Embark and Away!! RyG's Cruise Blog & Site

Some of the worst behavior I've encountered on a ship was on Celebrity.

Sorry to disappoint but I have no Carnival stories to share.

While some of the activities, food and decor were not to my liking; fellow Carnival passengers were all quite pleasant.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Evening!

A few weeks ago I shared a short quiz that you could test yourself over Carnival to see how well you know their history and current programs. Many people thought it was too easy so today I am sharing a harder version or a Level 2 to the quiz. This is just for fun, with no prizes involved.

Here is the link to the Level 1 Quiz and the new Level 2 quiz:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-trivia-quiz.html

Feel free to post your score (good or bad)!

I hope you enjoy and have some fun while reading Cruise Critic tonight!!

Good Evening!

A few weeks ago I shared a short quiz that you could test yourself over Carnival to see how well you know their history and current programs. Many people thought it was too easy so today I am sharing a harder version or a Level 2 to the quiz. This is just for fun, with no prizes involved.

Here is the link to the Level 1 Quiz and the new Level 2 quiz:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-trivia-quiz.html

Feel free to post your score (good or bad)!

I hope you enjoy and have some fun while reading Cruise Critic tonight!!

I fixed the link so everything works now! Sorry for the trouble, as I seem to have bad luck with broken links. The link in the previous will now work.

What are the things that you love the most and least about Carnival? This could pertain to any ship or onboard program/amenity.

While on this topic I thought I would share my top 5 reasons for loving cruises in general. My blog post overlaps with this topic because all of the reasons I provided are why I enjoy cruising Carnival.

http://www.embarkandaway.com/1/post/2014/02/the-reasons-why-i-love-cruising.html

Things on a cruise may not always be perfect, but it is each individual's attitude that can determine if a cruise was fun, good, or bad.

Happy Valentine's Day to all! I thought it would be neat to start this thread on Valentine's Day!

We did this last summer on the Miracle. It was our last day -- and I have to be honest - I was tired from all the ports and the fun. The tour is early in the AM and I would have liked to sleep in! I learned a lot, and it was interesting (especially the laundry and the galley) but the rest got a little long. Our guide was ok.

I would have rather slept in -- but it was an experience and now that I had it -- I do not have to do it again.

• 1 month later...
We did this last summer on the Miracle. It was our last day -- and I have to be honest - I was tired from all the ports and the fun. The tour is early in the AM and I would have liked to sleep in! I learned a lot, and it was interesting (especially the laundry and the galley) but the rest got a little long. Our guide was ok.

I would have rather slept in -- but it was an experience and now that I had it -- I do not have to do it again.

I know sometimes we have to give something up to experience something else.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone!!

I just wanted to share a new blog feature that I have been testing and working on. I hope this will be a great benefit to everyone.

I have created a blog on my personal website that will automatically publish a cruise tip everyday. The tips follow a theme. For example, Mondays will be a tip dedicated to booking/embarkation.

Here It Is:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/before-you-cruise.html

Please let me know what you think. If one person can find it useful it will all be worth it! Thank you!

Edited by thecruiserofships

• 2 months later...

Well said!