Montego Bay - Sunset Beach or Hilton Rose Hall?

Julia Goolia

Porting in MoBay on my May cruise. Looking for an all inclusive beach/pool day. Looks like the two best options are Sunset Beach and Hilton Rose Hall. Has anyone been to both that can make a good comparison? Would love to hear thoughts on each/both.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to both. Sunset beach we went with the 6 adults, and kids ages 8, 11, and 18. They had a great time. Nice lazy river, a couple of slides, big pool to play around in. Kayak and snorkeling is available. Food was buffet - lots of different choices. I think there was a swim up bar, but didn't hang around that pool since we were with the kids. Not very crowded at all.

Rose Hall - Only went with my husband. Nice lazy river, a couple of slides. Went kayaking, but didn't snorkel. Food was not a buffet, but you could order all you wanted. Very generous portions. Swim up bar.

Overall we preferred Sunset Beach - much shorter drive 5-10 minutes vs 25-30 (almost 40 with traffic getting back to the ship). We took their shuttle. Sunset was also a little cheaper. Check-in was more organized at Rose Hall. Sunset may look a little older, but that didn't take away from our enjoyment of the resort.

Thanks, NeedsAVacation.

I ended up making a reservation at Rose Hall before seeing your message.

The shorter drive is appealing to me but I'm not sure if I could change my reservation at this point or not.

One other question for you. Did you notice a difference in how many kids were at each? As it is just my brother and I, we would prefer a quieter place with less kids if possible.

Thanks again.

Archived