Confused about what drinks are free

I really enjoyed the flavored water! They are no-calorie (so artificially sweetened - think Crystal Light or Fruit 2 O). The flavors are strawberry-kiwi, tropical mango, and lemon-lime. On Allure, I had no trouble finding them in the "food venues" (expect the Promenade Café), but each venue didn't have all the flavors. Tropical Mango was my favorite, and that was in the Park Café, Wipeout Cafe and the Solarium Café.

On Explorer, the flavored water was only in the WJ. Some stations carried the strawberry-kiwi and others carried the Tropical Mango, so I had to walk around the WJ to find the one I wanted.

I brought a large insulated cup to fill with ice and water, to carry around the ship, use by the pool, etc.

When we sailed the Freedom of the Seas, and the Mariner, Hot chocalate was available in packets where you get your free coffee.

Sea Ya

On Independence they only had tea, but that may have been yet another sign of the British focus of the ship.

On Independence they only had tea, but that may have been yet another sign of the British focus of the ship.

If the hot chocolate packets aren't out, just ask someone to get you some. People steal them, just like they steal splenda, so if you are looking for either of those, just ask.

If the hot chocolate packets aren't out, just ask someone to get you some. People steal them, just like they steal splenda...

Yep. I remember reading here once that a member helped herself to the tea bags because she loved the tea onboard and couldn't get them at home. :(:rolleyes:

You can also order tea and coffee from Room Service at any time you pay a charge between midnight and i think about 5am - but if you like tea in the morning when you get up - order it on your breakfast order card the night before - or if you fancy it mid afternoon in your cabin just contact room service

On Oasis, the orange juice at breakfast and the lemonade at lunch was pretty good. Lemonade was pre-poured - so grab one without ice and add your own ice - helps prevent getting a watered down glass of lemonade. We did find that the quality varied, but mostly it was good.

Since bars generally serve Irish (or other similar) coffee, can you just get a coffee at a bar?

I guess you didn't read all the replies. I will actually quote myself from post #6:

The included beverages are at no cost to you from what I call the the "eating venues". For example, if you go to a lounge or bar and order after-dinner coffees, you will be charged for them, just so you know.

Thanks for that, good to know. Sorry to go off topic but it's our first cruise, we are on the Serenade on 1st April out of Dubai, do you know if the solarium roof will be opened at that time of year in the Emirates. Sounds like a great area of the ship to sunbathe and use Park Cafe. Thanks again.

Thanks for that, good to know. Sorry to go off topic but it's our first cruise, we are on the Serenade on 1st April out of Dubai, do you know if the solarium roof will be opened at that time of year in the Emirates. Sounds like a great area of the ship to sunbathe and use Park Cafe. Thanks again.

We did a b2b on Serenade in Dubai last month & they didn't open the roof but pool deck is close by where you can sunbathe. We use the solarium & love it as we burn easily.

Park Cafe is great we had breakfast & lunch there many times.

Enjoy Serenade she is a beautiful ship.

Archived