find others to join us. Even if we don't get any others to share, it's still cheaper to do it independently than the ships same tour.

I've been to Nong Nooch before & although some of it is a little commercial the gardens are very nice & I'm happy to wander around with friends at our own pace, without being hurded around. I remember that there were some Thai dancing, which was very graceful & other shows when we were there previously

Highly recommend both places.

• 1 year later...
I heard back from Mike with a quote for an itinerary the same as yours. Have sent him some more questions including about any cancellation policy, payment process etc.

Hi I have come across your post from a few years back and was looking for feedback regarding Tours with Mr Mike .... did you go ahead and book with him? if so was it a good tour? I am looking at doing a tour with his company to Pattaya .... thanks in advance :)

• 3 weeks later...

We overnighted there in March. Had a wonderful tour to Ayatthula with Ms. Air of BKK tour, a great experience. The next day we had booked a driver from Mr. mike and went to Sanctuary of truth, Buddha Hill and the beach. Another enjoyable day.