Intercontinental Thalasso

Subliminal

Has anyone ever stayed here in an OWB while in Bora Bora, but not booked it through Paul Gauguin? I have a bunch of Priority Club points that I would love to use on an award booking the night we are in port.

It seems pretty easy to get to the Intercontinental Le Moana from Vaitape and then take the shuttle boat across. Would that be the best/only way to get there? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Thanks for the info Tiki.

Medic - We are arriving a few days prior and might end up in an OWB then. Based on reviews and photos, the OWB's in Bora Bora appear nicer than those in Tahiti and Moorea. We were considering heading over to the IC Thalasso on the second day anyway, so rather than paying for a day pass, this would be free by using points. I'm not sure the next time we will be back to Bora Bora, so this could be a great opportunity for us to do it.

You guys are the experts though, is it worth doing?

But if your going to do it .............. do it right, get the best room, blow the points and take the views in. I've been to Bora Bora at least a dozen times, I never get over the incredible beauty ............

You are correct, the rooms in Bora bora and bigger & nicer ......... but the main difference is the views, Bora Bora is on the top of the list!

One last thing. THere are several categories of "diamond" ........ make sure you give them a list of room numbers, I gave them to you so there isn't any mistake on the category you want/request. Enjoy

Edited by Tikiintahiti

I am getting a free night during one of my cruises this September. Got the free night by having the Priority Club Visa card for $49/year. I will never stay here pre or post or take a land vacation here so what the hell. I will be on the ship for 18 nights so losing one for me is no big deal.

Thanks for the info Tiki.

Medic - We are arriving a few days prior and might end up in an OWB then. Based on reviews and photos, the OWB's in Bora Bora appear nicer than those in Tahiti and Moorea. We were considering heading over to the IC Thalasso on the second day anyway, so rather than paying for a day pass, this would be free by using points. I'm not sure the next time we will be back to Bora Bora, so this could be a great opportunity for us to do it.

You guys are the experts though, is it worth doing?

Day pass sounds like an interesting option for us for our second day in Bora Bora. I don't want to stay the night but would love to enjoy the resort and check it out for a future trip. Do you know what a day pass costs? Can you just show up and purchase it?

Thanks!

Day pass sounds like an interesting option for us for our second day in Bora Bora. I don't want to stay the night but would love to enjoy the resort and check it out for a future trip. Do you know what a day pass costs? Can you just show up and purchase it?

Thanks!

Tiki is right. This is from the PG excursion page:

A Day at the Beach (Bora Bora) (BRB-001)

An eco-friendly jewel in the South Pacific, the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa is located between the “two hearts” of Motu Pita Aau, a coral island on the barrier reef. Enjoy a day poolside or at the beach, swimming in the pristine azure lagoons. Complimentary use of paddle board, windsurf, kayak, snorkeling equipment, and (outrigger) is included.

Guests will transfer via taxi from Vaitape to the InterContinental Le Moana and shuttle transfer to the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa. Your excursion also includes a two-course lunch (a main course plus either appetizer or dessert), served at the poolside restaurant. Beverages, spa treatments, and certain activities can be purchased at the resort at an additional cost.

$120

The problem with the Le Moana is it doesn't have the stellar mountain view. It does have some pluses

1. Close to other restaurants & shops

2. Easy access to the snorkel location behind the Sofitel Motu

3. easy walk acrss the street the longest beach on Bora Bora

Here is a map. IMO the best room is #27. #27 is considered a 'white' villa ......... very romantic, good view of the lagoon and the best angle to view the mountain though it is not as good as many of the other major resorts.

ICBoraBora.jpg

Here is a interesting PDF I made giving the views from different resorts on Bora Bora ........... enjoy

Mountains views from the major resorts

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Tiki is right. This is from the PG excursion page:

A Day at the Beach (Bora Bora) (BRB-001)

An eco-friendly jewel in the South Pacific, the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa is located between the “two hearts” of Motu Pita Aau, a coral island on the barrier reef. Enjoy a day poolside or at the beach, swimming in the pristine azure lagoons. Complimentary use of paddle board, windsurf, kayak, snorkeling equipment, and (outrigger) is included.

Guests will transfer via taxi from Vaitape to the InterContinental Le Moana and shuttle transfer to the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa. Your excursion also includes a two-course lunch (a main course plus either appetizer or dessert), served at the poolside restaurant. Beverages, spa treatments, and certain activities can be purchased at the resort at an additional cost.

$120

Thanks - I think I need to read ship tours details a little closer. Sounds like a fun way to spend the day.

• 5 years later...

This message is to Subliminal:

Hi there, I realize this is an old post but we're planning the same cruise this spring and would also like to use points to stay at IHG Thalasso. Do you have any tips that you can share with us? Were you happy with your decision to "abandon ship" for one night? Thank you, Laura