Embark and Away!! RyG's Cruise Blog & Site

Today I published my brand new personal cruise website! I know that some people here on Cruise Critic can find the information on it useful.

The website contains lots of cruise information, tips, podcasts, blogs, and various other information.

www.embarkandaway.com - Homepage

www.embarkandaway.com/cruise-blog.html - Cruise Blog (small for now, but will grow over time!)

I have spent months writing all of the articles on the website and hope you find them all useful. I orginally wanted to write a cruise book, but I decided a free informational website would be better. The blog will grow as I write more posts!

I created all of this because I enjoy helping others prepare and plan for their cruise and am commonly asked by others about what to expect onboard.

Since the website is new please feel free to give me feedback, tips on web design, or comments! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I have added a brand new blog post to the website:

"What To Expect During the Muster Station Drill"

http://www.embarkandaway.com/cruise-blog.html

Regarding the Earlier Post: I have removed the podcasts because of the terrible quality of sound.

Feel free to ask any questions and I hope you find this website/blog this useful!

Edited by thecruiserofships

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I started creating cruise coloring book pages (from my cruise pics.) and I just wanted to share them with my fellow Cruise Critic members. I posted them all online to my personal cruise website in a pdf document form.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/cruise-coloring-pages.html

Enjoy, I hope you find them fun and useful, and have a great time coloring!

Thats great, thank you sooo much. Will get my Dh to print off lots of these as it will be a nice way to spend the 3 hours flight to the ship with our young daughters coloring them in!! I see a very peaceful flight!!!

Thats great, thank you sooo much. Will get my Dh to print off lots of these as it will be a nice way to spend the 3 hours flight to the ship with our young daughters coloring them in!! I see a very peaceful flight!!!

Glad you liked them! Have a great flight and great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

On my Carnival Miracle cruise I got to tour the backstage area of the stage in the Phantom Lounge. The tour was free and open to all guests who read the FunTimes. The tour was put on by the cruise director and entertainment staff.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/1/post/2013/12/carnival-miracle-backstage-tour-photos.html

I thought you might enjoy some photos of backstage so I posted them online.

Did you have to sneak the pictures? We did the behind the fun tour of the boat and were told no pictures anywhere.

I did not have to sneak the pictures. The crew members said we could take as many pictures as we wanted! :) If they would have said no I would have been to scared to try to sneak pictures!

This was separate from the Behind the Fun Tour. This tour was only a backstage tour and was free to all guests interested! In the Funtimes it said to come to the Phantom Theatre at a certain time and all who came got to walk through the backstage area.

This was the first cruise that I have ever been on that did a free Backstage Tour. It was exciting and hopefully in the future I will be onboard when something like this is offered again!

Edited by thecruiserofships

Wow, interesting!

Don't think I've ever seen anyone post or mention this here.

What did it say in the Fun Times? Just "backstage tour"? Which day was it and how many were involved?

Aside from the photos, did you learn any cool tidbits about the workings of the shows?

Having sung in the "Legends" show quite a few times, I know how interesting the "backstage" area is. I'm amazed that they put on that tour, but am very pleased to hear that it was offered. It was probably up to the Cruise Director. Who was the C.D.?

THANKS for letting us know about this. It's GREAT!

"SKY"

Wow, interesting!

Don't think I've ever seen anyone post or mention this here.

What did it say in the Fun Times? Just "backstage tour"? Which day was it and how many were involved?

Aside from the photos, did you learn any cool tidbits about the workings of the shows?

On the Fun-Times it was listed as Backstage Tour. That was all it said besides the time and Phantom Theatre.

My cruise director offered it on the last full day of the cruise. I think this is up to the cruise director because I have never seen anything like this offered before.

This tour was open to all who wanted to attend. There was no signup at all. The backstage area makes a circular loop and basically the tour was a line that you walked around yourself with crew members to guide you.

I didn't learn any facts that still stand out to me, but I really enjoyed seeing the backstage area.

Having sung in the "Legends" show quite a few times, I know how interesting the "backstage" area is. I'm amazed that they put on that tour, but am very pleased to hear that it was offered. It was probably up to the Cruise Director. Who was the C.D.?

THANKS for letting us know about this. It's GREAT!

"SKY"

The CD was Chris Roberts. The best cruise director that I have ever had on Carnival. I have not had very many before so I really can't compare them all.

The Miracle's Entertainment Department was the best out of any ship in fleet that I have sailed. The shows were great and I think on my cruise the Miracle had the best showband.